Smart shoppers know that auto insurance companies don’t want you to compare rates. People who shop around annually are likely to switch insurance companies because they have good chances of finding coverage at a more affordable price. A study showed that people who compared prices once a year saved an average of $860 a year compared to drivers who never shopped around.
If finding discount rates on auto insurance in Indianapolis is your intention, then knowing how to get free comparison quotes and analyze cheaper coverage can make it easier for you to save money.
It takes a little time, but the best way to get affordable car insurance rates is to start comparing prices yearly from insurance carriers that insure vehicles in Indianapolis. Rates can be compared by following these steps.
First, read and learn about auto insurance and the factors you can control to prevent rate increases. Many rating factors that result in higher rates such as speeding tickets, careless driving and a less-than-favorable credit score can be remedied by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
Second, compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can provide prices from many different companies.
Third, compare the new quotes to the price on your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available in Indianapolis. If you can save money, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
Fourth, provide notification to your current agent or company to cancel the current policy. Submit a completed application and payment to your new carrier. Don’t forget to keep your new certificate verifying coverage in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
One piece of advice is to try to compare similar coverage information on every quote and and to get quotes from all possible companies. Doing this helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and a thorough price selection.
If you have a current auto insurance policy or just want to reduce your rates, you can use these tips to find the best rates while maximizing coverage. Our objective in writing this article is to instruct you on how to get online quotes and how you can save the most money. Comparison shoppers just need to use the proper methods to compare price quotes from many different companies online.
Getting a cheap price on insurance is surprisingly easy. The only requirement is to take a couple of minutes comparing price quotes from some recommended companies.
The companies shown below are ready to provide free quotes in Indianapolis, IN. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
Auto insurance is an important decision
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Chevy in Indianapolis, insuring your vehicle is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
First, the majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability if you drive a vehicle. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a loan on your Chevy Bolt EV, it’s guaranteed your bank will make it mandatory that you have full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender will be forced to insure your Chevy at a much higher rate and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
Third, auto insurance protects both your assets and your Chevy. It will also cover medical transport and hospital expenses incurred in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you have damage to your Chevy as the result of the weather or an accident, your policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly for liability claims. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver overpays more than $869 every year so we recommend shopping around each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
Auto insurance discounts are available to get cheap rates
Auto insurance is not inexpensive, but you may be missing some discounts that may help make it more affordable. Most are applied at the time you complete a quote, but a few need to be asked about before you will receive the discount.
- Onboard Data Collection – Policyholders that allow data collection to look at driving manner remotely such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system could save a few bucks if they are good drivers.
- Indianapolis Homeowners Discount – Owning a home in Indianapolis can earn you a little savings because of the fact that having a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Driver Training Discounts – Taking a course teaching defensive driving skills may get you a small discount and make you a better driver.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you combine your homeowners and auto policies with the same company you will save at least 10% off all policies.
- Early Switch Discount – A few insurance companies offer discounts for renewing your policy before your current expiration date. You may see this discount when you get Indianapolis car insurance quotes online.
- Government Employees – Having worked for a branch of the government could cut as much as 10% off depending on your company.
Don’t be shocked that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So despite the fact that it appears you can get free auto insurance, you aren’t that lucky.
Larger auto insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts can be read below.
- Progressive offers discounts for multi-policy, continuous coverage, online signing, homeowner, good student, and multi-vehicle.
- SAFECO may offer discounts for accident prevention training, anti-lock brakes, drive less, teen safety rewards, homeowner, safe driver, and multi-car.
- American Family includes discounts for mySafetyValet, early bird, air bags, good student, multi-vehicle, defensive driver, and accident-free.
- MetLife has discounts for claim-free, accident-free, defensive driver, multi-policy, good driver, good student
- GEICO offers premium reductions for driver training, seat belt use, military active duty, multi-policy, and emergency military deployment.
- The Hartford may have discounts that include good student, air bag, defensive driver, anti-theft, vehicle fuel type, and driver training.
If you are trying to find inexpensive Indianapolis car insurance quotes, ask each company or agent which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts might not be offered in your area. To see insurers with discount auto insurance rates in Indiana, click here.
Local neighborhood agents and car insurance
Some people would prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Professional agents can point out coverage gaps and give you someone to call. One of the best bonuses of price shopping on the web is that you can obtain better rates and still choose a local agent.
After filling out this quick form, your insurance data is transmitted to participating agents in Indianapolis who will gladly provide quotes for your car insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to leave your computer since rate quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from a specific car insurance provider, you can always visit that company’s website and give them your coverage information.
Deciding on an provider requires you to look at more than just the bottom line cost. You should also get answers to these questions.
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Indianapolis for you
If you want to buy car insurance from a reputable insurance agent or broker, it’s important to understand the different types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Car insurance agents in Indianapolis are considered either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either type can properly insure your vehicles, but it’s worth learning the differences because it can impact your selection of an agent.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents are contracted to one company and examples are Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to provide other company’s prices so keep that in mind. They receive a lot of sales training on the products they sell which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Many people use the same agent mainly due to the brand name rather than low price.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agents in Indianapolis who may provide you with price quotes.
- Phil Kunkel – State Farm Insurance Agent
5510 S East St d – Indianapolis, IN 46227 – (317) 783-3127 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Donald Oldham
303 N Alabama St #360 – Indianapolis, IN 46204 – (317) 687-0777 – View Map
- Brandon Libunao – State Farm Insurance Agent
1014 Prospect St – Indianapolis, IN 46203 – (317) 783-3391 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent are not employed by one company so as a result can place your coverage through many different car insurance companies and find you cheaper rates. If premiums increase, an independent agent can move your coverage which requires no work on your part. When comparing car insurance prices, you absolutely need to include price quotes from several independent insurance agents to get the best comparison. Many write coverage with additional companies that you may not be familiar with that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Listed below is a list of independent agents in Indianapolis willing to provide rate quotes.
- Gregory and Appel Insurance
1402 N Capitol Ave #400 – Indianapolis, IN 46202 – (317) 634-7491 – View Map
- Affordable Insurance Agency
10 S Mickley Ave – Indianapolis, IN 46241 – (317) 484-9195 – View Map
- Shepherd Insurance and Financial Services
111 Congressional Blvd Suite 100 – Carmel, IN 46032 – (317) 846-5554 – View Map
Upon getting good feedback to any questions you may have as well as an affordable premium quote, you may have just found an insurance agent that meets your needs to insure your vehicles.
You just read a lot of information how to lower your Chevy Bolt EV insurance premium rates in Indianapolis. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get prices for, the better likelihood of getting affordable Chevrolet Bolt EV insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the best premium rates are with a small mutual company.
While you’re price shopping online, it’s very important that you do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many situations where someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage only to discover later that they should have had better coverage. Your goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best possible price, but do not skimp to save money.
Drivers leave their current company for a variety of reasons including high prices, policy cancellation, lack of trust in their agent and even denial of a claim. Whatever your reason, finding a new company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Indianapolis Auto Insurance Quotes for Immigrants? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for High Risk Drivers in Indianapolis? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Teachers in Indianapolis? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Nurses in Indianapolis? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Unemployed Drivers in Indianapolis? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Honda Civic in Indianapolis? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Real Estate Agents in Indianapolis? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Veterans in Indianapolis? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with Good Credit in Indianapolis? (FAQ)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)