It goes without saying that auto insurance companies don’t want you to look at other companies. People who get price comparisons will presumably switch to a new company because the odds are good of finding better rates. A recent car insurance study revealed that drivers who routinely compared quotes saved on average $3,450 over four years compared to people who never compared prices.
If saving the most money on insurance in Indianapolis is your objective, then knowing how to shop and compare insurance rates can help simplify the process.
The best way to find better pricing on Pontiac G6 insurance is to start doing a yearly price comparison from providers in Indianapolis. Rate comparisons can be done by following these steps.
- First, try to learn about how your policy works and the factors you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that cause high rates such as accidents, traffic tickets, and your credit history can be eliminated by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Second, request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can quote prices from multiple companies.
- Third, compare the price quotes to your existing coverage to determine if you can save on G6 insurance. If you can save some money and decide to switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Fourth, tell your current company to cancel the current policy. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to the new insurer. Immediately put the certificate of insurance in your glove compartment.
A crucial key to this process is that you use the same deductibles and limits on every quote and and to get prices from every company you can. This provides the most accurate price comparison and the best price quote selection.
If you have a policy now or just want cheaper coverage, you can use these tips to find better prices without reducing protection. This article will familiarize you with the best methods to compare rates and how you can save the most money. Smart shoppers just have to learn how to compare insurance rates using one simple form.
Save with these discounts on Pontiac G6 insurance in Indianapolis
Some insurers do not list the complete list of policy discounts very well, so the following is a list of some of the more common and also the more inconspicuous auto insurance savings. If you aren’t receiving every discount possible, you may be paying too high a price.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Some companies give a lower rate if you buy life insurance from them.
- Military Discounts – Being deployed with a military unit could mean lower premium rates.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you can combine your auto and home policy and insure them with the same company you may earn at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Passive Restraints – Factory options such as air bags or motorized seat belts can receive discounts as much as 30%.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save a little off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Student Driver Training – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to successfully complete driver’s ed class in high school.
- Anti-theft System – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles prevent vehicle theft and will save you 10% or more on G6 insurance in Indianapolis.
Don’t be surprised that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like you can get free auto insurance, companies don’t profit that way. But any discount will positively reduce your policy premiums.
The chart below shows the difference between Pontiac G6 insurance prices with and without some available policy discounts. The rate quotes are based on a male driver, no violations or claims, Indiana state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, multi-car, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, and marriage discounts applied.
Popular auto insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts include:
- Travelers discounts include IntelliDrive, payment discounts, student away at school, new car, continuous insurance, and multi-car.
- 21st Century may include discounts for theft prevention, anti-lock brakes, air bags, defensive driver, teen driver, and automatic seat belts.
- State Farm may offer discounts for accident-free, good student, defensive driving training, multiple policy, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- GEICO may have discounts that include seat belt use, emergency military deployment, good student, five-year accident-free, membership and employees, multi-vehicle, and anti-lock brakes.
- SAFECO offers discounts for drive less, multi-car, safe driver, anti-lock brakes, teen safe driver, anti-theft, and homeowner.
- AAA offers discounts including multi-car, AAA membership discount, pay-in-full, multi-policy, good student, and anti-theft.
It’s a good idea to ask each company the best way to save money. Some discounts listed above may not apply in Indianapolis.
How to buy Pontiac G6 insurance in Indianapolis, IN
The auto insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer free quotes in Indiana. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Insurance rate breakdown
The price information below outlines different coverage prices for Pontiac G6 models. Being aware of how insurance policy rates are determined can help drivers make smart buying decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|G6 4-Dr Sedan||$208||$414||$364||$22||$110||$1,118||$93|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Information does not factor in garaging location in Indianapolis which can alter coverage prices significantly.
Careless drivers pay higher rates
The example below illustrates how traffic citations and at-fault fender-benders raise Pontiac G6 premium costs for each different age category. The price estimates are based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Pontiac G6 liability-only versus full coverage
The example below shows the comparison of Pontiac G6 insurance costs with full coverage and liability only. The information is based on no claims or driving violations, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no policy discounts are applied.
When to drop comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no clear-cut rule for eliminating physical damage insurance, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Pontiac G6 claim settlement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company would pay you is $2,000 after paying your policy deductible. If you are paying in excess of $200 annually for full coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are some circumstances where dropping physical damage coverage is not in your best interest. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you are required to maintain full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Compare rates but buy from a local Indianapolis insurance agency
Many people just prefer to talk to an insurance agent and doing that can be a smart decision Insurance agents can help determine the best coverages and will help you if you have claims. A nice benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get the lowest rates and still choose a local agent. And buying from local agencies is important especially in Indianapolis.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), your information is emailed to companies in Indianapolis who will give competitive quotes for your coverage. There is no reason to leave your house because quoted prices will be sent to the email address you provide. In the event you want to quote rates for a specific company, just jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Exclusive agents vs. Independent agents
If you would like to find a good Indianapolis insurance agent, you should know the types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Agencies in Indianapolis can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either one can sell and service car insurance coverage, but it’s worth mentioning the difference in how they write coverage since it can impact which type of agent you select.
Agents that elect to be independent are not required to write business for one company so as a result can place your coverage through many companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they simply move the coverage in-house without you having to go to a different agency. When comparing car insurance prices, we recommend you get quotes from multiple independent agents to maximize your price options. Many write coverage with companies you’ve never heard of that many times have cheaper rates.
Listed below are independent insurance agents in Indianapolis that may be able to give competitive price quotes.
- Access Auto Insurance
2107 W Washington St – Indianapolis, IN 46222 – (317) 687-8807 – View Map
- Walker and Associates Insurance
360 Gradle Dr – Carmel, IN 46032 – (317) 848-4400 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Brelage Insurance Agency Inc
5451 Emerson Way – Indianapolis, IN 46226 – (317) 591-2660 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents normally can only provide a single company’s rates such as Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. These agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Consumers often use the same agent partially due to the brand name and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
The following are Indianapolis exclusive insurance agents who can help you get price quotes.
- Jim Grounds – State Farm Insurance Agent
4745 Statesmen Dr d – Indianapolis, IN 46250 – (317) 842-6807 – View Map
- Leland Brown Sr. – State Farm Insurance Agent
5936 N Keystone Ave #201 – Indianapolis, IN 46220 – (317) 251-1400 – View Map
- Tia Walker – State Farm Insurance Agent
2169 Glebe St #100a – Carmel, IN 46032 – (317) 890-1200 – View Map
Choosing the best insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price quote. Any agent in Indianapolis should have no problem answering these questions:
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Indianapolis?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
Upon getting answers to your satisfaction for all questions you ask as well as offering an affordable quote, you’ve probably found an insurance agent that will properly service your car insurance policy.
Don’t give up on cheaper premiums
As you restructure your insurance plan, don’t be tempted to buy poor coverage just to save money. There are a lot of situations where drivers have reduced liability coverage limits only to regret at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your goal should be to buy enough coverage at an affordable rate and still be able to protect your assets.
We’ve covered a lot of information how to find cheaper Pontiac G6 insurance in Indianapolis. The key thing to remember is the more you quote Indianapolis car insurance, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the best prices are with a small mutual company.
People switch companies for any number of reasons including not issuing a premium refund, extreme rates for teen drivers, policy non-renewal and denial of a claim. It doesn’t matter what your reason, switching companies is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
For more information, take a look at the following helpful articles:
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- Who Has Cheap Indianapolis Auto Insurance Quotes for Teenage Females? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Cheap Auto Insurance in Indiana? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Teenagers in Indianapolis? (FAQ)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)