How many times have you said it’s time to compare cheaper auto insurance rates in Indianapolis, IN? Indianapolis shoppers have a choice when shopping for low-cost Ford Five Hundred insurance. You can either spend your time calling around to get rate comparisons or use the internet to get rate quotes.
There are more efficient ways to shop for auto insurance and we’ll show you the proper way to compare rates for a Ford and find the lowest possible price from both online companies and Indianapolis agents.
A recent study showed that most consumers in Indiana have been with the same company for more than four years, and 38% of drivers have never compared rates to find cheaper insurance. American drivers could save as much as $859 a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they won’t spend time to find cheaper rates by getting comparison quotes.
If you have insurance now or need new coverage, you can use these tips to reduce premiums while maximizing coverage. This information will teach you how car insurance quotes work and some tips to save money. Drivers just need to use the fastest way to shop on the web.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer price quotes in Indianapolis, IN. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get the most affordable price.
Why you need insurance
Despite the high cost, insuring your vehicle is a good idea for several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability insurance if you want to drive legally. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Ford with a loan, almost every bank will require that you buy full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If the policy lapses, the lender will be forced to insure your Ford at an extremely high rate and require you to fork over the higher price.
- Insurance preserves both your car and your assets. It will also pay for most medical and hospital costs that are the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense in the event you are sued. If your Ford gets damaged, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of having insurance outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. The average driver in Indiana is overpaying over $869 every year so you should quote your policy with other companies each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
Cheap Indianapolis insurance rates with discounts
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but there are discounts available that may help make it more affordable. Certain credits will be shown at the time you complete a quote, but a few must be specially asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Keeping the miles down on your Ford could qualify for lower prices due to less chance of an accident.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Factory options such as air bags may earn rate discounts of more than 20%.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Having primary and secondary vehicles with one company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- First Accident Forgiveness – This one is not really a discount per se, but some insurance companies allow you one accident before they charge you more for coverage if you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Student Discounts – A discount for being a good student may save as much as 25% on a Indianapolis auto insurance quote. You can use this discount normally up to age 25.
- Life Insurance Discount – Some insurance carriers give a discount if you purchase auto and life insurance together.
- ABS Braking Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can stop better under adverse conditions so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some insurance companies provide a discount for buying a policy early. You may see this discount when you get Indianapolis auto insurance quotes online.
- Paper-free Discount – A few larger companies will give you a small discount for completing your application online.
As a sidenote, some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. So even though they make it sound like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
Companies that have these discounts include:
When comparing rates, check with every prospective company what discounts are available to you. Discounts might not apply in Indianapolis. For a list of companies that offer many of these discounts in Indiana, click this link.
When should I talk to a local insurance agent?
Many people still like to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is a smart decision Most agents can make sure you are properly covered and give you someone to call. An additional benefit of comparing insurance online is the fact that you can find cheaper rates and also buy local. Buying insurance from local agents is especially important in Indianapolis.
Upon completion of this short form, your information is submitted to insurance agents in Indianapolis that give free quotes for your insurance coverage. You never need to leave your house due to the fact that quote results will go to your email. If you need to compare prices from a specific company, just visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
Best car insurance agent in Indianapolis
If you want a reliable insurance agency, you need to know there are two types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents can be categorized as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either one can do a good job, but it is important to understand the difference in the companies they write for since it could factor into the type of agent you choose.
Independent agents are not limited to a single company and that enables them to quote your coverage with an assortment of companies and find the cheapest rate. If you are not satisfied with one company, your policy is moved internally without you having to go to a different agency. If you are comparing rate quotes, we recommend you get quotes from several independent agencies in order to compare the most rates. They also have the ability to place coverage with companies you’ve never heard of that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
The following are Indianapolis independent insurance agents that can give you free rate quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: Brelage Insurance Agency Inc
5451 Emerson Way – Indianapolis, IN 46226 – (317) 591-2660 – View Map
- Shepherd Insurance and Financial Services
111 Congressional Blvd Suite 100 – Carmel, IN 46032 – (317) 846-5554 – View Map
- Gregory and Appel Insurance
1402 N Capitol Ave #400 – Indianapolis, IN 46202 – (317) 634-7491 – View Map
These type of agents are contracted to one company like Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. They are unable to compare other company’s rates so it’s a take it or leave it situation. These agents are usually well trained on their products and sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. A lot of people choose to use an exclusive agent primarily because of the brand legacy and strong financial ratings.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Indianapolis that can give you comparison quotes.
- Brenda Bond – State Farm Insurance Agent
4475 W 71st St – Indianapolis, IN 46268 – (317) 328-0882 – View Map
- Phil Kunkel – State Farm Insurance Agent
5510 S East St d – Indianapolis, IN 46227 – (317) 783-3127 – View Map
- Adam Krockenberger – State Farm Insurance Agent
5685 Lafayette Rd #700 – Indianapolis, IN 46254 – (317) 387-9182 – View Map
Picking the best car insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
Cover all your bases
A few companies do not provide the ability to get quotes online and these smaller providers provide coverage only through independent agents. Budget-friendly insurance in Indianapolis is attainable on the web as well as from insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to get a complete price analysis.
As you shop your coverage around, you should never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are a lot of situations where drivers have reduced liability coverage limits only to regret at claim time that they should have had better coverage. Your objective should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best cost, but do not skimp to save money.
In this article, we presented some good ideas how to shop for Ford Five Hundred insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the better chance you’ll have of finding inexpensive Indianapolis auto insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the best price on insurance is with some of the smallest insurance companies.
Steps to finding low-cost rates for Ford Five Hundred insurance in Indianapolis
The recommended way to find low-cost auto insurance rates is to compare quotes annually from companies who provide auto insurance in Indianapolis. You can compare rates by following these steps.
- Step 1: Spend some time learning about how car insurance works and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that drive up the price such as speeding tickets, careless driving and bad credit can be eliminated by paying attention to minor details.
- Step 2: Quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can quote prices from multiple insurance companies.
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your existing policy to determine if you can save on Five Hundred insurance. If you can save money and change companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
A good tip to remember is that you’ll want to compare the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get price quotes from as many different companies as possible. Doing this guarantees a fair price comparison and many rates to choose from.
Additional detailed information can be found in the articles below:
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Over Age 60 in Indianapolis? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Single Moms in Indianapolis? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Teachers in Indianapolis? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Ford Fusion in Indianapolis? (FAQ)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)