Finding cheaper insurance for your Dodge Magnum in Indiana could be difficult, but you can follow the following methods to save time.
There is a right way and a wrong way to buy auto insurance and we’ll show you the quickest way to quote coverages on a Dodge and find the cheapest rates.
Learn How to Get Auto Insurance More Affordably
Many different elements are taken into consideration when premium rates are determined. A few of the factors are predictable like a motor vehicle report, but others are not as apparent like where you live or your commute time. An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the things that go into determining the rates you pay for auto insurance. If you know what influences your rates, this enables informed choices that may result in lower premium levels.
The following are some of the items used by companies to determine your prices.
Performance affects insurance prices – The type of car you drive makes a huge difference in your car insurance bill. Lower cost passenger cars receive the most favorable rates, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price.
Cut premiums and deter theft – Purchasing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your auto insurance. Anti-theft devices such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all help stop your car from being stolen.
Big cities have higher premiums – Living in areas with lower population is a good thing when buying auto insurance. Urban drivers have more traffic problems and higher rates of accident claims. Less people living in that area corresponds to lower accident rates in addition to fewer liability claims.
Auto insurance rates and age – Young drivers in Indiana tend to be more careless when behind the wheel therefore auto insurance rates are much higher. Having to add a beginning driver to your auto insurance policy can be very expensive. Older, more experienced drivers tend to be more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents, and usually have better credit.
Drive less and get lower costs – Driving more miles each year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. A lot of companies rate vehicles partially by how you use the vehicle. Cars that have low annual miles cost less to insure than cars that get driven a lot. Having an incorrect usage rating on your Magnum can result in significantly higher rates. Verify your auto insurance policy reflects the correct driver usage, because it can save money.
Tickets and citations cost more than a fine – Only having one speeding ticket or other violation may cause rates to rise to the point where it’s not affordable. Attentive drivers get better rates compared to drivers with tickets. Drivers who have received multiple violations such as DUI or reckless driving may be required to maintain a SR-22 to the state department of motor vehicles in order to continue driving.
How much liability do you need? – The liability coverage on your policy is the coverage that protects you if ever you are responsible for damages from an accident. Your policy’s liability insurance provides for a legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability insurance is pretty cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so drivers should carry high limits.
Improve your credit rating and save – Having a bad credit score can be an important factor in determining what you pay for auto insurance. Insureds that have very good credit scores tend to be less risk to insure than those with worse credit. If your credit can use some improvement, you may save money insuring your Dodge Magnum if you clean up your credit.
Many insurance companies such as Progressive, Allstate and GEICO provide insurance quotes online. Obtaining pricing for Dodge Magnum insurance in Indianapolis is fairly simple as you just type in your personal and coverage information on the page. Upon sending the form, the quote system sends out for information on your driving record and credit history and returns a price based on the information you submitted.
This makes comparing rates easy, and it’s necessary to have as many quotes as possible if you are searching for the most affordable premium possible.
To quickly compare rates now, check out the insurance providers below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you complete the form with the coverages as close as possible to your current policy. Doing this assures you will have a fair comparison for similar insurance coverage.
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Indianapolis, IN. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you get rate quotes from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Three reasons car insurance is important
Despite the potentially high cost of Dodge Magnum insurance, maintaining insurance is required in Indiana but it also protects you in many ways.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability coverage if you want to drive legally. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, most lenders will force you to have insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may insure your Dodge for a much higher rate and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Car insurance protects not only your car but also your financial assets. It will also reimburse you for hospital and medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the cost, particularly for liability claims. Unknowingly, the average driver is overpaying more than $855 a year so it’s recommended you shop around once a year at a minimum to save money.
Save money with these discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always advertise all available discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we researched some of the best known and also the more inconspicuous discounts you could be receiving when you buy Indianapolis auto insurance online.
- Military Discounts – Being deployed in the military could qualify you for better premium rates.
- Switch and Save Discount – Some companies reward drivers for renewing your policy prior to your current Magnum insurance policy expiration. You could save around 10% when you buy Indianapolis auto insurance online.
