Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that the vast majority of car insurance customers have been with the same company for four years or more, and almost half have never compared rate quotes at all. Many consumers in Indiana could save almost $700 each year just by comparing rates, but they don’t know the rate savings if they moved their coverage to a different company.
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get cheaper auto insurance rates is to regularly compare quotes from insurers in Indianapolis.
- Spend some time learning about how your policy works and the measures you can take to drop your rates. Many factors that result in higher prices such as traffic citations and poor credit can be eliminated by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Continue reading for more details to get lower rates and get discounts that may be available to you.
- Compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from many different companies. Click to view companies
- Compare the new quotes to your existing coverage to see if cheaper ILX coverage is available in Indianapolis. If you find a lower rate quote and make a switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Give notification to your current company of your decision to cancel the current policy and submit a down payment and signed policy application for the new policy. As soon as you receive it, store the certificate verifying coverage somewhere easily accessible.
A valuable tip to remember is to try to use the same amount of coverage on each quote and and to get rate quotes from as many carriers as you can. Doing this guarantees a fair rate comparison and the best price selection.
The easiest way to compare car insurance rates for Acura ILX insurance in Indianapolis is to know the trick most insurance companies will pay a fee to give rate comparisons. The one thing you need to do is provide the companies a bit of rating information such as if your license is active, what you do for a living, distance driven, and if a SR-22 is needed. That information is then sent to many different companies and you get price estimates almost instantly.
To start a rate quote now, click here and enter the information requested.
The companies in the list below provide free rate quotes in Indianapolis, IN. If multiple companies are listed, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
Car insurance is not optional
Despite the high cost, maintaining insurance serves an important purpose.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Acura, it’s most likely the lender will require you to buy full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank will be required to insure your Acura for a lot more money and force you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your Acura and your assets. It also can pay for all forms of medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you have damage to your Acura as the result of the weather or an accident, your policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your car are without a doubt worth the cost, especially with large liability claims. As of last year, the average driver in Indiana is overpaying more than $865 each year so compare rates every year to ensure rates are competitive.
Slash rates with these price cutting discounts
Some insurance providers do not advertise all available discounts very well, so the list below details some of the more common as well as the least known credits available to bring down your rates.
- Life Insurance – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a discount if you purchase auto and life insurance together.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Good Students Pay Less – Performing well in school can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The discount lasts well after school through age 25.
- Driver Training Discounts – Taking time to complete a class that teaches defensive driving techniques is a good idea and can lower rates and make you a better driver.
- Federal Government Employee – Having worked for a branch of the government may reduce rates when you quote Indianapolis auto insurance but check with your company.
- Seat Belts Save – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt could cut 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can qualify for discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Drive Safe and Save – Insureds who avoid accidents may receive a discount up to 45% compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Having all your vehicles with the same company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Accident Waiver – This isn’t a discount exactly, but some insurance companies will allow you to have one accident without raising rates if your claims history is clear before the accident.
Discounts save money, but please remember that many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Even though it appears you can get free auto insurance, nobody gets a free ride.
Some companies that may have these money-saving discounts are:
When quoting, ask each insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policies in Indianapolis. If you would like to see a list of insurers that offer discounts in Indiana, click here.
Buying insurance from Indianapolis insurance agencies
Certain consumers would rather have an agent’s advice and we recommend doing that A nice benefit of price shopping on the web is the fact that you can find cheap insurance quotes but also keep your business local.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is emailed to companies in Indianapolis who will give competitive quotes to get your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to search for any insurance agencies because prices are sent to the email address you provide. You can get cheaper insurance rates AND an agent nearby. If you want to quote rates from a specific insurance provider, you would need to search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Picking the best company requires more thought than just a cheap quote. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Does the agent help file claims?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
If you would like to find an insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agents to choose from. Insurance policy providers can either be exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only place business with one company and examples are Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agencies are unable to give you multiple price quotes so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive insurance agents are very knowledgeable on sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. A lot of people buy from the same agent for years partially due to the brand name rather than low rates.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agencies in Indianapolis willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Norm Street – State Farm Insurance Agent
8610 E Washington St – Indianapolis, IN 46219 – (317) 898-2626 – View Map
- Brenda Bond – State Farm Insurance Agent
4475 W 71st St – Indianapolis, IN 46268 – (317) 328-0882 – View Map
- State Farm: David R Johnson
4770 S Emerson Ave #J, Indianapolis 46203 – 4770 S Emerson Ave #J, IN 46203 – (317) 782-8858 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent can sell policies from many different companies and that allows them to write policies with a variety of different insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. If you are not satisfied with one company, your agent can just switch to a different company and that require little work on your part. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you should always get rate quotes from a couple of independent agencies to have the most options to choose from. Most have the option of insuring with mutual insurance companies who may have lower rates.
Shown below are Indianapolis independent insurance agents that can give you comparison quotes.
- Jensen Ford Insurance
8000 S Meridian St – Indianapolis, IN 46217 – (317) 888-6007 – View Map
- Access Auto Insurance
2107 W Washington St – Indianapolis, IN 46222 – (317) 687-8807 – View Map
- Walker and Associates Insurance
360 Gradle Dr – Carmel, IN 46032 – (317) 848-4400 – View Map
Cover all your bases
While you’re price shopping online, it’s very important that you do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many situations where someone sacrificed liability coverage limits to discover at claim time that it was a big error on their part. Your aim should be to buy enough coverage for the lowest price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Consumers who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as not issuing a premium refund, lack of trust in their agent, denial of a claim or even high rates after DUI convictions. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a great new company is less work than it seems.
Discount Acura ILX insurance in Indianapolis is available on the web in addition to many Indianapolis insurance agents, so get free Indianapolis auto insurance quotes from both of them to have the best selection. Some car insurance companies do not offer the ability to get quotes online and these smaller companies work with local independent agencies.
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Homeowners in Indianapolis? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Indianapolis? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Mazda CX-7 in Indianapolis? (FAQ)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)