Shockingly, over 70% of consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and nearly half have never shopped around. American consumers could save 47% every year just by shopping around, but they mistakenly think it’s difficult to compare rates and save money.
The recommended way to get discount Saab 9-3 insurance is to start comparing rates regularly from different companies that insure vehicles in Indianapolis.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about car insurance and the measures you can control to keep rates low. Many risk factors that cause high rates like high-risk driving behaviors and a negative credit rating can be amended by paying attention to minor details. This article provides the details to prevent high rates and find more discounts that you may not know about.
- Request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide prices for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available in Indianapolis. If you find better rates, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Tell your current agent or company of your intent to cancel your existing policy and submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application for the new coverage. Once the application is submitted, keep your new proof of insurance paperwork along with your vehicle registration.
One key aspect when comparing rates is that you’ll want to compare the same liability limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to look at as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this helps ensure a fair rate comparison and the best rate selection.
Affordable Saab insurance rates in Indianapolis
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Indiana. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you get rates from several of them to get the lowest price.
Rates and statistics
The information shown below showcases different insurance costs for Saab 9-3 models. Having a better understanding of how insurance rates are figured helps drivers make informed decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|9-3 2.0T 4-Dr Sedan||$152||$270||$238||$14||$72||$746||$62|
|9-3 2.0T Station Wagon||$152||$270||$238||$14||$72||$746||$62|
|9-3 2.0T XWD 4-Dr Sedan||$152||$270||$238||$14||$72||$746||$62|
|9-3 Aero 4-Dr Sedan||$168||$312||$238||$14||$72||$804||$67|
|9-3 2.0T 2-Dr Convertible||$168||$312||$280||$16||$84||$860||$72|
|9-3 2.0T XWD Station Wagon||$168||$312||$238||$14||$72||$804||$67|
|9-3 Aero Station Wagon||$168||$312||$238||$14||$72||$804||$67|
|9-3 Aero XWD 4-Dr Sedan||$168||$312||$238||$14||$72||$804||$67|
|9-3 Aero 2-Dr Convertible||$186||$352||$280||$16||$84||$918||$77|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Estimates do not factor in Indianapolis location which can affect premiums considerably.
Comparison of full coverage and liability-only policies
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Saab 9-3 car insurance rates when comparing full coverage to liability only. Data assumes no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to stop buying physical damage coverage
There is no definitive formula of when to drop comp and collision coverage, but there is a general school of thought. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is about 10% or more of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Saab 9-3 replacement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, you would only receive $8,000 after you pay the deductible. If premiums are more than $800 a year for full coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are some conditions where dropping physical damage coverage is not financially feasible. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest in the vehicle. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not remove full coverage.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don’t list all available discounts very clearly, so here is a list a few of the more well known as well as the least known discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Indianapolis car insurance online.
- Accident Waiver – Not a discount per se, but some insurance companies permit an accident before raising your premiums as long as you don’t have any claims for a specific time period.
- Full Payment Discount – If you can afford to pay the entire bill rather than paying in monthly installments you may reduce your total bill.
- Good Students Pay Less – A discount for being a good student may save as much as 25% on a Indianapolis car insurance quote. Many companies even apply the discount to college students until age 25.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices can help prevent theft and will qualify for a discount on a Indianapolis car insurance quote.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save a little on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Senior Citizens – Drivers over the age of 55 may receive a slight reduction on a Indianapolis car insurance quote.
As a footnote on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Despite the appearance that adding up those discounts means a free policy, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
The information below shows the difference between Saab 9-3 insurance costs with and without discounts. Data assumes a female driver, no claims or violations, Indiana state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, safe-driver, marriage, homeowner, claim-free, and multi-policy discounts applied.
Large car insurance companies and a selection of discounts are included below.
- GEICO discounts include multi-vehicle, defensive driver, five-year accident-free, seat belt use, air bags, and membership and employees.
- USAA may include discounts for driver training, family discount, multi-vehicle, loyalty savings, and good student.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for multi-vehicle, good student, online quote discount, homeowner, online signing, and continuous coverage.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including bundled insurance, good student, multi-vehicle, mySafetyValet, TimeAway discount, and defensive driver.
- Esurance has discounts for good driver, defensive driver, Switch & Save, anti-theft, and renters.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for electronic funds transfer, alternative fuel, good student, homeowner, and bundle discounts.
- State Farm may offer discounts for student away at school, multiple autos, driver’s education, good student, passive restraint, good driver, and anti-theft.
When getting a coverage quote, ask every prospective company to apply every possible discount. Discounts might not be offered on policies in Indianapolis. If you would like to see a list of insurers that offer discounts in Indianapolis, click here to view.
You may need specialized auto insurance coverage
Always keep in mind that when comparing adequate coverage, there really isn’t a single plan that fits everyone. Your situation is unique.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining if you might need professional guidance.
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- What is no-fault insurance?
- Can I insure my car for more than it’s worth?
- What is the ISO rating for a Saab 9-3?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- Do they offer discounts for home and auto coverage?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form.
Compare rates but still have a local Indianapolis insurance agency
Some people just prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and often times that is recommended The best thing about price shopping on the web is you may find lower rates and also buy local. And supporting small agencies is still important in Indianapolis.
By using this quick form, your coverage information is immediately sent to companies in Indianapolis who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t need to find an agent since price quotes are sent to you. You can find lower rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you wish to get a rate quote from a specific company, just search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
The type of car insurance agent you choose is important
If you need to find a reliable insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agencies and how they work. Auto insurance agents in Indianapolis may be either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents do not write with just one company so as a result can place your coverage through many different auto insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. To move your coverage to a new company, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you don’t have to do anything.
When searching for an agent, it’s a good idea to get quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to get the best comparison.
Below is a partial list of independent agencies in Indianapolis that can possibly get you competitive price quotes.
Burns Insurance Agency – Commercial, Personal and Transportation Insurance Specialists
1433 N Meridian St – Indianapolis, IN 46202 – (317) 377-1100 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive can usually just insure with one company and examples are Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. They are unable to shop your coverage around so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Below are exclusive agents in Indianapolis willing to provide price quotes.
Selecting an insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a cheap price quote. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
How much can you save?
Some car insurance companies do not provide online quoting and these smaller companies work with local independent agencies. More affordable car insurance in Indianapolis is available both online and also from your neighborhood Indianapolis agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best selection.
When you buy Indianapolis car insurance online, it’s very important that you do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many situations where drivers have reduced liability coverage limits only to regret at claim time that it was a big mistake. Your goal should be to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
You just learned some good ideas how to find cheap Saab 9-3 insurance in Indianapolis. The key thing to remember is the more you quote Indianapolis car insurance, the better chance you’ll have of finding the cheapest Saab 9-3 rate quotes. Drivers may even discover the most savings is with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Indianapolis Auto Insurance for Drivers Over Age 50? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for a Subaru Outback in Indianapolis? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Unemployed Drivers in Indianapolis? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes After a Speeding Ticket in Indianapolis? (FAQ)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)