- Good Driver Discount – Drivers without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates compared to accident prone drivers.
- Bundle and Save – When you have multiple policies with one company you may save up to 20% and get you inexpensive Dodge Magnum insurance in Indianapolis.
- Save over 55 – Drivers over the age of 55 may receive a small decrease in premiums.
- No Claims – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims can earn big discounts compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Driver Training Discounts – Completing a defensive driver class could save 5% or more and also improve your driving technique.
- Use Seat Belts – Forcing all vehicle occupants to use a seat belt can save a little off the personal injury premium cost.
- College Student – Children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Indianapolis and do not have access to a covered vehicle may qualify for this discount.
As a sidenote, some of the credits will not apply to the whole policy. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So when it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you’re out of luck.
A list of insurance companies and some of the discounts are outlined below.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for pay in full, distant student, alternative fuel, homeowner, good student, multi-car, and early shopping.
- Esurance may have discounts that include anti-lock brakes, claim free, online quote, multi-policy, good student, and good driver.
- State Farm may offer discounts for multiple autos, student away at school, multiple policy, anti-theft, passive restraint, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including seat belt use, anti-lock brakes, multi-vehicle, good student, and air bags.
- Allstate includes discounts for eSmart discount, teenSMART discount, good student, EZ pay plan discount, multi-policy, senior citizen, and premier discount.
It’s a good idea to ask every insurance company which discounts can lower your rates. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policyholders in Indianapolis. If you would like to view insurance companies who offer discounts in Indianapolis, follow this link.
Car insurance is available from local insurance agents
Many people still like to sit down with an agent and that is a smart decision Insurance agents can help you choose the best coverages and help in the event of a claim. The best thing about price shopping on the web is you can get cheap car insurance quotes and still buy from a local agent. Buying from and supporting neighborhood agents is definitely important in Indianapolis.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, the coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents who will give competitive quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You never need to contact an agency as quotes are delivered directly to you. In the event you want to compare prices from a specific car insurance provider, you just need to go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
Finding the right insurance company should depend on more than just a low price. The following questions are important to ask.
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Indianapolis?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- How are they compensated?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
Insurance can be complex
Always keep in mind that when comparing adequate coverage, there really isn’t a cookie cutter policy. You are unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine whether you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- What is an umbrella policy?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- Are there any extra discounts I can get?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor’s mailbox?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form. It’s fast, free and may give you better protection.
Quote often and quote early
Cost effective Dodge Magnum insurance is definitely available from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies do not provide internet price quotes and these smaller companies work with independent agents.
People switch companies for many reasons like lack of trust in their agent, extreme rates for teen drivers, high rates after DUI convictions and policy cancellation. Whatever your reason, switching companies can be less work than you think.
We just covered many tips how you can reduce Dodge Magnum insurance car insurance rates online in Indianapolis. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get premium rates for, the better likelihood of getting low cost Indianapolis auto insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the best car insurance rates are with some of the lesser-known companies.
Steps to finding better rates for Dodge Magnum insurance in Indianapolis
The best way we recommend to get discount car insurance rates is to regularly compare quotes from insurers in Indianapolis. Price quotes can be compared by completing these steps.
Step 1: Get a basic knowledge of how auto insurance works and the measures you can control to prevent rate increases. Many risk factors that increase rates such as accidents, careless driving, and an imperfect credit rating can be improved by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
Step 2: Request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can quote prices from many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rates to the premium of your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save money and buy the policy, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
Step 4: Provide proper notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your existing policy and submit a completed application and payment to the newly selected company. As soon as you receive it, keep your new certificate verifying coverage in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
The most important part of shopping around is to try to use similar deductibles and liability limits on each price quote and and to get price estimates from as many different insurance providers as possible. This provides the most accurate price comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
To read more, take a look at the articles below:
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- Who Has Cheap Indianapolis Auto Insurance Quotes for Welfare Recipients? (FAQ)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)