Finding budget Indianapolis Mercury Montego insurance quotes online might seem rather challenging for vehicle owners not familiar with comparison shopping over the internet. With such a large number of companies in the marketplace, how can vehicle owners have time to compare every possible option in order to find the best available price?
Unthinkable but true, most insurance buyers in Indiana have purchased from the same company for more than four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never taken the time to shop around. U.S. insurance shoppers could save approximately 47% every year just by comparing rates, but they don’t believe the large savings they would see if they bought a different policy.
You should make it a habit to compare prices quite often because insurance prices are usually higher with each renewal. Just because you had the best rate on Mercury Montego insurance in Indianapolis a couple years back other companies may now be cheaper. There is lot of inaccurate information about Montego insurance out there, but in this article, you’re going to get the best ways to buy insurance cheaper in Indianapolis.
Our objective in writing this article is to instruct you on how car insurance companies work and some money-saving tips. If you currently have auto insurance, you stand a good chance to be able to reduce premiums using the techniques presented in this article. Although Indiana car owners need to learn the way insurance companies sell online and take advantage of how the system works.
Eight Things That Influence Your Insurance Costs
An important part of buying insurance is that you know a few of the rating criteria that play a part in calculating your policy premiums. When you understand what determines base rates, this enables informed choices that will entitle you to lower rates. Multiple criteria are part of the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Some factors are common sense such as your driving record, although some other factors are less obvious such as whether you are married or your vehicle rating.
Listed below are just a few of the factors companies use to determine prices.
- When should you not file policy claims? – If you file claims often, you can pretty much guarantee either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Companies in Indiana generally give most affordable rates to policyholders who are claim-free. Insurance coverage is meant to be used in the event of larger claims.
- Insurance rates in urban areas – Having an address in areas with lower population has it’s advantages when buying car insurance. Less people living in that area means fewer accidents. People in densely populated areas have congested traffic and higher rates of accident claims. More time commuting translates into higher accident risk.
- Single vs. married – Having a wife or husband may cut your premiums compared to being single. Having a significant other is viewed as being less irresponsible and it’s proven that being married results in fewer claims.
- Insurance is expensive for teenage drivers – Older drivers are shown to be more cautious, cost insurance companies less in claims, and receive fewer citations. Youthful drivers are statistically shown to get distracted easily when at the wheel of a vehicle so they pay higher car insurance rates.
- Does car insurance cost less for women? – Over the last 30 years, statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. Now that doesn’t mean men are WORSE drivers than women. Men and women cause auto accidents in similar percentages, but the males get into accidents with more damage. Men also statistically receive more costly citations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly.
- Fast cars cost more to insure – The make and model of the car you own makes a big difference in determining your rates. The lowest rates are generally reserved for lower performance four cylinder passenger vehicles, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
- Poor driving leads to higher rates – Whether or not you get tickets has a huge affect on how much you pay. Having a single ticket could increase your next policy renewal by twenty percent. Good drivers get better prices than people who have multiple driving citations. People who have severe violations like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may find that they have to to prove financial responsibility to the state department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive.
- Do you qualify for a multi-policy discount? – The majority of insurance companies will give lower prices to policyholders who consolidate policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you’re getting this discount you still need to check prices from other companies to help guarantee you have the best rates. Drivers may still save money by splitting coverages up.
Discounts can help lower rates on Mercury Montego insurance in Indianapolis
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but companies offer discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Some discounts will apply at quote time, but a few need to be requested specifically prior to receiving the credit.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Insuring a new Montego can save you some money compared to insuring an older model.
- Resident Student – Any of your kids who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Indianapolis and do not have access to a covered vehicle may qualify for this discount.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags may qualify for discounts of up to 25% or more.
- No Claims – Drivers who don’t have accidents can save substantially as compared to bad drivers.
- Senior Citizens – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may be able to get reduced rates.
- Driving Data Discount – Drivers who elect to allow their insurance company to study where and when they drive by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive may get a rate reduction if they are good drivers.
Just know that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like you can get free auto insurance, it just doesn’t work that way. But any discount will help lower your policy premium.
Larger insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are shown below.
- Progressive includes discounts for multi-vehicle, homeowner, continuous coverage, online quote discount, and multi-policy.
- MetLife has savings for claim-free, good student, good driver, multi-policy, accident-free, defensive driver
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts for low natural disaster claims, age of vehicle, ease of repair, anti-theft, good student, and location of vehicle.
- Nationwide has discounts for good student, family plan, anti-theft, multi-policy, and defensive driving.
- GEICO may offer discounts for federal employee, membership and employees, anti-lock brakes, good student, and multi-policy.
- AAA offers premium reductions for pay-in-full, multi-car, good driver, multi-policy, good student, AAA membership discount, and education and occupation.
Before purchasing a policy, check with each insurance company which discounts you qualify for. Discounts may not be offered in your state. For a list of insurers who offer insurance discounts in Indiana, click here.
Don’t give up on cheaper premiums
You just read a lot of ways to shop for Mercury Montego insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get prices for, the better your chances of lowering your prices. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from an unexpected company. Regional companies often have lower prices on specific markets than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
While you’re price shopping online, make sure you don’t reduce needed coverages to save money. There are too many instances where someone sacrificed collision coverage only to discover later that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your objective should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest cost.
How to find more affordable Mercury Montego insurance in Indianapolis
The best way we recommend to get cheaper Mercury Montego insurance is to start comparing rates regularly from insurers that sell auto insurance in Indianapolis.
First, get a basic knowledge of the different coverages in a policy and the modifications you can make to drop your rates. Many risk factors that result in higher rates such as your driving record and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be controlled by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
Second, compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote prices from multiple sources.
Third, compare the new rates to your existing policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find a lower rate, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on each quote and and to compare as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this guarantees a fair rate comparison and a complete rate analysis.
For more information, feel free to browse the resources below:
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Indianapolis Car Insurance Quotes for Business Use? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Indianapolis Auto Insurance Quotes for Teenage Females? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Indianapolis Auto Insurance Rates for a Toyota RAV4? (FAQ)
- How Much are Indianapolis Car Insurance Quotes for a School Permit? (FAQ)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)