If you want to save the most money, the best way to get low-cost Chevy TrailBlazer insurance is to compare prices once a year from insurance carriers who sell insurance in Indianapolis. Drivers can shop around by following these steps.
- Step 1: Spend a few minutes and learn about how car insurance works and the measures you can control to prevent rate increases. Many rating factors that result in higher prices such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a substandard credit score can be rectified by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Continue reading for the details to help keep prices low and find possible discounts that are available.
- Step 2: Obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide prices for a wide range of companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium and determine if cheaper TrailBlazer coverage is available in Indianapolis. If you can save money and change companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Give notification to your agent or company of your intent to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit the application along with any required down payment to your new insurance company. Immediately upon receiving it, safely store the certificate verifying coverage with your registration paperwork.
A tip to remember is to use similar coverage information on each price quote and and to get rates from as many companies as possible. Doing this ensures an accurate price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
It goes without saying that insurance companies don’t want you comparing rates. People who shop around for cheaper prices will presumably switch companies because the odds are good of finding a lower-cost company. Remarkably, a study showed that drivers who did price comparisons regularly saved about $860 a year compared to those who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding the best rates on Chevy TrailBlazer insurance is the reason you’re here, then knowing the best ways to find and compare insurance premiums can make shopping around easier.
The intent of this article is to let you in on the most effective ways to compare rates and some tips to save money. If you have auto insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to get lower rates using this strategy. But Indiana drivers must learn how companies set your policy premium.
Cheap Indianapolis Chevy TrailBlazer insurance price quotes
The are a couple different ways to compare rate quotes from insurance companies in your area. The easiest way to comparison shop involves getting comparison quotes online.
When quoting insurance, remember that comparing all the rates in your area increases the chance that you will find lower pricing. Some companies don’t provide rate quotes online, so you should also compare quotes on coverage from those companies, too.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide quotes in Indiana. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you get rates from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Three good reasons to insure your vehicle
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Indianapolis, paying for insurance is required for several reasons.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability insurance in order to be legal. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lienholder, more than likely the lender will have a requirement that you have full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may insure your Chevy at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay for it.
- Insurance protects your car and your assets. It will also cover most medical and hospital costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially when you need to use it. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is overpaying more than $850 per year so it’s recommended you shop around at every policy renewal to save money.
These discounts can lower your insurance rates
Insurance can be pricey, but there could be available discounts to help offset the cost. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you get a quote, but some discounts are required to be specially asked for before you will receive the discount.
- First Accident Forgiveness – Not necessarily a discount, but a few companies such as Allstate, Progressive, and GEICO allow you one accident without the usual rate increase with the catch being you have to be claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
- Save with a New Car – Insuring a vehicle that is new can save up to 30% because newer models keep occupants safer.
- Drive Safe and Save – Accident-free drivers can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than drivers with accidents.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Insureds who allow data collection to scrutinize driving manner by using a telematic data system like Allstate’s Drivewise could possibly reduce rates if they are good drivers.
- Early Payment Discounts – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of making monthly payments you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Have your child take driver’s ed class in high school.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Clubs and Organizations – Being in a qualifying organization could earn you a nice discount on insurance.
- Homeowners Savings – Simply owning a home can get you a discount because of the fact that having a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts may get savings of 20 to 30 percent.
Discounts save money, but please remember that some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though you would think adding up those discounts means a free policy, insurance companies aren’t that generous.
Large insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are shown below.
- State Farm has discounts for driver’s education, accident-free, passive restraint, defensive driving training, Drive Safe & Save, and safe vehicle.
- GEICO has savings for emergency military deployment, seat belt use, driver training, five-year accident-free, and anti-lock brakes.
- Progressive offers discounts including online signing, homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, good student, and online quote discount.
- 21st Century offers discounts for student driver, air bags, theft prevention, driver training, good student, anti-lock brakes, and 55 and older.
