Anyone knows that auto insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. Insureds who compare rates annually are very likely to switch to a new company because there are good odds of finding a cheaper policy. A recent survey found that people who made a habit of comparing rate quotes saved approximately $3,400 over four years compared to policyholders who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding budget-friendly insurance is why you’re here, then having an understanding of how to shop and compare car insurance can help you be more efficient.
Really, the only way to find cheaper Chevy Spark insurance in Indianapolis is to regularly compare price quotes from insurance carriers in Indiana. You can shop around by following these guidelines.
First, get a basic knowledge of the coverage provided by your policy and the measures you can take to keep rates in check. Many rating factors that cause high rates such as traffic citations, accidents, and an imperfect credit rating can be controlled by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Read the full article for more ideas to keep prices down and find available discounts that you may qualify for.
Second, request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes for a wide range of companies.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to determine if you can save on Spark insurance. If you find a lower rate and decide to switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
Fourth, give notification to your agent or company to cancel your existing policy and submit a completed policy application and payment to your new insurance company. Once the paperwork is finalized, safely store the proof of insurance certificate somewhere easily accessible.
The key aspect of shopping around is to use similar coverage information on every price quote and and to get price estimates from as many carriers as you can. Doing this helps ensure an accurate price comparison and many rates to choose from.
Finding the cheapest coverage in Indianapolis is actually quite simple. Virtually every car owner who shops for insurance should find a lower price. Nevertheless, Indiana car owners should learn how companies price insurance differently and use it to your advantage.
How to Lower Your Insurance Prices
Many things are part of the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Most are fairly basic like a motor vehicle report, although some other factors are not as apparent such as whether you are married or your financial responsibility. It’s important that you understand the rating factors that help calculate your policy premiums. When you understand what determines base rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may result in cheaper rates.
Is you job costing you more? – Occupational choices like lawyers, architects, and dentists tend to have the highest rates because of high stress and lots of time spent away from family. Conversely, careers like professors, historians and performers receive lower rates.
Are females or males drivers cheaper? – Statistics demonstrate that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. It does not mean females are better drivers. Both sexes are in accidents at a similar rate, but men tend to have higher claims. In addition to higher claims, males also get cited for more serious violations such as DWI and reckless driving. Youthful male drivers are several times more likely to be in an accident and therefore pay the highest rates.
Do thieves like your car? – Choosing a vehicle with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help lower your premiums. Anti-theft features like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all help stop vehicle theft.
Too many claims drive up prices – If you file claims often, don’t be surprised to see higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Car insurance companies in Indiana give cheaper rates to policyholders who are not frequent claim filers. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for the large, substantial claims.
When comparison shopping, there are several ways to compare quotes from many available car insurance companies in Indiana. The easiest way by far to find the cheapest insurance rates is to get quotes online. Just remember that comparing more quotes gives you a better chance of getting the best offered rates. Not every company does online price quotes, so it’s important to also get quotes from them, too.
The companies shown below are ready to provide comparison quotes in Indianapolis, IN. If multiple providers are shown, it’s a good idea that you get prices from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Why do I need car insurance?
Despite the high cost, auto insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Spark has a loan, almost every bank will require that you buy full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Chevy at a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
- Auto insurance protects both your Chevy and your personal assets. It will also cover medical bills for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay to defend you in the event you are sued. If your Chevy gets damaged, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly when you have a large claim. But the average American driver overpays more than $865 each year so you should quote rates each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
Save money on Chevy Spark insurance in Indianapolis with these insurance discounts
Some companies do not advertise every possible discount very clearly, so below is a list some of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems prevent accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Government Employees – Employees or retirees of the government could qualify for a slight premium decrease with some insurance companies.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Fewer annual miles on your Chevy could be rewarded with lower premium rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars and trucks optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently so companies will give you a small discount.
- Paperwork-free – Many insurance companies will provide an incentive simply for signing over the internet.
- No Accidents – Drivers who don’t have accidents get the best insurance rates when compared with insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Telematics Data – Policyholders that allow their insurance company to track when and where they use their vehicle by installing a telematics device like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm might get better premium rates if they are good drivers.
