If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to find cheaper quotes for auto insurance rates is to start comparing prices regularly from different companies who can sell car insurance in Indianapolis. Rate comparisons can be done by completing these steps.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about how companies set rates and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that result in higher prices like traffic violations and a less-than-favorable credit history can be remedied by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote prices for a wide range of insurance providers. Compare rates now
- Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you can save money and switch companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Notify your company or agent to cancel your existing policy and submit a completed application and payment to your new company or agent. Once the paperwork is finalized, put the proof of insurance certificate with your registration paperwork.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to use identical deductibles and limits on each quote and and to compare every insurance company. This helps ensure a fair rate comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
It’s safe to conclude that car insurance companies don’t want customers comparing rates. Consumers who shop for lower prices are highly likely to buy a new policy because they stand a good chance of finding a policy with more affordable rates. A recent survey discovered that drivers who make a habit of shopping around saved about $3,400 over four years compared to people who never compared prices.
If finding the lowest price on car insurance is the reason you’re here, then knowing how to quote prices and compare coverages can help you succeed in finding affordable rates.
Shopping for the lowest cost auto insurance in Indianapolis is not as hard as you may think. If you are insured now or just want cheaper rates, use these techniques to get lower rates without having to cut coverage. Drivers just need to know the best way to compare prices using one simple form.
The providers in the list below offer price comparisons in Indiana. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Lower your car insurance rates with discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you may qualify for discounts that you may not know about. Certain credits will be shown when you complete an application, but once in a while a discount must be manually applied before you get the savings.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars and trucks equipped with ABS or steering control can reduce accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Senior Citizen Rates – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you are able to get a discount up to 10%.
- No Claims – Claim-free drivers have much lower rates when compared with insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle up before driving could save 15% on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Active or retired federal employment may qualify for a discount when you quote Indianapolis auto insurance depending on your car insurance provider.
- Active Military Service – Being deployed in the military could qualify you for better rates.
- Defensive Driver – Participating in a course that instructs on driving safety is a good idea and can lower rates if you qualify.
As a footnote on discounts, many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Just because it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, it just doesn’t work that way.
A few companies that may have these discounts are:
If you need low cost Indianapolis auto insurance quotes, ask each company what discounts are available to you. Some discounts listed above might not be offered everywhere.
Compare rate quotes but still have a local Indianapolis insurance agency
Many people would prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that can be a great decision Professional insurance agents will help you protect your assets and help you file claims. A good thing about price shopping on the web is that you can obtain lower rates and still have an agent to talk to. And buying from small agencies is important especially in Indianapolis.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, your coverage information is submitted to companies in Indianapolis who will give competitive quotes to get your business. You don’t have to visit any agencies due to the fact that quote results will go straight to your inbox. If you want to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance provider, you can always jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
If you want to use a reliable agent, you should know the types of insurance agents and how they work. Insurance agents are categorized either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either type can sell affordable insurance policies, but it’s important to point out the differences because it can impact which type of agent you select.
Independent Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agents do not sell for just one brand and that is an advantage because they can write policies with an assortment of companies and get you the best rates possible. If they find a lower price, they simply move your policy to a different company which makes it simple for you. If you need cheaper insurance rates, you will want to get several quotes from a couple of independent agencies to have the best price comparison. Most can insure with small regional insurance companies which may provide better rates.
Featured below are Indianapolis independent agencies that may be able to give rate quotes.
- Dalessandro Agency Inc.
4255 Lafayette Rd – Indianapolis, IN 46254 – (317) 290-2055 – View Map
- Owens Insurance Agency
N Alabama St #350 – Indianapolis, IN 46204 – (317) 572-8080 – View Map
- A-1 Insurance Agency
2929 E 96th St Suite A. – Indianapolis, IN 46240 – (317) 844-3049 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies can only provide pricing for a single company and some examples include AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. They usually cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive insurance agents are trained well on their products and sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Some insured continue to choose to use an exclusive agent partially due to the prominent brand name and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agents in Indianapolis willing to provide rate quotes.
