If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get affordable auto insurance rates in Indianapolis is to regularly compare price quotes from insurance carriers who provide car insurance in Indiana.
Step 1: Spend a few minutes and learn about policy coverages and the things you can change to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that cause high rates like traffic tickets, fender benders, and a less-than-favorable credit history can be rectified by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Keep reading for instructions to lower rates and earn larger discounts.
Step 2: Compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers. Start a quote
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to determine if you can save on Accent insurance. If you find a lower rate, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
Step 4: Provide proper notification to your current company of your decision to cancel the current policy and submit a signed application and payment to your new carrier. When you receive it, safely store the proof of insurance paperwork in your glove compartment.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to use the same level of coverage on each price quote and and to look at as many companies as possible. This ensures the most accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
It’s well known that auto insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. Consumers who get price quotes annually are likely to switch insurance companies because of the high probability of finding discount prices. A survey found that people who routinely compared rates saved an average of $860 a year compared to policyholders who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding budget-friendly rates on Hyundai Accent insurance is your intention, then having an understanding of how to shop for coverage rates can help make the process easier.
The method we recommend to get rate comparisons for Hyundai Accent insurance in Indianapolis is to understand most of the larger companies provide online access to provide you with free rate quotes. The only thing you need to do is give them some information such as your job, how much coverage you want, whether you drive to work or school, and if your license is active. Those rating factors is instantly provided to many different companies and you should receive rate quotes within a short period of time.
To find lower cheaper Hyundai Accent insurance rates now, click here then complete the form.
The providers in the list below offer comparison quotes in Indiana. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to find the most affordable rates.
Get cheaper Hyundai Accent insurance in Indianapolis with discounts
Some companies don’t always advertise every available discount in a way that’s easy to find, so the next list breaks down a few of the more common and the harder-to-find discounts that you may qualify for.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having an actively deployed family member may lower your prices slightly.
- Early Renewal Discounts – A few car insurance companies offer discounts for switching companies prior to the expiration date on your current Accent insurance policy. This can save 10% or more.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Good drivers with no accidents pay much less in comparison with bad drivers.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Fewer annual miles on your Hyundai may allow you to get slightly better rates than normal.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents could pay up to 40% less as compared to drivers with claims.
- Good Student – Excelling in school can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you well after school through age 25.
- Own a Home – Owning a home in Indianapolis can help you save on car insurance since owning and maintaining a home shows financial diligence.
- Auto/Life Discount – Some car insurance companies give a discounted premium rate on car insurance if you buy a life policy as well.
Consumers should know that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, it’s just not the way it works.
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Hyundai Accent auto insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the premium. The data is based on a male driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, Indiana state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, claim-free, multi-car, marriage, homeowner, and safe-driver discounts applied.
Large car insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are:
- State Farm may have discounts that include Drive Safe & Save, good driver, accident-free, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple policy, driver’s education, and student away at school.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for business and professional, distant student, multi-car, mature driver, and alternative fuel.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including continuous coverage, homeowner, multi-vehicle, online signing, and multi-policy.
- GEICO has savings for anti-theft, multi-policy, driver training, federal employee, good student, and seat belt use.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers discounts for safe vehicle, paid in full, mature driver, safe driver, and company car.
- The Hartford offers discounts including driver training, good student, vehicle fuel type, bundle, air bag, and anti-theft.
- Farm Bureau may include discounts for renewal discount, youthful driver, good student, 55 and retired, safe driver, and multi-policy.
- USAA offers premium reductions for family discount, multi-policy, military installation, multi-vehicle, and loyalty savings.
When comparing rates, check with every company how you can save money. All car insurance discounts might not apply in Indianapolis. To see providers that offer many of these discounts in Indianapolis, click here to view.
Rates and statistics
The information shown below outlines different coverage costs for Hyundai Accent models. Learning more about how prices are established helps drivers make informed decisions when shopping around for a new policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Accent Blue 2-Dr Hatchback||$172||$406||$310||$18||$92||$998||$83|
|Accent GS 2-Dr Hatchback||$202||$494||$310||$18||$92||$1,116||$93|
|Accent GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$202||$580||$412||$24||$124||$1,342||$112|
|Accent SE 2-Dr Hatchback||$232||$668||$310||$18||$92||$1,320||$110|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Rate quotes do not factor in specific location information which can influence prices noticeably.
The information below illustrates how your deductible choice and can increase or decrease Hyundai Accent yearly insurance costs for different age groups. The prices are based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Insurance agencies near you
A small number of people would rather talk to a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Professional insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and give you someone to call. A nice benefit of comparing car insurance online is you can get lower auto insurance rates and still choose a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to participating agents in Indianapolis who will gladly provide quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t even need to visit any agencies because prices are sent immediately to you. If you want to quote rates for a specific company, you would need to visit that company’s website and fill out their quote form.
