If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to find cheaper prices for Fiat 500 insurance is to regularly compare price quotes from providers who sell insurance in Indianapolis. You can shop around by following these steps.
- Step 1: Get an understanding of how companies set rates and the modifications you can make to keep rates low. Many rating criteria that result in higher prices like at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a substandard credit score can be rectified by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Step 2: Compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from multiple sources. Compare rates
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to the premium of your current policy to determine if you can save on 500 insurance in Indianapolis. If you find a lower rate and buy the policy, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Tell your current agent or company of your decision to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit a down payment and signed policy application to the new company. When you receive it, keep your new proof of insurance paperwork somewhere easily accessible.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to use identical limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get prices from as many companies as feasibly possible. This guarantees a fair rate comparison and a complete rate analysis.
Unthinkable but true, a large majority of car insurance policyholders in Indiana kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for over three years, and almost 40% of drivers have never compared rates to find affordable insurance. U.S. drivers could save about $859 every year, but they don’t want to spend time to compare rates and save money.
Compare Indianapolis Fiat 500 insurance rate quotes online
All the larger insurance companies give price estimates direct online. Comparing Fiat 500 insurance rates online is possible for anyone as you just enter your coverage preferences into the quote form. Once you submit the form, their rating system requests information on your driving record and credit history and returns a price quote based on the information you submitted. Getting online price quotes for Fiat 500 insurance in Indianapolis makes it simple to compare prices and it’s absolutely necessary to compare as many rates as possible if you want to get cheaper insurance pricing.
To quickly compare rates using this form now, take a look at the companies shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you type in the coverages identical to your current policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you will receive a fair comparison based on similar coverages.
The companies shown below offer price comparisons in Indiana. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
Take policy discounts and save on Fiat 500 insurance in Indianapolis
Some companies do not advertise all their discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we researched a few of the more common and also the more inconspicuous savings tricks you should be using when you buy Indianapolis car insurance online. If you are not receiving all the discounts available, you are just wasting money.
- Low Mileage – Low annual miles can qualify you for lower car insurance rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Senior Citizens – Older drivers are able to get a small discount on rates.
- Responsible Driver Discount – Drivers who don’t get into accidents could pay up to 40% less compared to accident prone drivers.
- Organization Discounts – Participating in a civic or occupational organization in Indianapolis could qualify you for a break on your next car insurance statement.
- Sign Online – Certain companies will provide an incentive get Indianapolis car insurance on the internet.
- Telematics Discount – Indianapolis drivers who agree to allow their car insurance company to scrutinize driving patterns by using a telematics device such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive may see discounts if they are good drivers.
- Good Student – Getting good grades can save 20 to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up to age 25.
- Active Service Discounts – Having a deployed family member may qualify for rate reductions.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – When you combine your auto and homeowners insurance and place coverage with the same company you could earn a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars and trucks that have factory anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
Policy discounts save money, but most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So even though it sounds like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it’s just not the way it works.
A few companies that possibly offer these benefits include:
If you are trying to find the cheapest Fiat 500 rate quotes, ask every company which discounts you qualify for. Some credits might not apply in Indianapolis.
Why Informed Drivers Pay Less for Fiat 500 Insurance
Lots of things are considered when you get a price on insurance. Some are pretty understandable like an MVR report, but other criteria are not as apparent such as whether you are married and annual miles driven.
Small coverages can add up – There are a ton of extra bells and whistles that can waste your money but may not be useful. Insurance for rental car coverage, accident forgiveness, and term life insurance are examples of these. You may think they are a good idea when discussing your needs, but your needs may have changed so get rid of them and save.
Does car insurance cost more for guys? – Statistics show females are less aggressive when driving. Now that doesn’t mean males are worse at driving than females. Women and men have auto accidents at a similar rate, but the male of the species tend to have more serious accidents. Men also tend to get higher numbers of serious violations like driving under the influence (DUI).
Credit score impact car insurance rates – Having a good credit rating is likely to be a major factor in determining your rates. Consumers who have good credit tend to file fewer claims than drivers who have worse credit. So if your credit history leaves room for improvement, you may save money insuring your Fiat 500 if you improve your credit rating.
Liability protection limits on your policy – Liability insurance will protect you when you are determined to be liable for an accident. Liability insurance provides for a legal defense starting from day one. Liability is cheap compared to other policy coverages, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
Performance impacts insurance premiums – The performance of the car, truck or SUV you are insuring makes a significant difference in determining your rates. The lowest base rates are usually for lower cost passenger cars, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
Fiat 500 claim statistics – Insurers use past insurance losses when setting rates for each model. Vehicles that statistically have higher claim amounts or frequency will have higher rates. The table below shows the insurance loss data used by companies for Fiat 500 vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles combined as an average is equal to 100. Percentage numbers below 100 indicate better than average losses, while values that are 100 or greater indicate higher probability of having a loss or a tendency for claims to be larger.
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Fiat 500 Convertible||76||79||60||85|
|Fiat 500 Electric||73||59||76||60|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years