It’s an obvious statement that insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. People who shop around for a cheaper policy are very likely to buy a new policy because there is a good probability of finding coverage at a more affordable price. A recent insurance study revealed that people who compared prices regularly saved as much as $72 a month as compared to drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If saving the most money on Subaru Crosstrek insurance is why you’re here, then having some insight into how to find companies and compare car insurance can make it easier to find better rates.
It takes a little time, but the best way to get budget car insurance rates in Indianapolis is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from insurance carriers who can sell car insurance in Indiana. Price quotes can be compared by following these steps.
- First, gain an understanding of what coverages are included in your policy and the modifications you can make to keep rates in check. Many rating factors that increase rates like speeding tickets, accidents and poor credit rating can be remedied by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. This article provides information to prevent high rates and get bigger discounts that may have been overlooked.
- Second, quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote rates from multiple companies.
- Third, compare the price quotes to your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a better price and buy the policy, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Fourth, tell your current company of your intent to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit payment and a completed application for your new coverage. Don’t forget to store the proof of insurance certificate along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to try to use similar deductibles and liability limits on every quote and to quote with as many companies as possible. This provides a fair price comparison and the best rate selection.
Finding and comparing the best policy in Indianapolis is easy if you know what you’re doing. Nearly anyone who buys insurance should find lower prices. Although Indiana car owners should learn how the larger insurance companies determine how much to charge.
The quickest way to compare rate quotes for Subaru Crosstrek insurance in Indianapolis is to realize most larger insurance companies have advanced systems to compare rate quotes. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is provide details including your general credit rating, if you’re married, how many miles driven, and if it has an anti-theft system. Your information is submitted instantly to multiple companies and you should receive rate quotes instantly to find the best rate.
To start a quote now, click here and see if a lower rate is available in Indianapolis.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer free quotes in Indianapolis, IN. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get the cheapest price.
Auto insurance discounts help lower rates for Subaru Crosstrek insurance in Indianapolis
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but there may be some discounts that you may not know about. Certain reductions will be credited when you quote, but some need to be asked about in order for you to get them. If you don’t get every credit available, you could be getting lower rates.
- Employee of Federal Government – Being employed by or retired from a federal job may reduce rates when you quote Indianapolis auto insurance with some auto insurance companies.
- Life Insurance – Companies who offer life insurance give better premium rates if you take out life insurance from them.
- Seat Belts Save – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt may be able to save a few bucks on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Renewal Discounts – A few larger companies allow discounts for signing up prior to the expiration date on your current Crosstrek insurance policy. It could save around 10% when you buy Indianapolis auto insurance online.
- Accident Waiver – Not a discount per se, but some companies like State Farm and GEICO allow you one accident without raising rates if your claims history is clear prior to being involved in the accident.
- College Student – College-age children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Indianapolis and leave their car at home could qualify for this discount.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you combine your homeowners and auto policies and insure them both with the same insurance company you may save at least 10% off all policies.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Cars that have air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can qualify for discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Claim-Free Discount – Drivers who don’t have accidents are rewarded with significantly better rates on Indianapolis auto insurance quote as opposed to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
As a footnote on discounts, some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though you would think you could get a free auto insurance policy, that’s just not realistic.
A list of auto insurance companies and some of the discounts are detailed below.
- Farm Bureau has savings for youthful driver, renewal discount, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, 55 and retired, safe driver, and driver training.
- MetLife offers discounts for defensive driver, claim-free, multi-policy, good student, accident-free, good driver
- Progressive includes discounts for homeowner, online quote discount, multi-policy, good student, online signing, multi-vehicle, and continuous coverage.
- AAA may offer discounts for education and occupation, pay-in-full, good driver, multi-car, AAA membership discount, good student, and multi-policy.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including Steer into Savings, multi-vehicle, accident-free, early bird, and defensive driver.
- GEICO may have discounts that include defensive driver, anti-lock brakes, multi-policy, daytime running lights, seat belt use, membership and employees, and military active duty.
- State Farm discounts include Steer Clear safe driver discount, defensive driving training, accident-free, Drive Safe & Save, good driver, passive restraint, and safe vehicle.
If you are trying to find inexpensive Indianapolis auto insurance quotes, ask every insurance company how you can save money. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policyholders in your state. To view insurance companies offering auto insurance discounts in Indianapolis, click this link.
Should I get advice from an agent?
A lot of people still like to go talk to an agent and doing that can be a smart decision An additional benefit of getting online price quotes is you may find better rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from neighborhood agents is still important in Indianapolis.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, your insurance data is emailed to local insurance agents that give free quotes for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to contact any agents as quotes are delivered to you. You can find the lowest rates without having to waste a lot of time. If for some reason you want to compare prices from a specific company, you can always find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Best car insurance agent in Indianapolis
If you are wanting to find local Indianapolis agents, you need to know there are two different agency structures to choose from. Indianapolis agents are considered either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Independent Car Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Agents in the independent channel do not write with just one company so they can insure your vehicles with any number of different companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If they find a cheaper price, the agent simply finds a different carrier which is easy for the insured. If you need lower rates, we recommend you get quotes from a couple of independent agencies to get the most accurate price comparison.
