Shocking but true, about 70% of customers kept their policy with the same company for over three years, and 38% of customers have never compared insurance rates at all. Most drivers in Indianapolis could cut their rates by approximately $700 a year just by comparing rates, but they don’t believe how much they could save if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
Truthfully, the best way to get cheaper auto insurance rates in Indianapolis is to regularly compare price quotes from companies who can sell car insurance in Indiana. Prices can be compared by following these steps.
Step 1: Gain an understanding of how companies price auto insurance and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that cause rate increases such as traffic citations, accidents, and a poor credit score can be eliminated by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
Step 2: Request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote prices from multiple sources. View a list of agents
Step 3: Compare the new rates to your existing rates to determine if you can save on Clarity insurance in Indianapolis. If you find a better price and decide to switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
Step 4: Notify your company or agent of your intent to cancel your current coverage. Submit payment and a completed application for the new coverage. As soon as coverage is bound, keep the new proof of insurance paperwork along with your vehicle registration.
One important bit of advice is to use the same liability limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get rate quotes from as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this helps ensure a level playing field and maximum price selection.
The quickest method to get policy rate comparisons for Honda Clarity insurance in Indianapolis is to realize auto insurance companies participate in online systems to compare rate quotes. The only thing you need to do is provide information including types of safety features, the type of vehicles you drive, how you use your vehicles, and if you lease or own. That rating information is instantly sent to many highly-rated insurers and they return cost estimate quickly.
If you would like to start a quote now, click here and complete the form.
The companies shown below provide free quotes in Indiana. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Why car insurance is not optional
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Honda Clarity in Indianapolis, insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability coverage if you want to drive legally. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Honda Clarity, almost every bank will have a requirement that you buy insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may buy a policy for your Honda for a much higher rate and require you to fork over for the much more expensive policy.
- Car insurance preserves your vehicle and your assets. It also can pay for hospital and medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay to defend you if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially with large liability claims. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver overpays as much as $855 a year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison at least once a year to save money.
You may qualify for discounts for Honda Clarity insurance in Indianapolis
Companies don’t necessarily list the entire discount list in a way that’s easy to find, so the following list contains both well-publicized and also the more inconspicuous insurance savings.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Insureds who allow driving data submission to monitor driving manner by using a telematics device such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate could possibly reduce rates if their driving habits are good.
- Professional Memberships – Belonging to a civic or occupational organization in Indianapolis can get you a small discount when getting a Indianapolis car insurance quote.
- Accident Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories have much lower rates when compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Maintaining low annual mileage could earn substantially lower rates.
- Multi-car Discount – Having more than one vehicle with the same insurance company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have steering control and anti-lock brakes prevent accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- New Vehicle Savings – Buying a new car instead of a used Clarity can save up to 30% because newer models are generally safer.
- Good Driver Discounts – Safe drivers can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Driver Safety – Taking a driver safety course could cut 5% off your bill depending on where you live.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By paying your entire bill at once rather than paying monthly you could save up to 5%.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Despite the fact that it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, nobody gets a free ride.
The best insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are shown below.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include multi-car, bundle discounts, switch companies, electronic funds transfer, and business and professional.
- Esurance policyholders can earn discounts including anti-lock brakes, multi-policy, Pac-12 alumni, defensive driver, DriveSense, and multi-car.
- State Farm may have discounts that include passive restraint, anti-theft, multiple autos, defensive driving training, multiple policy, driver’s education, and good student.
- GEICO offers discounts including emergency military deployment, federal employee, air bags, multi-vehicle, military active duty, and five-year accident-free.
- Allstate offers discounts for anti-theft, multi-policy, utility vehicle, teenSMART discount, farm vehicle, premier discount, and early signing.
When getting a coverage quote, ask all companies you are considering which discounts can lower your rates. Some credits may not be offered in your state. If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies who offer cheap Honda Clarity insurance quotes in Indiana, click here.
When do I need to talk to a local insurance agent?
A small number of people would prefer to visit with an insurance agent. One of the great benefits of price shopping on the web is you can get cheaper prices but still work with a licensed agent. And providing support for neighborhood agents is definitely important in Indianapolis.
After completing this short form, your information is immediately sent to local insurance agents who will give you quotes for your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to even leave your home because quoted prices will be sent to you. It’s the lowest rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you wish to get a price quote from a specific company, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
When looking for a local Indianapolis insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agencies in Indianapolis can be categorized as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type are not employed by one company and that allows them to write policies with any number of different companies and find the cheapest rate. If your premiums go up, your agent can just switch to a different company and you won’t have to switch agencies. When searching for an agent, we recommend you get quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to have the most options to choose from.
Shown below is a partial list of independent agencies in Indianapolis that may be able to provide free car insurance quotes.
Exclusive insurance agents can only place business with one company such as Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive insurance agents are very knowledgeable on the products they sell which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Indianapolis that are able to give comparison quotes.
Frances Johnson – State Farm Insurance Agent
5707 N Michigan Rd – Indianapolis, IN 46228 – (317) 257-3504 – View Map
Finding a good insurance agency requires you to look at more than just a cheap price. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Indiana?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Indianapolis?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
If you get positive feedback to any questions you may have as well as an affordable premium quote, you have narrowed it down to an insurance agent that is reputable and can properly service your car insurance policy. Keep in mind it’s your coverage and you can cancel your coverage whenever you choose to so never assume that you are obligated to any particular company for any length of time.
Smart shoppers get results
Discount Honda Clarity insurance in Indianapolis is definitely available online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should be comparing both so you have a total pricing picture. Some companies don’t offer the ability to get a quote online and usually these smaller companies prefer to sell through local independent agencies.
As you shop your coverage around, make sure you don’t sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are a lot of situations where someone sacrificed liability coverage limits only to regret at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. The ultimate goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at the lowest possible cost.
Additional learning opportunities
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Young Drivers in Indianapolis? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Camry in Indianapolis? (FAQ)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)