It’s an obvious assumption that car insurance companies don’t want their policyholders to compare prices. Drivers who compare rates once a year are very likely to switch auto insurance companies because there are good odds of finding a lower-priced company. A recent survey found that consumers who compared price quotes annually saved over $72 a month as compared to drivers who never compared prices.
If finding the lowest price for auto insurance is your objective, then learning about how to find and compare insurance coverage can save time and make the process easier.
To save the most money, the best way to get the cheapest auto insurance rates in Indianapolis is to compare quotes once a year from providers who provide auto insurance in Indiana. You can compare rates by following these guidelines.
- First, gain an understanding of car insurance and the measures you can take to prevent high rates. Many risk factors that drive up the price like accidents, traffic violations, and a bad credit rating can be rectified by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Second, request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from multiple sources.
- Third, compare the quotes to your existing rates and see if you can save money. If you can save money and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
One piece of advice is to use identical coverages on each price quote and and to get prices from every company you can. This ensures an accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
If you have insurance now, you should be able to save money using this strategy. Choosing the best insurance company for you in Indianapolis is quite easy. But Indiana car owners must learn the methods companies use to charge you for coverage and use it to your advantage.
Indianapolis insurance discounts
Insurance can be pricey, but you might find some hidden discounts to reduce the price significantly. A few discounts will be applied at the time you complete a quote, but some may not be applied and must be asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save 10% or more on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Maintaining low annual mileage could earn discounted prices on garaged vehicles.
- Resident Student – Any of your kids who attend college more than 100 miles from Indianapolis and do not have access to a covered vehicle may qualify for this discount.
- Full Payment Discount – If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of making monthly payments you may reduce your total bill.
- Drivers Education – Have your child successfully take a driver’s education course in high school.
Remember that some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Despite the fact that it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
Some companies that may offer policyholders these discounts are:
If you want affordable Suzuki Forenza insurance quotes, ask each company to apply every possible discount. Some credits may not be offered in your area. To find providers with discount insurance rates in Indianapolis, click this link.
How to compare Suzuki Forenza insurance quotes in Indianapolis, IN
To find cheap rates, there are a couple of ways of comparing rates from different companies. The easiest way to find the lowest Suzuki Forenza rates consists of shopping online.
It’s so fast and easy to compare price quotes online that it takes the place of having to actually drive to different Indianapolis agent offices. The ability to buy insurance online reduces the need to sit down with an agent unless you have a need for the professional assistance only provided by licensed Indianapolis agents. If you prefer, some companies allow you to get the lowest quotes online and still use a local agent. Keep in mind that obtaining a wide range of quotes gives you a better chance of getting the best rates.
The companies shown below offer price quotes in Indianapolis, IN. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you compare several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
When should I get advice from a local insurance agent?
Some people would prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is just fine! The best thing about comparing rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get cheap car insurance quotes but also keep your business local.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, the coverage information is emailed to agents in your area that give free quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no need to leave your house since rate quotes are delivered instantly to you. Get lower rates AND a local agent. If you want to get a comparison quote for a specific company, just find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Picking the best provider should depend on more than just the price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- How are claims handled?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
If you want to use a reputable insurance agent or broker, there are two types of insurance agents from which to choose. Insurance agencies in Indianapolis are considered either exclusive or independent.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive have only one company to place business with and some examples include Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. They are unable to compare other company’s rates so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. These agents are usually well trained on their company’s products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Indianapolis who may provide you with price quotes.
Agents in the independent channel do not have single company limitations and that gives them the ability to insure through lots of different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If prices rise, they simply move the coverage in-house and you can keep the same agent. If you are comparing rate quotes, we recommend you include price quotes from at a minimum one independent agency in order to compare the most rates.
Below are independent insurance agents in Indianapolis that can give you price quotes.
Indiana Discount Insurance
5502 N Keystone Ave – Indianapolis, IN 46220 – (317) 863-0349 – View Map
If you get positive responses to any questions you may have as well as a price you’re happy with, chances are good that you have found an insurance agency that is reliable enough to provide car insurance coverage. But keep in mind consumers can cancel a policy whenever you want so never assume you’re contractually obligated to the car insurance policy for the full policy term.
One last thing to lower rates
As you shop your coverage around, you should never buy poor coverage just to save money. In many instances, an accident victim reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your goal is to get the best coverage possible for the lowest price, but do not skimp to save money.
Lower-priced Suzuki Forenza insurance in Indianapolis is attainable from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, so you need to quote Indianapolis auto insurance with both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies may not have online quoting and many times these smaller companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
To learn more, link through to the following helpful articles:
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Indianapolis Car Insurance Rates for 16 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a 20 Year Old Female in Indianapolis? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for First-time Drivers in Indianapolis? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Government Employees in Indianapolis? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Mazda CX-7 in Indianapolis? (FAQ)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)