If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get affordable Pontiac Grand Prix insurance is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from providers who sell auto insurance in Indianapolis. This can be done by following these steps.
- Step 1: Read and learn about car insurance and the things you can control to drop your rates. Many risk factors that result in higher rates like inattentive driving and poor credit rating can be rectified by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Later in this article we will cover more details to help reduce premium rates and find discounts that may have been missed.
- Step 2: Get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can quote prices from multiple insurance companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rates to your current policy premium to see if cheaper Grand Prix coverage is available. If you find a lower rate quote and buy the policy, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
A valuable tip to remember is to make sure you enter the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every quote and and to get price quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. This ensures an accurate price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that the vast majority of auto insurance customers in Indiana have purchased from the same company for at least the last four years, and just short of a majority have never compared rates from other carriers. Many consumers in America can save hundreds of dollars each year, but they don’t want to take the time to compare rates and save money.
If you’re already insured, you will definitely be able to reduce the price you pay using the ideas covered in this article. Buying the cheapest insurance in Indianapolis is not rocket science. Although Indiana vehicle owners do need to learn the methods companies use to charge you for coverage and use it to find better rates.
When shopping for the cheapest Pontiac Grand Prix rate quotes, there are a couple of ways to compare rate quotes from many available insurance companies in Indiana. The quickest method to comparison shop is to perform an online rate comparison.
Getting price quotes online is very simple and it takes the place of having to call or drive to each insurance agency near you. Quoting and buying Pontiac Grand Prix insurance online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you have a need for the professional advice that you can only get from talking to an agent. Drivers can get the lowest quotes online but have your policy serviced through an agent.
Just keep in mind that getting more free quotes helps you find better pricing. Some smaller insurers do not give online Indianapolis Grand Prix insurance quotes, so it’s important to compare price estimates from the smaller companies as well.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide quotes in Indianapolis, IN. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Get cheaper Pontiac Grand Prix insurance rates in Indianapolis
Some providers do not list every policy discount very well, so the below list has both well-publicized and also the lesser-known discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Indianapolis auto insurance online. If they aren’t giving you every credit you qualify for, you are paying more than you should be.
- Save over 55 – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens can possibly qualify for lower premium rates.
- No Accidents – Indianapolis drivers who stay claim-free have much lower rates compared to policyholders that have many claims.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Forcing all vehicle occupants to buckle up before driving may be able to save a few bucks off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are less likely to be stolen and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Home Ownership Discount – Just owning your own home may trigger a policy discount on car insurance because of the fact that having a home demonstrates responsibility.
Consumers should know that some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Even though it appears it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies wouldn’t make money that way. But all discounts will help reduce your policy cost.
Companies who might offer these money-saving discounts include:
If you want affordable Indianapolis auto insurance quotes, ask every company which discounts you qualify for. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply in your area. For a list of insurers with significant discounts in Indianapolis, click here.
Buying car insurance from Indianapolis insurance agencies
Many people still prefer to talk to a local agent and that is a smart decision One of the great benefits of comparing rate quotes online is that you can obtain the best rates and still choose a local agent.
After filling out this quick form, the coverage information is immediately sent to participating agents in Indianapolis who will return price quotes for your business. You won’t even need to drive around due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to your email address. You can most likely find cheaper rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you want to quote rates from one company in particular, you would need to jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right insurance company requires more thought than just a low price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Indianapolis?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
Two different types of car insurance agents
If you’re trying to find a local insurance agency, you must know there are a couple types of insurance agents to choose from. Agents may be either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only quote rates from one company like State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. They generally cannot provide prices from multiple companies so always compare other rates. They are highly trained on what they offer and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Indianapolis who may provide you with price quote information.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies are not restricted to one company and that allows them to write policies amongst many companies and find you cheaper rates. If your premiums go up, they simply switch companies in-house which makes it simple for you.
If you need lower rates, you will definitely want to compare prices from a few independent agents to have the best price comparison.
The following are Indianapolis independent insurance agencies who can help you get rate quotes.
Coverages available on your policy
Knowing the specifics of your policy helps when choosing which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy. These are typical coverages available from insurance companies.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Due to the fact that many Indiana drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (25/50/10), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is a good idea.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance kick in for short-term medical expenses like prosthetic devices, ambulance fees and pain medications. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. It covers you and your occupants as well as getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not available in all states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Comprehensive auto coverage
Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first have to pay a deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as damage from getting keyed, damage from flooding and hail damage. The maximum amount your insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
This coverage provides protection from damage that occurs to other’s property or people by causing an accident. Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You might see limits of 25/50/10 that means you have $25,000 bodily injury coverage, $50,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $10,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers things like emergency aid, funeral expenses, attorney fees and legal defense fees. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but buy as large an amount as possible. Indiana state law requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/10 but drivers should carry more liability than the minimum.
The next chart demonstrates why buying low liability limits may not provide you with enough coverage.
Auto collision coverage
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against things like colliding with a tree, crashing into a ditch, hitting a parking meter, backing into a parked car and hitting a mailbox. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are older. You can also raise the deductible on your Grand Prix to save money on collision insurance.
Cheap insurance is out there
Budget-conscious Pontiac Grand Prix insurance is available online in addition to many Indianapolis insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies don’t offer online rate quotes and usually these small insurance companies only sell through local independent agents.
As you prepare to switch companies, you should never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many situations where consumers will sacrifice collision coverage only to find out they didn’t have enough coverage. Your focus should be to find the BEST coverage at the best possible price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Indianapolis Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota Highlander? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Indianapolis Auto Insurance Rates for a Toyota RAV4? (FAQ)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)