It’s well known that car insurance companies don’t want customers comparing rates. Drivers who shop around for better prices are inclined to move their business because they stand a good chance of finding more affordable rates. A recent survey revealed that consumers who compared rate quotes regularly saved about $70 a month compared to people who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding the most affordable Hyundai Tiburon insurance in Indianapolis is why you’re here, then knowing the best way to shop and compare insurance can make it easier to shop your coverage around.
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get low-cost Hyundai Tiburon insurance in Indianapolis is to do an annual price comparison from providers in Indiana. Price quotes can be compared by following these steps.
Step 1: Try to learn about car insurance and the things you can change to prevent high rates. Many factors that increase rates like at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and an unacceptable credit rating can be eliminated by being financially responsible and driving safely.
Step 2: Obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can quote prices for many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save money and change companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
The most important part of this process is that you use similar limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get rate quotes from every company you can. This provides a level playing field and a complete price analysis.
The auto insurance companies shown below provide free quotes in Indiana. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you get prices from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
You Can Change Your Insurance Rates
One of the most helpful ways to save on car insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the things that are used to determine your car insurance rates. If you understand what controls the rates you pay, this enables informed choices that will entitle you to cheaper rates.
- Do you need those extra coverages? – Insurance policies have a lot of extra add-on coverages that you can get tricked into buying when buying car insurance. Insurance for things like rental car coverage, towing, and motor club memberships are some examples. These coverages may sound good when discussing your needs, but if they’re wasting money get rid of them and save.
- Annual mileage and car insurance costs – The higher the miles on your Hyundai every year the higher the price you pay to insure it. Most companies apply a rate based on their usage. Vehicles left parked in the garage receive lower rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. It’s always a good idea to double check that your declarations sheet is showing the right rating data, because it can save money. A policy that improperly rates your Tiburon is just wasting money.
- Pay more by driving carelessly – Having just one citation can increase the cost of insurance by twenty percent. Drivers who don’t get tickets receive lower rates than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers with dangerous citations such as reckless driving or DUI are required to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with the DMV in their state in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- Car insurance policy lapses increase premiums – Driving your car without having proper coverage is not a good idea and car insurance companies will penalize you for letting your insurance lapse for non-payment. And not only will your rates increase, failure to provide proof of insurance may result in fines and jail time. You may then be required to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Indiana motor vehicle department.
- Insure your auto and home with one company – Most major insurers will award lower prices to clients that buy multiple policies in the form of a multi-policy discount. Discounts can amount to ten percent or more. Even if you’re getting this discount you may still want to get quotes from other companies to help guarantee you have the best rates. Consumers may save even more than the discount even if you have your coverage with different companies
- Cut rates and deter theft – Selecting a car model with advanced anti-theft systems can save you a little every year. Theft prevention devices such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar help track and prevent auto theft and help lower rates.
- Pay more if you have a long commute – Being located in small towns and rural areas is a good thing when trying to find low car insurance rates. People in densely populated areas have more aggressive driving styles and higher rates of accident claims. Fewer drivers and short commutes means a lower chance of having an accident and a lower car theft rate.
- Frequent insurance claims will cost you – Car insurance companies in Indiana give discounts to people who file claims infrequently. If you file a lot of claims you can expect higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Your car insurance is designed for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
Three reasons to not skimp on insurance
Despite the high insurance cost for a Hyundai Tiburon in Indianapolis, insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability insurance if you want to drive legally. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, almost every bank will make it a condition of the loan that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Hyundai at an extremely high rate and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance protects your vehicle and your assets. Insurance will pay for most medical and hospital costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit in the event you are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your Tiburon definitely exceed the price paid, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is wasting up to $830 a year so you should quote rates at least once a year to ensure rates are competitive.