Smart shoppers know that insurance companies don’t want customers comparing rates. People who shop around for better prices will most likely buy a different policy because of the good chance of finding a lower-cost company. A recent survey found that consumers who did price comparisons regularly saved approximately $3,500 over four years compared to policyholders who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding the best rates on auto insurance is why you’re reading this, learning the best ways to find and compare car insurance can help you succeed in finding affordable rates.
The most effective way to find cheaper quotes for Nissan Sentra insurance in Indianapolis is to do a yearly price comparison from providers in Indiana.
- Step 1: Read and learn about car insurance and the measures you can control to keep rates in check. Many rating factors that drive up the price like traffic citations and a less-than-favorable credit history can be controlled by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Step 2: Request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote prices from many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your existing policy to see if cheaper Sentra coverage is available in Indianapolis. If you can save some money, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Step 4: Notify your current company of your intention to cancel your current policy and submit a down payment along with a signed application to your new insurance company. When you receive it, keep the new certificate of insurance in your glove compartment.
One tip to remember is to use identical deductibles and limits on each price quote and and to look at as many carriers as you can. This enables a fair rate comparison and the best rate selection.
Buying affordable auto insurance in Indianapolis can be easy if you know a few tricks. If you’re already insured or want to find a cheaper company, you can follow these tips to reduce premiums without sacrificing coverage. Smart shoppers just have to know the most efficient way to shop for auto insurance on the web.
Affordable Indianapolis Nissan Sentra insurance quotes online
Lowering your Nissan Sentra auto insurance rates doesn’t have to be difficult. Consumers just need to take the time to compare rates to see which company has inexpensive Indianapolis car insurance quotes.
The following companies are ready to provide price comparisons in Indianapolis, IN. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Save money by taking advantage of discounts
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but there are discounts available that many people don’t even know exist. A few discounts will be applied when you get a quote, but occasionally some discounts must be specifically requested before you get the savings.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can qualify for discounts as much as 30%.
- Good Students Pay Less – Being a good student can earn a discount of 20% or more. The discount lasts up until you turn 25.
- Government Employee Discount – Active or former government employment may reduce rates when you quote Indianapolis car insurance but check with your company.
- Own a Home – Just owning your own home can save a few bucks because it is proof that your finances are in order.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you combine your home and auto policies and insure them both with the same insurance company they may give you a discount of as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Theft Deterrent – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are stolen less frequently and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Professional Organizations – Affiliation with qualifying employment or professional organizations is a simple method to lower premiums on your policy.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to buckle up could save 15% off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Drivers Education – Cut your cost by having your teen driver successfully complete driver’s ed class in school.
Policy discounts save money, but some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Just because it seems like you can get free auto insurance, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous. But any discount will definitely lower your overall premium however.
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Nissan Sentra insurance costs with and without policy discounts. The price estimates are based on a female driver, no claims or driving violations, Indiana state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, marriage, homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-car discounts applied.
A few popular companies and their offered discounts include:
- State Farm may offer discounts for student away at school, accident-free, passive restraint, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good student, and driver’s education.
- GEICO has discounts for military active duty, multi-policy, anti-lock brakes, membership and employees, and defensive driver.
- Allstate offers discounts including eSmart discount, good student, premier discount, FullPay discount, new car, and auto/life discount.
- SAFECO has savings for drive less, teen safe driver, anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, homeowner, multi-car, and accident prevention training.
- Farm Bureau policyholders can earn discounts including youthful driver, multi-vehicle, good student, safe driver, multi-policy, and 55 and retired.
- Progressive discounts include continuous coverage, homeowner, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, online signing, and good student.
- AAA may have discounts that include anti-theft, AAA membership discount, multi-car, good student, good driver, and education and occupation.
Double check with all companies you are considering what discounts are available to you. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policies in Indianapolis. To locate providers with the best discounts in Indiana, click here.
Insurance rate breakdown
The coverage table shown below covers detailed analysis of insurance premium costs for Nissan Sentra models. Having knowledge of how auto insurance prices are figured can assist in making decisions when shopping your coverage around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Sentra 2.0 S||$118||$288||$264||$16||$80||$766||$64|
|Sentra 2.0 SR||$118||$288||$264||$16||$80||$766||$64|
|Sentra 2.0 SL||$136||$288||$264||$16||$80||$784||$65|
|Sentra SE-R SPEC V||$136||$332||$264||$16||$80||$828||$69|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, claim-free, multi-policy, and homeowner. Information does not factor in specific garaging location which can lower or raise coverage rates noticeably.
The illustration below shows how choosing a deductible and can change Nissan Sentra insurance rates for each different age category. The premiums are based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Insurance rates are higher with tickets and accidents
The chart below highlights how traffic violations and at-fault claims can influence Nissan Sentra car insurance rates for each different age group. The rates are based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Full coverage rates compared to liability-only
The chart below compares Nissan Sentra auto insurance costs with full coverage compared to only the Indiana minimum liability coverage. The premiums are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, single status, and no other discounts are factored in.
Should you be buying full coverage?
There is no definitive guideline that is best for determining when to drop physical damage coverage, but there is a guideline you can use. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is more than around 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s assume your Nissan Sentra replacement cost is $5,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, you would only receive $4,000 after paying your deductible. If it’s costing you more than $400 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are a few situations where only buying liability is not advised. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Find Nissan Sentra Insurance at a Discount
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the different types of things that are used to determine your auto insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively influences your rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that can earn you much lower annual insurance costs.
The following are some of the factors used by your company to calculate your prices.
Never go without auto insurance – Having an insurance coverage lapse will be a fast way to increase your auto insurance rates. And not only will your rates increase, not being able to provide proof of insurance may earn you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license. You may then be required to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Indiana DMV.
Improve your credit rating and save – A driver’s credit score is a large factor in determining what you pay. People that have very high credit ratings tend to be less risk to insure than drivers with worse credit. So if your credit score is low, you may save money insuring your Nissan Sentra if you clean up your credit.
Advanced theft deterrents – Owning a car with a theft deterrent system can save you some money. Anti-theft devices such as OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms help track and prevent auto theft and help lower rates.
Pay more for higher performance vehicles – The type of vehicle you are buying insurance for makes a substantial difference in your car insurance bill. The best insurance prices are for smaller low performance passenger cars, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price.
The following data uses these assumptions: married male driver age 20, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It illustrates Nissan Sentra insurance rates compared to other models that have a range of performance risks.
Age of drivers impacts prices – Drivers with little experience are known to be easily distracted in a vehicle so auto insurance rates are higher. Parents adding a beginning driver to your auto insurance policy can be quite pricey. Older insureds are more cautious drivers, cause fewer claims and accidents, and receive fewer citations.
The chart below is based on a single driver, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Small claims can cost you – If you are a frequent claim filer, you can look forward to either higher rates or even cancellation. Car insurance companies in Indiana provide better rates to people who are not frequent claim filers. Auto insurance is meant to be used in the event of larger claims.
Liability protection – Liability insurance will provide protection if a jury decides you are liable for personal injury or accident damage. Your liability coverage provides for a legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability insurance is pretty cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so buy as much as you can afford.
Nissan Sentra insurance loss statistics – Auto insurance companies take into consideration historical loss data for every vehicle to determine a price that will be profitable for them. Models that tend to have increased claim numbers or amounts will have higher rates.
The table shown below demonstrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Nissan Sentra vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles compiled together is considered to be 100. Values below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while values that are above 100 show a trend for more claims or an increased probability of a larger loss.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years