It’s an obvious assumption that car insurance companies don’t want you quoting rates from other companies. Consumers who shop around for cheaper price quotes will, in all likelihood, switch companies because they stand a good chance of finding better rates. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that people who routinely shopped around saved as much as $865 a year compared to people who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding the lowest price on car insurance is the reason you’re here, then having a grasp of the best way to shop and compare car insurance can help you be more efficient.
It takes a little time, but the best way to get cheaper Isuzu Rodeo insurance is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from insurers in Indianapolis. You can compare rates by completing these steps.
- Get a basic knowledge of how your policy works and the things you can change to keep rates low. Many things that increase rates like getting speeding tickets and a negative credit rating can be eliminated by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide price quotes from many different companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find better rates and switch companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Tell your current company of your intention to cancel the current policy. Submit the signed application along with the required initial payment for your new coverage. Once the paperwork is finalized, keep the new proof of insurance paperwork with your vehicle’s registration.
One thing to point out is that you use similar limits and deductibles on each quote request and to quote with as many carriers as you can. Doing this guarantees a level playing field and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
Save money with these eight rate reducing discounts
Car insurance companies don’t always publicize every available discount very clearly, so we break down some of the more common as well as some of the hidden auto insurance savings. If you are not receiving all the discounts possible, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Passive Restraints – Factory options such as air bags could see savings of more than 20%.
- Bundle and Save – If you can bundle your home and auto insurance with one insurance company you may earn up to 20% off your total Rodeo insurance premium.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates compared to accident prone drivers.
- Claim Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay much less in comparison with policyholders that have many claims.
- Own a Home – Just owning your own home may earn you a small savings because maintaining a house shows financial diligence.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars and trucks that have steering control and anti-lock brakes are safer to drive and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them successfully take a driver’s education course in school.
- Federal Employees – Simply working for the federal government can save as much as 8% with select insurance companies.
A quick disclaimer, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So when the math indicates adding up those discounts means a free policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
A list of auto insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts can be found below.
- GEICO discounts include driver training, membership and employees, seat belt use, federal employee, and emergency military deployment.
- Travelers includes discounts for driver training, early quote, payment discounts, home ownership, multi-policy, and good student.
- Farm Bureau may have discounts that include safe driver, driver training, good student, renewal discount, multi-policy, and 55 and retired.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts including newly married, hybrid vehicle, newly retired, new move discount, multi-policy, and multi-car.
- American Family has savings for good driver, bundled insurance, TimeAway discount, good student, mySafetyValet, and defensive driver.
- Progressive offers discounts for good student, multi-policy, homeowner, online quote discount, continuous coverage, and online signing.
When getting a coverage quote, ask every prospective company how many discounts you can get. Some credits may not be available in your state.
Buy Indianapolis Isuzu Rodeo insurance online
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer quotes in Indiana. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you get rate quotes from several of them to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
Get rate quotes but buy from a local Indianapolis insurance agency
Many people still like to buy from a local agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Professional insurance agents are trained risk managers and help in the event of a claim. One of the benefits of getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get cheap car insurance quotes and still choose a local agent. And providing support for local insurance agencies is especially important in Indianapolis.
After completing this short form, your insurance coverage information is emailed to agents in your area who can give free rate quotes for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to leave your computer since price quotes are sent immediately to you. If you want to get a rate quote from a specific car insurance provider, you would need to jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Shown below is a list of insurers in Indianapolis that may be willing to give price quote information for Isuzu Rodeo insurance in Indianapolis.
- Adam Krockenberger – State Farm Insurance Agent
5685 Lafayette Rd #700 – Indianapolis, IN 46254 – (317) 387-9182 – View Map
- Bob Mercer – State Farm Insurance Agent
6437 Rucker Rd b – Indianapolis, IN 46220 – (317) 253-4300 – View Map
- Killion Insurance Agency
6316 W Thompson Rd – Indianapolis, IN 46221 – (317) 856-4550 – View Map
- Affordable Insurance Agency
10 S Mickley Ave – Indianapolis, IN 46241 – (317) 484-9195 – View Map
Picking an insurance company needs to be determined by more than just a cheap quote. These are valid questions to ask:
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
Upon getting good responses to any questions you may have and an acceptable price quote, you may have found an provider that meets the requirements to provide car insurance coverage.
Insurance is not optional in Indiana
Despite the high insurance cost for a Isuzu Rodeo in Indianapolis, insurance serves an important purpose.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Isuzu Rodeo has a lienholder, it’s most likely the lender will have a requirement that you have physical damage coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you let the policy lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Isuzu at a more expensive rate and force you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards both your Isuzu and your assets. It also can pay for most medical and hospital costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of buying insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially when you need to use it. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is overpaying over $855 a year so it’s recommended you shop around every year to ensure rates are inline.
Insurance coverages 101
Having a good grasp of insurance can help you determine the right coverages for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Liability car insurance
This can cover damage or injury you incur to people or other property that is your fault. It protects YOU against claims from other people. It does not cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show limits of 25/50/10 that means you have a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and a limit of $10,000 paid for damaged property. Another option is one number which is a combined single limit which limits claims to one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability insurance covers things such as pain and suffering, emergency aid, bail bonds, medical expenses and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but consider buying higher limits if possible. Indiana requires drivers to carry at least 25/50/10 but drivers should carry higher limits.
The chart below demonstrates why the minimum limit may not be high enough to cover claims.
Medical costs insurance
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for immediate expenses for ambulance fees, surgery, funeral costs and EMT expenses. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. It covers all vehicle occupants as well as being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal Injury Protection is not available in all states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like hail damage, damage from a tornado or hurricane, hitting a bird, hitting a deer and theft. The maximum payout your insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider dropping full coverage.
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Due to the fact that many Indiana drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (Indiana limits are 25/50/10), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is a good idea. Normally the UM/UIM limits are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Auto collision coverage
Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your Rodeo resulting from a collision with an object or car. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers things like colliding with another moving vehicle, scraping a guard rail, colliding with a tree and crashing into a ditch. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible on your Rodeo to save money on collision insurance.
Cheap insurance rates are out there
Some insurance companies may not offer online price quotes and many times these regional carriers prefer to sell through independent insurance agents. Lower-priced Isuzu Rodeo insurance in Indianapolis can be purchased online in addition to local insurance agencies, so you should compare both to have the best selection.
When searching for inexpensive Indianapolis auto insurance quotes, you should never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are many occasions where an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage only to regret that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your strategy should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the best price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Drivers who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including poor customer service, questionable increases in premium, policy non-renewal and delays in responding to claim requests. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a new insurance company is less work than it seems.
More tips and info about insurance can be read by following these links:
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Good Drivers in Indianapolis? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Indianapolis? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers with Accidents in Indianapolis? (FAQ)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)