- American Family may have discounts that include good student, mySafetyValet, Steer into Savings, multi-vehicle, and defensive driver.
- The Hartford may include discounts for air bag, driver training, anti-theft, vehicle fuel type, bundle, defensive driver, and good student.
- AAA discounts include multi-policy, good driver, multi-car, anti-theft, good student, and education and occupation.
If you need cheaper Indianapolis auto insurance quotes, ask every insurance company how many discounts you can get. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be available to policyholders in every state. If you would like to view providers that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Indianapolis, click here.
Insurance agents near you
Some people would prefer to visit with an insurance agent. The biggest benefit of comparing rates online is that you can obtain the best rates and still have an agent to talk to. Supporting local agents is especially important in Indianapolis.
Once you complete this quick form, your information is sent to agents in your area that can give you free Indianapolis auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to even leave your home because quoted prices will be sent to your email. It’s the lowest rates without requiring a lot of work. If you need to get a rate quote from a particular provider, just find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Types of car insurance agents
If you are searching for a local Indianapolis insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agents and how they can service your needs differently. Insurance agencies in Indianapolis are classified as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Independent Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents of this type are not limited to a single company and that enables them to quote your coverage with many different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply switch companies in-house and you don’t have to do anything. When comparing rates, we recommend you compare quotes from several independent agencies in order to compare the most rates. A lot of them also have access to different regional companies which may provide better rates.
Below is a small list of independent agents in Indianapolis that may be able to give you free rate quotes.
- Owens Insurance Agency
N Alabama St #350 – Indianapolis, IN 46204 – (317) 572-8080 – View Map
- The George Group
5627 S Franklin Rd – Indianapolis, IN 46239 – (317) 862-2200 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Brelage Insurance Agency Inc
5451 Emerson Way – Indianapolis, IN 46226 – (317) 591-2660 – View Map
Exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company and some examples include State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents are unable to place coverage with different providers so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on sales techniques which can be an advantage. A lot of people use the same agent primarily because of the brand legacy rather than having low rates.
Listed below are exclusive agencies in Indianapolis willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Brandon Libunao – State Farm Insurance Agent
1014 Prospect St – Indianapolis, IN 46203 – (317) 783-3391 – View Map
- Leland Brown Sr. – State Farm Insurance Agent
5936 N Keystone Ave #201 – Indianapolis, IN 46220 – (317) 251-1400 – View Map
- Jim Crinklaw – State Farm Insurance Agent
9423 Pendleton Pike – Indianapolis, IN 46236 – (317) 897-6129 – View Map
Picking the best insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the quoted price. The following questions are important to ask.
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
When to get professional advice
When choosing coverage online or from an agent for your personal vehicles, there really isn’t a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining if your insurance needs may require specific advice.
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- Is my trailer covered?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- What does medical payments coverage do?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
More quotes mean more car insurance savings
While you’re price shopping online, it’s not a good idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. Too many times, someone dropped full coverage and found out when filing a claim that it was a big error on their part. Your strategy should be to buy the best coverage you can find at an affordable rate, but do not skimp to save money.
Affordable Chevy TrailBlazer insurance in Indianapolis can be sourced online as well as from independent agents in Indianapolis, and you should be comparing both to get a complete price analysis. There are still a few companies who don’t offer online price quotes and many times these small, regional companies only sell coverage through local independent agents.
You just learned a lot of tips how to reduce Chevy TrailBlazer insurance rates online in Indianapolis. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers may even find the best rates are with some of the lesser-known companies.
For more information, link through to the resources below:
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- Who Has Cheap Indianapolis Auto Insurance for Infrequent Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for High Mileage Drivers in Indianapolis? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Indianapolis Auto Insurance for Electric Cars? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Felons in Indianapolis? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Indianapolis Car Insurance Quotes for Business Use? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Unemployed Drivers in Indianapolis? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Teenagers in Indianapolis? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Indianapolis Car Insurance Quotes for a GMC Sierra? (FAQ)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)