- Jim Grounds – State Farm Insurance Agent
4745 Statesmen Dr d – Indianapolis, IN 46250 – (317) 842-6807 – View Map
- GEICO Insurance Agent
3837 N High School Rd Suite 10 – Indianapolis, IN 46254 – (317) 216-0932 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Scott Verbarg
6120 E Thompson Rd Ste B – Indianapolis, IN 46237 – (317) 802-1550 – View Map
Finding the right car insurance agent should depend on more than just a low price. The following questions are important to ask.
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
You may need specialized car insurance coverage
Always keep in mind that when comparing proper insurance coverage, there really isn’t a one-size-fits-all type of policy. You are unique and your car insurance should unique, too.
These are some specific questions can help discover if you could use an agent’s help.
- Should I buy full coverage?
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
- Do I need special coverage while pulling a rented trailer?
- What does roadside assistance cover?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my Chevy Cavalier is totaled?
- Is other people’s property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
- What is glass protection for?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in Indiana?
If you can’t answer these questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
Six Tips to Get Lower-cost Indianapolis Insurance Prices
When buying insurance it’s important to understand a few of the rating criteria that come into play when calculating insurance rates. If you have a feel for what influences your rates, this enables informed choices that can earn you big savings. Many different elements are used in the calculation when premium rates are determined. Most are fairly basic such as your driving record, but other criteria are less apparent like where you live and annual miles driven.
Where you reside – Choosing to live in areas with lower population may provide you with better prices when shopping for auto insurance. People in densely populated areas tend to have more auto accidents and higher rates of accident claims. Fewer drivers and short commutes translates into fewer accident claims as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
Lower coverage deductibles cost more – Your deductibles represent how much money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if a covered claim is submitted. Physical damage insurance, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, insures against damage to your car. Some examples of covered claims are collision with another vehicle, damage caused by hail, and damage from wind. The larger the amount the insured is willing to pay, the lower your rates will be.
Policy add-ons may not be needed – Insurance companies have many extra add-on coverages that may not really be needed on your Cavalier policy. Coverages like replacement cost coverage, death and dismemberment, and additional equipment coverage are some examples. The coverages may be enticing initially, but your needs may have changed so remove them from your policy.
More performance means more cost – The type of car you own makes a huge difference in how high your rates are. Low performance passenger cars normally have pretty low rates, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
Proper usage rating affects costs – Driving a lot of miles in a year the more it will cost to insure it. Many insurance companies calculate prices based on how the vehicle is used. Cars that do not get driven very much can get a lower rate than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Double check that your policy states the correct usage, because it can save money. An incorrectly rated Cavalier can result in significantly higher rates.
Car plus home equals more savings – Some insurers apply a discount to clients that purchase more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. Discounts can be ten or even fifteen percent. If you currently are using one company, consumers should still comparison shop to verify if the discount is saving money. Consumers may save even more than the discount by insuring with multiple companies.
Choosing Chevy vehicle insurance is an important decision
Even though it can be expensive, insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Chevy with a loan, almost every bank will make it mandatory that you buy insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Chevy for a much higher rate and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance preserves not only your Chevy but also your financial assets. It will also pay for most medical and hospital costs that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you cause an accident and are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying enough insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially if you ever need it. According to a recent study, the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $865 each year so you should quote your policy with other companies at every policy renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Cover all your bases
Cheaper auto insurance in Indianapolis is available both online in addition to local insurance agencies, so you need to shop Indianapolis auto insurance with both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies do not offer the ability to get a quote online and usually these small insurance companies provide coverage only through independent agents.
We covered many tips how you can shop for Chevy Cavalier insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding cheaper Indianapolis auto insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from some of the smallest insurance companies. These smaller insurers can often provide lower car insurance rates in certain areas than their larger competitors like Progressive or GEICO.
More information can be found below:
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Dodge Ram in Indianapolis? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Ride Shares in Indianapolis? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with Good Credit in Indianapolis? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)