Things would sure be easy if we could tell you the company that has the best car insurance rates in Indiana. That is not the case, however, as there are a lot of unknown factors such as what coverage limits you need, whether you just need liability insurance, if you have any tickets or accidents, and whether you are male or female, that all impact the cost of your policy. This article should teach you a little about the best ways to shop for cheaper coverage and will give you a good beginning to your quest for cheaper car insurance.
For senior citizens, one of the largest considerations that help determine car insurance rates is the neighborhood you call home. Cities with larger populations tend to have more expensive car insurance rates, whereas more rural areas have the enjoyment of a little cheaper coverage.
The information below rates the most expensive places in Indiana for seniors in which to purchase auto insurance. Indianapolis comes in at #5 costing $1,060 for the average insured, which is approximately $88 each month.
|Find Cheaper Rates Go|
Rate quotes are comparative as the specific Indianapolis residence address can modify coverage prices substantially.
The vehicle needing coverage is probably the largest consideration when shopping for cheaper auto insurance for seniors. Vehicles with lower performance, modern passenger safety features, or a low likelihood of liability claims will cost quite a bit less to insure than high performance models.
The next list illustrates coverage premiums for some of the most budget-friendly vehicles to insure in Indiana.
|Make and Model||Estimated Cost for Full Coverage|
|Ford Escape XLS 4WD||$953|
|Honda CR-V LX 4WD||$961|
|Honda Accord EX-L 4-Dr Sedan||$1,035|
|Toyota Tacoma 4WD||$1,066|
|Ford Explorer XLT 4WD||$1,071|
|Dodge Grand Caravan SE||$1,066|
|Volkswagen Jetta SE 2.5 Station Wagon||$1,117|
|Chevrolet Equinox LT 2WD||$1,127|
|Chevrolet Malibu LS||$1,132|
|Toyota Camry LE||$1,127|
|Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 2WD||$1,136|
|Toyota RAV4 Limited 4WD||$1,127|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab ST 2WD||$1,148|
|Ford F-150 SVT Raptor Super Cab 4WD||$1,158|
|Get a Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents married male driver age 60, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Table data does not factor in specific Indianapolis, IN garaging location which can alter premiums greatly.
Looking at the data, you can see that makes and models like the Ford Escape, Honda CR-V, and Honda Accord are most likely to be the most budget-friendly vehicles to insure for senior citizens.
Which car insurance company is best in Indianapolis?
Finding the highest-rated insurer can be a challenge considering how many companies sell coverage in Indiana. The company information shown below can help you decide which coverage providers to look at when shopping your coverage around. These ratings are only comprised of companies that insure vehicles across America, so companies that have a smaller presence are not factored into this list.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Types of discounts on Indianapolis car insurance
Auto insurance companies that sell policies for seniors may additionally offer special discounts that can lower rates by 30% or more if you meet eligibility requirements. A list of companies and a selection of discounts include:
- State Farm has savings for driver’s education, anti-theft, student away at school, safe vehicle, defensive driving training, multiple autos, and accident-free.
- Progressive may include discounts for online quote discount, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, homeowner, good student, online signing, and multi-policy.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, homeowner, good student, online quote discount, online signing, and multi-policy.
- MetLife offers discounts including good student, multi-policy, claim-free, accident-free, and good driver.
- Farm Bureau has discounts for multi-policy, youthful driver, driver training, multi-vehicle, renewal discount, and safe driver.
- GEICO discounts include good student, seat belt use, emergency military deployment, driver training, military active duty, and federal employee.
- SAFECO may have discounts that include anti-lock brakes, accident prevention training, anti-theft, drive less, and teen safe driver.
The information below visualizes the comparison of insurance prices with and without some available policy discounts. The premiums are based on a female driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, Indiana state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $100 deductibles.
The first bar for each age group shows the price with no discounts. The second bar shows the rates with defensive driving course, safe-driver, accident-free, vehicle safety, multiple policy, and multiple vehicle discounts applied. When these discounts are applied to the policy premium, the average amount saved each year on car insurance for seniors is 29% or $442.
How to find low-cost car insurance for seniors
The list below summarizes some of the recommended thrifty solutions that can help drivers locate lower-cost coverage.
- Increase the comprehensive and collision deductibles on your policy
- Having too many claims will increase rates substantially
- Home or renters coverage can save on auto insurance
- Choose a safer vehicle and pay lower rates
- Full coverage is expensive so only insure older vehicles for liability only
- Good credit scores may make rates cheaper
- Compare price quotes at least once a year
The last tip is especially crucial, as we stressed in the article above. Prices charged by companies in Indianapolis vary considerably, so drivers shouldn’t be resistant to switch to a new company if a more affordable rate is found. Brand loyalty is great, but it’s not a good idea if that dedication is costing lots of money. If you have a few minutes, now is a great time to compare rates and find cheaper insurance for seniors.