It's an obvious assumption that car insurance companies want to prevent you from shopping around. Drivers who shop around for a cheaper policy are likely to switch car insurance companies because they have a good chance of finding a lower-priced company. A study discovered that people who compared prices once a year saved as much as $3,500 over four years as compared to drivers who don't make a habit of comparing rates.
If saving money on auto insurance is the reason you're here, then having some insight into how to get rate quotes and compare insurance rates can help make the process easier.
The most effective way to get more affordable Jeep Grand Cherokee insurance is to begin comparing prices regularly from insurers who provide car insurance in Indianapolis. You can compare prices by following these guidelines.
Step 1: Try to understand coverages and the modifications you can make to keep rates in check. Many rating factors that result in higher rates such as careless driving and poor credit history can be improved by being financially responsible and driving safely. Continue reading for information to find cheap prices and get bigger discounts that may have been overlooked.
Step 2: Request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote prices for many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your existing rates and see if you can save money. If you can save money and switch companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
Step 4: Give notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current coverage and submit payment and a completed application to the new insurer. Make sure you place your new certificate verifying proof of insurance in your vehicle.
A crucial key to this process is to make sure you enter identical coverage information on each quote request and to quote with as many companies as you can. Doing this helps ensure a fair rate comparison and a good representation of prices.
If you already have coverage, you will surely be able to lower your rates using the following tips. Choosing the most cost-effective auto insurance policy in Indianapolis is much easier if you have a good place to start. But Indiana vehicle owners do need to know the methods companies use to market insurance on the web and use it to your advantage.
Companies offering affordable Jeep Grand Cherokee rates in Indianapolis, IN
The providers in the list below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Indianapolis, IN. If multiple companies are shown, it's highly recommended you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Analysis of coverages
The premium information displayed below covers a range of insurance premium costs for Jeep Grand Cherokee models. Having knowledge of how car insurance premiums are determined helps drivers make smart choices when selecting a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Grand Cherokee Laredo 2WD||$168||$304||$264||$16||$80||$832||$69|
|Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD||$168||$304||$264||$16||$80||$832||$69|
|Grand Cherokee Limited 2WD||$188||$358||$264||$16||$80||$906||$76|
|Grand Cherokee Limited 4WD||$188||$358||$264||$16||$80||$906||$76|
|Grand Cherokee SRT-8 4WD||$188||$358||$264||$16||$80||$906||$76|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and multi-policy. Information does not factor in vehicle garaging location which can influence insurance rates substantially.
The example below highlights how deductible selection and can influence Jeep Grand Cherokee insurance costs for different age groups of insureds. The rates are based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Jeep Grand Cherokee insurance discounts in Indianapolis
Car insurance companies don't always list every discount they offer in a way that's easy to find, so the following is a list of both the well known and the harder-to-find credits available to bring down your rates.
- Life Insurance - Not all companies offer life insurance, but some may give you better prices if you take out a life insurance policy as well.
- Claim-Free Discount - Insureds with no claims or accidents pay less in comparison with insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Safety Restraint Discount - Requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts could save 15% off the medical payments premium.
- Safe Driver Discounts - Drivers who avoid accidents could pay up to 40% less than drivers with accident claims.
- Discount for Passive Restraints - Cars that have air bags or automatic seat belts can qualify for discounts of 20% or more.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage - Not a discount per se, but some companies like GEICO, State Farm, and Progressive will turn a blind eye to one accident before your rates go up if you have no claims prior to being involved in the accident.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Maintaining low annual mileage could qualify for lower auto insurance rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Defensive Driver Discounts - Successfully completing a class that teaches defensive driver techniques can save you 5% or more depending on where you live.
- Multiple Policy Discount - When you have multiple policies and insure them both with the same insurance company you will save at least 10% off all policies.
It's important to note that some credits don't apply to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So despite the fact that it appears you could get a free auto insurance policy, auto insurance companies aren't that generous.
The example below shows the comparison of Jeep Grand Cherokee insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the premium. The price estimates are based on a female driver, a clean driving record, no claims, Indiana state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-car, safe-driver, and claim-free discounts applied.
The best auto insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts include:
- State Farm has savings for multiple autos, anti-theft, accident-free, defensive driving training, safe vehicle, multiple policy, and passive restraint.
- Progressive includes discounts for online quote discount, multi-policy, good student, online signing, continuous coverage, homeowner, and multi-vehicle.
- Travelers policyholders can earn discounts including multi-car, driver training, student away at school, save driver, early quote, and hybrid/electric vehicle.