Finding a good insurance company needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. You should also get answers to these questions.
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Does their agency support local causes in Indianapolis?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- How long have they been in business?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
Listed below is a short list of insurance companies in Indianapolis who can help you get rate quotes for Hyundai Accent insurance in Indianapolis.
After getting answers to your satisfaction as well as a affordable price, you’ve probably found an insurer that is reputable and can adequately provide car insurance. Just understand that you are entitled to cancel your policy whenever you wish so don’t feel that you’re stuck with any specific company for any length of time.
When to get professional advice
When it comes to buying adequate coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a best way to insure your cars. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
For instance, these questions might point out whether or not you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Is my nanny covered when transporting my kids?
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
- What does medical payments cover?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Get Hyundai Accent Insurance at a Discount
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the things that come into play when calculating your premiums. If you understand what influences your rates, this helps enable you to make changes that can earn you much lower annual insurance costs.
The factors shown below are some of the items used by insurance companies to determine your rates.
Careless drivers pay higher rates – Being a careful driver influences premium rates substantially. Only having one speeding ticket or other violation can increase rates by as much as thirty percent. Attentive drivers get better prices than bad drivers. Drivers who get multiple violations such as DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may face state-mandated requirements to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state’s licensing department in order to drive a vehicle legally.
The illustration below shows how traffic citations and at-fault claims can increase Hyundai Accent insurance prices for each different age group. The data assumes a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Liability coverage is critical – Your car insurance policy’s liability coverage will provide protection if a jury decides you are liable for an accident. Liability provides you with a defense in court to attempt to prove you were not liable. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to comp and collision, so buy as much as you can afford.
Male rates may be higher – Over the last 30 years, statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. However, this does not mean females are better drivers. Both sexes cause auto accidents at a similar rate, but males cause more damage. Men also statistically get more serious tickets like driving under the influence (DUI).
The information below shows the difference between Hyundai Accent insurance rates for male and female drivers. The price estimates are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Add-on coverages can add up – Policies have additional coverages you can purchase but may not be useful. Coverage for things like rental car reimbursement, accidental death, and motor club memberships may be wasting your money. The coverages may be enticing when you first buy your policy, but if they’re wasting money remove them from your policy.
Drive lots and pay more – Driving more miles in a year’s time the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Many insurance companies apply a rate based on their usage. Autos that are left in the garage can be on a lower rate level than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Improper usage on your Accent may be costing you higher rates. Verify your declarations sheet states the right rating data.
Teenage driver insurance rates – More mature drivers have been proven to be more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims, and are safer drivers. Teen drivers are proven to get distracted easily in a vehicle so car insurance rates are higher.
The next chart is based on a single driver, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Discounts for multiple policies – Most major companies apply lower prices to people who consolidate policies with them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount applied, you still need to get quotes from other companies to help guarantee you have the best rates.
Your employer may affect rates – Do you have a high-stress occupation? Careers like fire fighters, air traffic controllers, and stock brokers tend to have higher premiums than the average policyholder due to high stress and extremely grueling work hours. On the other hand, occupations such as actors, athletes and homemakers receive lower rates.
Insurance loss probability for a Hyundai Accent – Insurance companies use past insurance losses to calculate a price that offsets possible losses. Models that statistically have higher frequency or amount of claims will have higher rates for specific coverages.
The information below illustrates the loss history for Hyundai Accent vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, as an average, is represented as 100. Values that are under 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while values that are above 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or statistically larger claims.
|Specific Hyundai Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Car insurance is not optional but you don’t have to overpay
Despite the high insurance cost for a Hyundai Accent in Indianapolis, maintaining insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Hyundai Accent with a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will require you to have insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may insure your Hyundai at a much higher rate and require you to fork over much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards both your car and your assets. It will also cover medical expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage also pays for attorney fees and expenses in the event you are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance more than cancel out the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. But the average American driver is overpaying over $869 every year so it’s recommended you shop around each time the policy renews to ensure rates are competitive.
Don’t give up on cheap premiums
While you’re price shopping online, it’s very important that you do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are a lot of situations where an insured cut liability coverage limits and found out when filing a claim that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your strategy should be to find the BEST coverage at the best cost and still be able to protect your assets.
People change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including high prices, denial of a claim, not issuing a premium refund or policy cancellation. Regardless of your reason, switching auto insurance companies is not as difficult as it may seem.
Some insurance companies may not have online rate quotes and these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through local independent agencies. Lower-priced auto insurance in Indianapolis is attainable on the web and with local Indianapolis insurance agents, so compare prices from both so you have a total pricing picture.
Additional auto insurance information can be found at these links:
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap Indianapolis Car Insurance Quotes for College Graduates? (FAQ)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)