One last thing about discounts, many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. Most only apply to individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Despite the appearance that you could get a free insurance policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
A few of the larger companies and some of the premium reductions they offer can be read below.
- State Farm offers discounts for multiple autos, safe vehicle, accident-free, good driver, and driver’s education.
- Progressive may offer discounts for multi-vehicle, multi-policy, continuous coverage, online quote discount, online signing, and homeowner.
- Progressive includes discounts for continuous coverage, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, good student, and online signing.
- MetLife offers premium reductions for good student, accident-free, multi-policy, claim-free, defensive driver, and good driver.
- Farm Bureau may include discounts for good student, 55 and retired, renewal discount, driver training, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
- GEICO offers discounts including driver training, daytime running lights, multi-policy, air bags, and membership and employees.
- SAFECO discounts include teen safety rewards, anti-theft, teen safe driver, drive less, bundle discounts, homeowner, and multi-car.
It’s a good idea to ask all the companies how you can save money. Some discounts might not be offered in Indianapolis. To find insurance companies that offer multiple discounts in Indiana, click here.
Compare rate quotes but still have a local Indianapolis insurance agent
Some consumers just want to sit down with an agent and we recommend doing that An additional benefit of getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find lower prices and also buy local.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, your coverage information is emailed to companies in Indianapolis that provide free Indianapolis car insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t need to contact any agents due to the fact that quote results will go to the email address you provide. It’s the lowest rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you need to quote rates from a specific car insurance provider, you just need to jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right insurance company needs to be determined by more than just the price. The following questions are important to ask.
- Is coverage determined by price?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Indianapolis?
How to choose the best car insurance agent in Indianapolis
If you want to buy car insurance from an insurance agent, it helps to know the two types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents can be categorized as either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These type of agents normally can only provide a single company’s rates and some examples include Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They generally cannot provide other company’s prices so you might not find the best rates. They are well trained on their company’s products and that can be a competitive advantage. Some people will only buy from exclusive agents partially due to the brand name instead of buying on price only.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agents in Indianapolis willing to provide rate quotes.
- Chris Stringer – State Farm Insurance Agent
4875 W 56th St g – Indianapolis, IN 46254 – (317) 803-2241 – View Map
- Norm Street – State Farm Insurance Agent
8610 E Washington St – Indianapolis, IN 46219 – (317) 898-2626 – View Map
- Phil Kunkel – State Farm Insurance Agent
5510 S East St d – Indianapolis, IN 46227 – (317) 783-3127 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Independent agents are normally appointed by many insurers so they can quote policies amongst many companies and potentially find a lower price. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply move the coverage in-house without you having to go to a different agency. If you are comparing rate quotes, we recommend you get quotes from a couple of independent agencies for the best price selection. Most can insure with smaller mutual companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Shown below are Indianapolis independent insurance agents that can give you rate quotes.
- Owens Insurance Agency
N Alabama St #350 – Indianapolis, IN 46204 – (317) 572-8080 – View Map
- Indiana State Agency
2425 N Meridian St – Indianapolis, IN 46208 – (317) 923-7722 – View Map
- A-1 Insurance Agency
2929 E 96th St Suite A. – Indianapolis, IN 46240 – (317) 844-3049 – View Map
You may need specialized car insurance coverage
Always remember that when buying adequate coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Everyone’s needs are different.
For instance, these questions could help you determine if your situation might need professional guidance.
- What does PIP insurance cover?
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
Get the best coverage at the most affordable price
We’ve covered many ideas to lower your Chevy Spark insurance prices in Indianapolis. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the better likelihood of getting inexpensive Indianapolis car insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from the smaller companies.
When trying to cut insurance costs, do not buy poor coverage just to save money. In many instances, someone dropped liability coverage limits and found out when filing a claim they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your objective should be to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price and still be able to protect your assets.
Discount Chevy Spark insurance in Indianapolis is attainable both online and with local Indianapolis insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance providers don’t offer online rate quotes and usually these regional carriers prefer to sell through independent agencies.
More detailed auto insurance information is available by following these links:
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Over Age 60 in Indianapolis? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Felons in Indianapolis? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Indianapolis Car Insurance Quotes for 17 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)