It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get more affordable Chevy Volt insurance in Indianapolis is to compare prices once a year from providers who can sell car insurance in Indiana.
- Step 1: Spend a few minutes and learn about the different coverages in a policy and the measures you can control to prevent high rates. Many rating criteria that increase rates like your driving record and a not-so-good credit history can be controlled by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Step 2: Compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote rates from multiple insurance companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save some money and buy the policy, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Notify your current company to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit payment and a completed application to your new insurance company. Immediately upon receiving it, put the new certificate of insurance with your vehicle’s registration.
A good tip to remember is to compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get price quotes from as many companies as you can. Doing this ensures a fair price comparison and maximum price selection.
It’s a fact that insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. Consumers who get comparison quotes once a year will probably buy a new policy because of the high probability of finding lower rate quotes. A recent car insurance study discovered that drivers who routinely shopped for cheaper coverage saved on average $860 a year compared to policyholders who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding low prices for auto insurance is the reason you’re here, then having a good understanding how to get rate quotes and compare auto insurance can make it easier for you to save money.
Buying the cheapest insurance in Indianapolis can be made easier if you know where to look. If you have coverage now or are shopping for new coverage, you can learn to cut your premiums while maximizing coverage. Drivers just have to learn the most efficient way to compare different rates using one simple form.
Cutting your car insurance rates is not a difficult process. The only requirement is to spend a few minutes comparing rate quotes online from several insurance companies.
The auto insurance companies shown below provide free rate quotes in Indianapolis, IN. If multiple providers are shown, it’s highly recommended you get rate quotes from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Insurance does more than just repair your car
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Indianapolis, maintaining insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability insurance in order to license the vehicle. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Volt has a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will force you to have full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you let the policy lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Chevy at a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them for it.
- Insurance protects not only your Chevy but also your assets. It will also reimburse you for medical bills that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense in the event you are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is currently overpaying as much as $850 per year so you should quote and compare rates once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are competitive.
Cheap Chevy Volt insurance quotes in Indianapolis
Some providers don’t always publicize every discount they offer in a way that’s easy to find, so we took the time to find both the well known and the harder-to-find credits available to bring down your rates.
- Membership in Organizations – Being a member of qualifying employment or professional organizations may earn a discount when getting a Indianapolis car insurance quote.
- Good Grades Discount – Excelling in school can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up to age 25.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you can bundle your homeowners and auto insurance with one company you could save up to 20% off your total Volt insurance premium.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking time to complete a course in defensive driving is a good idea and can lower rates if you qualify.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are stolen less frequently and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Indianapolis Homeowners Discount – Owning a house in Indianapolis can save a few bucks due to the fact that maintaining a home shows financial diligence.
- Paperless Signup – A handful of insurance companies provide a small discount for completing your application on the web.
- Multi-line Discount – Not all auto insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a break if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Telematics Data – Indianapolis drivers who agree to allow their auto insurance company to study when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematics device such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive might get better premium rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
As is typical with insurance, most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So when the math indicates you can get free auto insurance, it just doesn’t work that way.
Larger auto insurance companies and a selection of discounts are outlined below.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including military active duty, anti-theft, federal employee, air bags, five-year accident-free, and driver training.
- Travelers has savings for home ownership, student away at school, multi-car, good student, continuous insurance, and payment discounts.
- Farm Bureau may have discounts that include safe driver, renewal discount, driver training, good student, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
- Liberty Mutual discounts include preferred payment discount, newly retired, safety features, new move discount, good student, and multi-car.
- American Family includes discounts for accident-free, TimeAway discount, multi-vehicle, mySafetyValet, and air bags.
- Progressive may include discounts for homeowner, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, multi-policy, and good student.
If you need lower rates, check with every prospective company which discounts they offer. A few discounts might not be offered in your state. To see a list of insurers with the best Chevy Volt insurance discounts in Indiana, click this link.
Car insurance agents are professional risk managers
Certain consumers would prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is a smart decision Agents can point out coverage gaps and help file insurance claims. One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is you can get cheap rate quotes and still choose a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your insurance data gets sent to local insurance agents who will return price quotes for your business. You don’t have to search for any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go to the email address you provide. If you wish to compare prices from a specific insurance provider, you can always jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Finding a good insurance company is decision based upon more than just a cheap price quote. Here are some questions to ask:
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
Exclusive and independent Indianapolis car insurance agents
If you want to use a reliable insurance agency, you must know there are a couple types of insurance agents from which to choose. Insurance agencies can either be exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either can sell insurance policies, but it’s important to point out the subtle differences because it can factor into your agent selection.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents are contracted to one company such as Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive insurance agents are very knowledgeable on their company’s products which can be an advantage. Consumers often choose to use a exclusive agent primarily because of the prominence of the brand and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
The following is a list of exclusive agents in Indianapolis that can give you rate quotes.
- Sarah Holtrup – State Farm Insurance Agent
1480 W Southport Rd c – Indianapolis, IN 46217 – (317) 888-5200 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Sarah Franke
916 Shadeland Ave – Indianapolis, IN 46219 – (317) 359-8271 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Brian Ciesil
1398 Shadeland Ave Ste 2233 – Indianapolis, IN 46219 – (317) 353-6225 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent can sell policies from many different companies so they can insure your vehicles with lots of companies and find the cheapest rate. If they find a lower price, your agent can switch companies and you won’t have to switch agencies. When comparing insurance rates, it’s a good idea to include rate quotes from several independent agencies to get the best comparison. Most also have access to lesser-known insurance companies which may have better rates.
Listed below are independent insurance agencies in Indianapolis willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Walker and Associates Insurance
360 Gradle Dr – Carmel, IN 46032 – (317) 848-4400 – View Map
- Jensen Ford Insurance
8000 S Meridian St – Indianapolis, IN 46217 – (317) 888-6007 – View Map
- Skaggs Insurance Agencies Inc
5519 E 82nd St e – Indianapolis, IN 46250 – (317) 841-6000 – View Map
Smart consumers save more
People switch companies for any number of reasons including high prices, extreme rates for teen drivers, delays in responding to claim requests or even delays in paying claims. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a new car insurance company can be less work than you think.
Some car insurance companies may not have internet price quotes and these small, regional companies sell through independent agents. Cost effective Chevy Volt insurance is definitely available both online in addition to many Indianapolis insurance agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s not a good idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. There are many occasions where an insured cut full coverage and found out when filing a claim they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The aim is to find the BEST coverage for the lowest cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Camry in Indianapolis? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Toyota Tacoma in Indianapolis? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with a DUI in Indianapolis? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes After a Speeding Ticket in Indianapolis? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Indianapolis Car Insurance Quotes for College Graduates? (FAQ)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Institute)