Want to learn how to find low-cost insurance rates in Indianapolis, IN? Indianapolis buyers have options when searching for low-cost Cadillac ATS insurance. You can either spend your time calling around trying to get quotes or leverage the internet to compare rates.
There are both good and bad ways to compare insurance rates so we’re going to tell you the proper way to price shop coverage on a Cadillac and get the lowest possible price either online or from Indianapolis insurance agents.
Our goal in writing this article help educate you on how car insurance quotes work and also pocket some savings If you are already insured, you should be able to get lower rates using the ideas presented in this article. Consumers only need to know the proper way to buy auto insurance using one simple form.
Lowering your Cadillac ATS insurance rates is a great way to save money. Just spend a little time comparing rates to find out which insurance company has affordable Indianapolis car insurance quotes.
The following companies offer free quotes in Indianapolis, IN. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get the cheapest price.
It may be expensive, but it’s not optional
Despite the high cost, maintaining insurance is required for several reasons.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Cadillac ATS has a loan, almost every bank will have a requirement that you buy insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Cadillac for a lot more money and force you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Car insurance protects both your Cadillac and your assets. Insurance will pay for most medical and hospital costs incurred in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially if you ever need it. But the average driver in Indiana is overpaying over $750 every year so you should quote rates once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
What Impacts Cadillac ATS Insurance Prices?
Multiple criteria are used in the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some factors are common sense like a motor vehicle report, but other factors are more transparent such as whether you are married or how financially stable you are.
Shown below are some of the items utilized by car insurance companies to help set your rates.
- Extra policy coverages are wasting money – There are quite a few add-on coverages that you can buy on your car insurance policy. Coverages like roadside assistance, accident forgiveness, and membership fees could be just wasting money. The coverages may be enticing when discussing your needs, but if you have no use for them get rid of them and save.
- File insurance claims and pay more – If you tend to file frequent claims, don’t be surprised to see higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Auto insurance companies in Indiana generally give lower rates to insureds who file claims infrequently. Your car insurance is designed for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Consider raising deductibles – Deductibles for physical damage tell how much you are required to spend out-of-pocket if a covered claim is submitted. Coverage for physical damage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, protects your car from damage. Some examples of covered claims could be rear-ending another vehicle, collision with a deer, and damage from wind. The more you’re willing to pay, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
- Prices and vocation – Jobs such as military generals, social workers, and dentists are shown to have higher rates than the rest of us because of stressful work requirements and lots of time spent away from family. Other occupations like scientists, athletes and homemakers receive lower rates.
- Limits of liability insurance – The liability coverage on your policy will afford coverage when you are ruled to be at fault for an accident. It provides legal defense coverage which can cost a lot. It is affordable coverage compared to other policy coverages, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
- Annual mileage impacts premiums – The more you drive your Cadillac in a year’s time the higher your rates will be. Many insurance companies apply a rate based upon how much you drive. Cars not used for work or commuting can be on a lower rate level than those that get driven frequently. Improper usage on your ATS may be wasting your money. Double check that your vehicle rating is showing annual mileage.
Insurance loss data for Cadillac ATS vehicles – Companies analyze historical claim data to calculate a price that offsets possible losses. Vehicles that the statistics show to have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will have higher rates. The table below shows the insurance loss data for Cadillac ATS vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is considered to be 100. Values under 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while values over 100 indicate more frequent losses or an increased chance of a larger loss.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Cadillac ATS Models Specific Cadillac Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Cadillac ATS 4dr 2WD 121 97 103 107 96 90 Cadillac ATS 4dr 4WD 127 81 91 92 93 74BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Don’t give up on cheap premiums
There are still a few companies who may not provide price quotes online and many times these smaller companies sell through local independent agencies. Cheaper car insurance in Indianapolis can be found online in addition to many Indianapolis insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
As you shop your coverage around, it’s not a good idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. There are many occasions where drivers have reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The goal is to buy enough coverage for the lowest price.
We covered a lot of ways to compare Cadillac ATS insurance premium rates in Indianapolis. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get prices for, the better likelihood of getting the cheapest Cadillac ATS rate quotes. Consumers could even find that the lowest premium rates come from an unexpected company.
Steps to finding low-cost rates for Cadillac ATS insurance in Indianapolis
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get budget Cadillac ATS insurance in Indianapolis is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from providers that insure vehicles in Indiana.
Step 1: Try to learn about car insurance and the measures you can control to prevent rate increases. Many factors that are responsible for high rates such as high-risk driving behaviors and poor credit history can be eliminated by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
Step 2: Request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can give you price quotes from multiple insurance companies.
Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find a lower rate and buy the policy, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Give notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your existing policy. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to your new carrier. As soon as you have the new policy, place your new certificate verifying proof of insurance somewhere easily accessible.
An important note is to compare identical deductibles and limits on every price quote and and to get price estimates from as many car insurance companies as possible. This ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and many rates to choose from.
Even more information can be found at these sites:
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Felons in Indianapolis? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Honda Civic in Indianapolis? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Indianapolis? (FAQ)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)