It’s astonishing, but a large majority of drivers in Indiana kept their policy with the same company for over three years, and nearly half have never shopped around. Consumers in the United States can cut their rates by roughly $850 a year just by comparing rates, but they don’t believe the big savings they would realize if they moved their coverage to a different company.
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get budget car insurance rates in Indianapolis is to compare prices regularly from insurers in Indiana. You can compare prices by following these guidelines.
- Get a basic knowledge of what coverages are included in your policy and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that result in higher prices such as high-risk driving behaviors and a poor credit rating can be remedied by making minor changes to your lifestyle. This article gives more ideas to help find cheaper rates and find additional discounts.
- Get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from multiple companies.
- Compare the quotes to your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save money and change companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
One important bit of advice is to make sure you enter similar deductibles and liability limits on each quote request and and to get rates from as many different companies as possible. Doing this enables an apples-to-apples comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
Eight Tips to Get Cheap Indianapolis Insurance Prices
Many factors are used in the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some of the criteria are obvious like your driving record, but others are more transparent such as your credit history or your financial responsibility.
- Lower stress equals lower rates – Did you know your auto insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Jobs like military personnel, social workers, and medical professionals tend to have higher average rates due to intense work-related stress and lots of time spent at work. On the other hand, jobs such as farmers, engineers and retirees receive lower rates.
- Theft deterrents systems cut premiums – Purchasing a vehicle that has an advanced theft prevention system can earn a premium discount. Advanced theft deterrents such as OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems all help stop your vehicle from being stolen.
- High credit score translates to low prices – Your credit score factor in determining your rates. Therefore, if your credit history can be improved, you may save money insuring your Chevrolet Spark EV by improving your rating. Insureds that have very good credit scores tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records as compared to drivers with bad credit.
- Married people drive safer – Getting married may save some money when shopping for auto insurance. Marriage demonstrates that you tend to be more financially stable and insurance companies reward insureds because drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
- Pay more out-of-pocket – The deductibles state the amount of money you are required to spend out-of-pocket if a covered claim is submitted. Insurance for physical damage, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, is used to repair damage to your car. Examples of covered claims are collision with another vehicle, collision with a deer, and having a roll-over accident. The more expense you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the less money you will pay for auto insurance.
- Rate your vehicle for proper use – The higher the mileage driven in a year the more it will cost to insure it. A lot of insurance companies calculate prices partially by how you use the vehicle. Autos that are left in the garage receive lower rates than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Improper usage on your Spark EV can result in significantly higher rates. It’s a smart idea to ensure your auto insurance coverage states how each vehicle is driven.
- Better auto insurance rates on vehicles with better crash test results – Vehicles with high crash test scores cost less to insure. Vehicles engineered for safety protect occupants better and lower injury rates means less money paid by your insurance company which can mean better rates for you.
- Extra policy coverages are wasting money – There are quite a few optional add-on coverages that you can get tricked into buying but may not be useful. Insurance for things like coverage for rental cars, accidental death, and motor club memberships are examples of these. These may sound like a good investment when you first buy your policy, but if you don’t need them eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
Get cheaper Chevy Spark EV insurance rates in Indianapolis
Companies offering auto insurance do not list every policy discount in an easy-to-find place, so here is a list a few of the more well known and the harder-to-find credits that you can use to lower your rates. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you deserve, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying coverage for multiple cars with the same auto insurance company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being on active deployment in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same company you could save at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Senior Citizens – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may be able to get reduced rates.
- Life Insurance Discount – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a small discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking a class that teaches defensive driving techniques may get you a small discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
Keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy. But all discounts should help reduce your premiums.
If you would like to choose from a list of providers who offer cheap Chevy Spark EV insurance quotes in Indianapolis in Indianapolis, click this link.
Quote more and you will save more
You just learned a lot of ways to shop for Chevy Spark EV insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers may even find the lowest prices come from a lesser-known regional company. Smaller companies may cover specific market segments cheaper than their larger competitors like State Farm or Progressive.
Cheap Chevy Spark EV insurance in Indianapolis can be purchased from both online companies and from local insurance agents, so you need to shop Indianapolis auto insurance with both to have the best rate selection. Some companies may not offer internet price quotes and usually these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through independent insurance agents.
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Nurses in Indianapolis? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Used Cars in Indianapolis? (FAQ)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)