Listed below is a short list of independent agents in Indianapolis that can give you free price quotes.
Indiana Discount Insurance
5502 N Keystone Ave – Indianapolis, IN 46220 – (317) 863-0349 – View Map
Nationwide Insurance: Brelage Insurance Agency Inc
5451 Emerson Way – Indianapolis, IN 46226 – (317) 591-2660 – View Map
Agents of this type write business for a single company such as Allstate and State Farm. They usually cannot shop your coverage around so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive insurance agents are well trained on their company’s products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Below are exclusive agents in Indianapolis willing to provide price quote information.
Jim Grounds – State Farm Insurance Agent
4745 Statesmen Dr d – Indianapolis, IN 46250 – (317) 842-6807 – View Map
Selecting an insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a low price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Does their agency support local causes in Indianapolis?
Upon receiving good feedback to all your questions and inexpensive Subaru Crosstrek insurance in Indianapolis quotes, you may have just found a car insurance agent that meets the criteria to service your policy. But remember, you have the power to cancel your coverage whenever you wish so don’t assume you are locked into any specific company indefinitely.
Lower Your Indianapolis Insurance Prices
Part of the car insurance buying process is learning a few of the rating criteria that come into play when calculating the price you pay for car insurance. If you understand what impacts premium levels, this enables informed choices that will entitle you to big savings. Lots of things are taken into consideration when premium rates are determined. Some of the criteria are obvious like your driving record, although some other factors are not quite as obvious such as your credit history or your financial responsibility.
The list below includes some of the most common factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set prices.
Marriage can save on car insurance – Having a significant other may cut your premiums on your car insurance policy. Having a spouse translates into being more stable financially and insurance companies reward insureds because drivers who are married are more cautious.
Alarm systems save money – Buying a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help bring down rates. Theft prevention devices like vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all aid in stopping vehicle theft.
With age comes responsibility – Mature drivers tend to be more responsible, file fewer claims, and usually have better credit. Teen drivers are proven to get distracted easily when at the wheel of a vehicle and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher.
A good credit score can save money – Having a good credit score factor in calculating your premium rate. If your credit score can be improved, you could potentially save money when insuring your Subaru Crosstrek by improving your rating. People that have high credit ratings tend to be more responsible as compared to drivers with lower ratings.
Bump up deductibles to lower rates – Coverage for physical damage, aka comp and collision, protects your Subaru from damage. Examples of some claims that would be covered are a broken side mirror, damage caused by hail, and damage from a fallen tree branch. The deductibles you choose are how much you are willing to pay out-of-pocket before your car insurance pays a claim. The more expense you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the bigger discount you will receive.
Frequent car insurance claims will increase rates – Car insurance companies in Indiana award better rates to policyholders who file claims infrequently. If you file claims often, you can expect either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Your insurance policy is meant to be used in the event of claims that pose a financial burden.
Gender and car insurance prices – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown that females tend to be a little less risky than males. However, this does not mean men are WORSE drivers than women. They both are in accidents at a similar rate, but men cause more damage. Men also receive more major tickets such as DWI and reckless driving. Young men ages 16 to 20 are several times more likely to be in an accident so they pay the highest premiums.
Your vocation can affect prices – Jobs like doctors, air traffic controllers, and financial analysts have the highest average rates due to high stress and lengthy work days. On the other hand, occupations like scientists, students and the unemployed have lower than average premiums.
Three main reasons to buy car insurance
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Indianapolis, maintaining insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability insurance in order to drive the car. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Crosstrek, more than likely the lender will require that you have physical damage coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the lender may insure your Subaru at a much higher premium rate and require you to fork over for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your Subaru and your assets. It will also provide coverage for medical transport and hospital expenses incurred in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying car insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially for larger claims. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $865 each year so you should quote rates each time the policy renews to be sure current rates are still competitive.
What is YOUR best insurance company?
We just covered quite a bit of information on how to find cheap Subaru Crosstrek insurance in Indianapolis. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the better likelihood of getting affordable Indianapolis auto insurance quotes. You may even find the biggest savings come from a smaller regional carrier. They may often insure only within specific states and give better rates than their larger competitors like State Farm and Allstate.
When you buy Indianapolis auto insurance online, do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many situations where someone sacrificed collision coverage only to find out that they should have had better coverage. Your strategy should be to get the best coverage possible for the lowest cost, not the least amount of coverage.
For more information, link through to the following helpful articles:
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for a Honda Accord in Indianapolis? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Rogue in Indianapolis? (FAQ)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)