It’s safe to conclude that insurance companies want to prevent you from shopping around. Drivers who compare other prices will probably buy a different policy because of the high probability of finding better rates. A recent survey discovered that people who compared rates annually saved an average of $865 a year as compared to drivers who never shopped around.
If finding the cheapest price on insurance is the reason for your visit, knowing the best way to shop and compare coverage rates can help simplify the process.
It takes a little time, but the best way to find better pricing on auto insurance rates in Indianapolis is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from insurers who can sell car insurance in Indiana. This can be done by following these guidelines.
- Try to understand how insurance companies determine prices and the measures you can take to prevent rate increases. Many things that cause rate increases like distracted driving and a bad credit rating can be remedied by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Read the full article for tips to prevent high prices and find available discounts that you may qualify for.
- Compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can quote rates for many different companies.
- Compare the new rates to the premium of your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find a lower rate, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Tell your current agent or company to cancel the current policy. Submit the signed application along with the required initial payment to your new company or agent. As soon as you receive it, put the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in an easily accessible location.
A tip to remember is to make sure you’re comparing the same level of coverage on every quote and and to get price quotes from every insurance company. Doing this guarantees a level playing field and the best price selection.
Cheapest companies for Mercury Mariner insurance
The providers in the list below are ready to provide comparison quotes in Indianapolis, IN. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you click on several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Car insurance analysis for a Mercury Mariner
The information below outlines a range of coverage prices for Mercury Mariner models. Having insight into how prices are calculated helps drivers make decisions on which insurance to purchase.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Mariner Premier 2WD||$234||$428||$244||$14||$72||$992||$83|
|Mariner Hybrid 2WD||$234||$504||$286||$16||$86||$1,126||$94|
|Mariner Premier AWD||$264||$428||$244||$14||$72||$1,022||$85|
|Mariner Hybrid AWD||$264||$504||$286||$16||$86||$1,156||$96|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and claim-free. Premium amounts do not factor in specific Indianapolis garaging location which can raise or lower rates significantly.
The chart below shows how choosing a deductible and can raise or lower Mercury Mariner insurance premiums for different categories of driver ages. The costs are based on a married male driver, full coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Careless driving habits raise car insurance rates
The illustration below demonstrates how citations and at-fault claims can increase Mercury Mariner insurance costs for different age groups of insureds. The premiums are based on a single male driver, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
How much more does full coverage cost in Indianapolis?
The information below illustrates the difference between Mercury Mariner insurance rates with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in Indiana. The premiums are based on no accidents or driving violations, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
When to drop comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no set rule that works best for making the decision to drop comp and collision coverage, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than around 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s say your Mercury Mariner book value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most you would receive is $7,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are currently paying more than $700 annually for physical damage coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are a few situations where removing full coverage is not recommended. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you are required to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should keep full coverage.
Get cheap Mercury Mariner insurance in Indianapolis with discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don’t list all possible discounts very clearly, so the following is a list of a few of the more common and the harder-to-find credits available to you. If you do not check that you are getting every discount available, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Active Service Discounts – Being on active duty in the military could trigger a small discount.
- One Accident Forgiven – This one is not really a discount per se, but companies like State Farm and Progressive will let one accident slide before they charge you more for coverage if you have no claims prior to being involved in the accident.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Mature drivers may be able to get reduced rates.
- Multiple Cars – Buying a policy with multiple vehicles with the same company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By paying your entire bill at once as opposed to paying monthly you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Resident Student – Kids who live away from home to go to college and do not take a car to college could qualify for this discount.
- Telematics Devices – Insureds that choose to allow their car insurance company to monitor driving habits remotely like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm could possibly reduce rates if they show good driving skills.
- Membership in Organizations – Participating in specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could trigger savings when getting a Indianapolis car insurance quote.
- Life Insurance – Insurance carriers who offer life insurance give a discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
Keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Even though the math looks like you can get free auto insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way.
The example below illustrates the difference between Mercury Mariner car insurance costs with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The data is based on a female driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, Indiana state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, multi-car, safe-driver, multi-policy, marriage, and homeowner discounts applied.
Some of the larger companies that possibly offer some of the discounts shown above include:
When getting a coverage quote, ask all companies you are considering which discounts you may be entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be available to policyholders in Indianapolis. To view car insurance companies with the best Mercury Mariner insurance discounts in Indiana, click here.
You may need advice from an insurance agency
Some people still prefer to talk to a local agent. Professional insurance agents are highly skilled in risk management and help in the event of a claim. One of the benefits of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheap car insurance quotes and still have a local agent.
After filling out this short form, your insurance data is submitted to local insurance agents in Indianapolis that give free quotes for your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to leave your house due to the fact that quote results will go to you. If you wish to compare prices from a specific car insurance provider, you just need to visit that company’s website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding the right provider shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price quote. These are valid questions to ask:
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- How long have they been in business?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
Exclusive and independent Indianapolis auto insurance agents
If you prefer to buy car insurance from a reliable insurance agent, there are a couple of different types of agents and how they work. Agents can either be independent agents or exclusive agents. Either one can write car insurance policies, but it’s a good idea to understand how they are different because it can influence which type of agent you select.
Exclusive insurance agents can only place business with one company and examples are Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company’s prices so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive insurance agents are well schooled on the products they sell which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Below is a list of exclusive agencies in Indianapolis who may provide you with comparison quotes.
These type of agents are not employed by any specific company and that enables them to quote your coverage with multiple insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If prices rise, your policy is moved internally which is easy for the insured.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you absolutely need to get quotes from independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison.
Below is a list of independent agents in Indianapolis that are able to give comparison quotes.
Upon getting good answers to any questions you may have as well as cheap Mariner insurance quotes, you’ve probably found an auto insurance agent that is reputable and can properly insure your vehicles.
The lowest rates come from being thorough
Budget-conscious Mercury Mariner insurance is available on the web as well as from insurance agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies may not provide internet price quotes and usually these smaller companies work with independent agencies.
As you shop your coverage around, do not buy poor coverage just to save money. There are a lot of situations where someone sacrificed full coverage only to discover later that they should have had better coverage. The aim is to buy the best coverage you can find at an affordable rate, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Even more information is located in these articles:
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Indianapolis Auto Insurance Rates for Postal Workers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Indianapolis Car Insurance Rates for 16 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)