- American Family offers discounts for air bags, accident-free, multi-vehicle, defensive driver, bundled insurance, good student, and good driver.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts including safety features, new graduate, hybrid vehicle, teen driver discount, and new move discount.
If you need lower rates, check with every insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Discounts may not be available in Indianapolis.
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Insurance Cost Equation
One of the most helpful ways to save on insurance is to to have a grasp of the different types of things that help determine your insurance rates. If you understand what impacts premium levels, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can earn you lower rates. Lots of things are part of the equation when you get a price on insurance. Some are pretty understandable such as traffic violations, but some are more transparent like where you live or how financially stable you are.
The following are some of the most common factors used by your company to calculate prices.
Avoid traffic tickets - Being a careful driver has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Having just one speeding ticket can increase rates to the point where it's not affordable. Drivers who don't get tickets pay less for auto insurance compared to bad drivers. Drivers who get severe violations such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may be required to file a SR-22 with their state's department of motor vehicles in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
The diagram below demonstrates how traffic citations and accidents can influence Jeep Grand Cherokee insurance costs for different categories of driver ages. The information is based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
- Higher insurance rates for insurance policy lapses - Not having insurance is against the law and insurance companies will penalize you for letting your coverage lapse. Not only will you pay higher rates, failure to provide proof of insurance could earn you fines and jail time. You may have to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Indiana motor vehicle department.
High performance vehicles cost more to insure - The performance level of the vehicle you are buying insurance for makes a substantial difference in your rates. Low performance passenger vehicles usually are quite affordable to insure, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
The following data assumes a single male driver age 50, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The chart compares Jeep Grand Cherokee policy rates compared to other models that have different performances.
- Rates can be impacted by your occupation - Occupations such as lawyers, executives, and accountants tend to have the highest average rates attributed to intense work-related stress and lots of time spent at work. Conversely, careers like scientists, historians and the unemployed have the lowest average rates.
Jeep Grand Cherokee claim data - Car insurance companies include the past claim history for a vehicle to help calculate premium costs. Vehicles that the data shows to have higher loss trends will be charged more to insure. The next table illustrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Jeep Grand Cherokee vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles, as an average, is considered to be 100. Values below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while numbers above 100 indicate more frequent claims or statistically larger losses.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Jeep Grand Cherokee Vehicles Specific Jeep Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Jeep Grand Cherokee 4dr 2WD 81 111 71 62 60 94 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4dr 4WD 91 112 98 67 63 89BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
You may need specialized insurance coverage
When it comes to choosing adequate coverage, there isn't really a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your needs are not the same as everyone else's.
For instance, these questions can aid in determining whether your personal situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Does my Jeep Grand Cherokee qualify for pleasure use?
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
- What does PIP insurance cover?
- Are my friends covered when driving my Jeep Grand Cherokee?
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- If my Jeep Grand Cherokee is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
If you can't answer these questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Compare rate quotes but still have a local Indianapolis insurance agency
Some people still prefer to buy from a licensed agent. An additional benefit of comparing insurance online is you can get the lowest rates and still choose a local agent. And supporting local insurance agents is important particularly in Indianapolis.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, your coverage information is submitted to companies in Indianapolis who want to provide quotes to get your business. You won't even need to even leave your home as quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. You can get cheaper insurance rates AND an agent nearby. If you wish to quote rates from a particular provider, you would need to find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
If you're trying to find local Indianapolis agents, it can be helpful to understand the types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Insurance agents in Indianapolis can be described as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Independent Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
These agents are not locked into one company so they can quote policies with lots of companies and find you the best rates. If they quote lower rates, your agent can just switch to a different company which requires no work on your part.
When comparison shopping, it's recommended you get some free quotes from a couple of independent agencies so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
Featured below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Indianapolis that may be able to give you price quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive are contracted to one company and some examples include American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. These agents are unable to place coverage with different providers so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Below are Indianapolis exclusive agents that are able to give rate quotes.
Picking the best insurance agent should include more criteria than just a cheap price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
Persistent drivers can save
People switch companies for any number of reasons including poor customer service, not issuing a premium refund, delays in paying claims or even policy non-renewal. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a great new company is less work than it seems.
A few companies may not provide rates over the internet and these smaller companies only sell through independent agents. More affordable insurance in Indianapolis can be sourced online and also from your neighborhood Indianapolis agents, so you should compare both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
As you restructure your insurance plan, it's not a good idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. Too many times, drivers have reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to find out that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your objective should be to find the BEST coverage at the best possible price while still protecting your assets.
Additional detailed information is available by following these links:
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Felons in Indianapolis? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Camry in Indianapolis? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Government Employees in Indianapolis? (FAQ)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)