Really, the only way to get low-cost Chevy Cruze insurance in Indianapolis is to compare quotes once a year from different companies who can sell car insurance in Indiana. Prices can be compared by following these guidelines.
- Try to learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the things you can control to keep rates down. Many rating factors that result in higher rates like distracted driving and your credit history can be remedied by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Later in this article we will cover information to prevent high prices and find discounts that may have been missed.
- Request price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote prices from multiple companies.
- Compare the new rates to the price on your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate in Indianapolis. If you find better rates and make a switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide adequate notice to your current company to cancel your current policy and submit a completed policy application and payment to the new company. As soon as you can, keep the new proof of insurance paperwork with your vehicle’s registration.
A crucial key to this process is to make sure you’re comparing similar coverage information on each price quote and and to get rate quotes from every insurance company. This provides an accurate price comparison and a thorough price selection.
It’s a fact that car insurance companies don’t want you to look at other companies. People who get price comparisons will probably buy a different policy because they stand a good chance of finding a lower-cost company. A recent survey revealed that people who regularly compared price quotes saved approximately $3,500 over four years compared to other drivers who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding the lowest price for Chevy Cruze insurance in Indianapolis is the reason you’re here, then understanding how to quote prices and compare insurance coverage can make it easier to find better rates.
The most recommended method to compare policy rates for Chevy Cruze insurance in Indianapolis is to realize car insurance companies pay for the opportunity to compare rate quotes. To get started, all you need to do is provide information such as if it has an anti-theft system, your education level, driver details, and how much coverage you want. Those rating factors is sent automatically to multiple top-rated companies and they respond with quotes immediately.
To check rates for your Chevy Cruze now, click here and enter your zip code.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide quotes in Indianapolis, IN. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you get rate quotes from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Insuring your Chevy Cruze just makes sense
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Indianapolis, insuring your vehicle is a good idea for several reasons.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability protection if you want to drive legally. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Chevy has a loan, almost every bank will have a requirement that you carry insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank will be required to insure your Chevy at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards both your car and your personal assets. Insurance will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. Today the average American driver overpays as much as $855 a year so compare quotes from several companies once a year at a minimum to make sure the price is not too high.
Learn How to Find Auto Insurance Cheaper
Many different elements are used in the calculation when quoting car insurance. Some are obvious such as traffic violations, although some other factors are less apparent such as whether you are married or how safe your car is.
Low mileage costs less – The more miles you rack up on your Chevy in a year’s time the higher your rate. Many insurance companies calculate rates based upon how you use the vehicle. Autos that are left in the garage cost less to insure than those used for commuting. A policy that improperly rates your Cruze can cost quite a bit. It’s a good idea to make sure your auto insurance declarations sheet properly reflects annual mileage.
Get a ticket, pay higher prices – Having a single driving citation could increase your next policy renewal twenty percent or more. Attentive drivers pay less for auto insurance than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers with severe violations such as reckless driving or DUI are required to complete a SR-22 with the DMV in their state in order to keep their license.
Add-on coverages push up premiums – There are a lot of extra bells and whistles you can purchase on your Cruze policy. Add-on coverages like replacement cost coverage, accident forgiveness, and Farm Bureau memberships could be just wasting money. They may seem like a good idea when you first buy your policy, but if you have no use for them consider taking them off your policy.
Your age impacts your premiums – Older insureds tend to be more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets. Teen drivers have a tendency to be careless and easily distracted with other occupants in the car so auto insurance rates are higher.
An active auto insurance claims history can cost you more – Auto insurance companies in Indiana generally give cheaper rates to drivers who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you file claims often, you can pretty much guarantee either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Insurance coverage is designed for more catastrophic claims.
Raising coverage deductibles lowers rates – The deductibles state the amount of money you are willing to pay if you file a covered claim. Physical damage coverage, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, insures against damage to your car. Examples of covered claims could be a windshield broken by a bird, damage from fire, and damage from wind. The more expense the insured is willing to pay, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
Low credit rating equals high costs – Your credit score is likely to be a major factor in determining what you pay for auto insurance. Insureds that have very good credit scores tend to be more responsible than those with lower credit scores. Therefore, if your credit history is not that good, you could save money insuring your Chevrolet Cruze by taking the time to improve your credit score.
Chevy Cruze claim probability – Insurance companies analyze claim trends for every vehicle to help calculate premium costs. Vehicles that the data determines to have increased claim numbers or amounts will cost more for specific coverages. The data below shows the actual insurance loss data for Chevy Cruze vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles as a whole is a value of 100. Percentages below 100 indicate better than average losses, while values that are 100 or greater indicate frequent claims or an increased chance of a larger loss.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Keep this in mind when shopping around
When searching for low cost Indianapolis car insurance quotes, it’s a bad idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many cases where drivers have reduced physical damage coverage only to discover later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The goal is to buy enough coverage at the lowest possible cost, not the least amount of coverage.
We just covered many ways to reduce Chevy Cruze insurance premium rates online in Indianapolis. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting inexpensive Indianapolis car insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest premium rates are with an unexpected company. Regional companies may only write in your state and offer lower prices than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Indianapolis Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Active Military in Indianapolis? (FAQ)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)