Want to learn how to buy more affordable car insurance rates in Indianapolis, IN? Indianapolis shoppers have lots of choices when shopping for low-cost Honda CR-Z insurance. You can either spend your time driving around getting price quotes or save time using the internet to get rate quotes.
There is a right way and a wrong way to compare car insurance rates and we’ll show you the absolute fastest way to get price quotes for a Honda and locate the lowest possible price.
It’s safe to assume that car insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. Consumers who shop around for the cheapest rate will, in all likelihood, switch companies because there is a good chance of finding a cheaper policy. A recent survey revealed that drivers who did price comparisons regularly saved approximately $3,450 over four years as compared to drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding the best rates on auto insurance in Indianapolis is your objective, then having a grasp of the best way to shop and compare insurance coverage can help make the process easier.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Indianapolis, IN. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit as many as you can to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
These discounts can lower Honda CR-Z insurance rates
Some companies do not advertise the complete list of policy discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the next list breaks down some of the best known and also the more inconspicuous car insurance savings.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Select insurance carriers reward you with a small discount if you purchase some life insurance too.
- Senior Citizens – Mature drivers may qualify for a discount up to 10%.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Insureds that choose to allow their company to look at driving patterns through the use of a telematics system such as Progressive’s Snapshot might see lower rates if their driving habits are good.
- Accident Forgiveness – This isn’t a discount exactly, but companies like Allstate and Progressive may permit one accident without getting socked with a rate hike so long as you haven’t had any claims for a certain period of time.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Require your teen driver to successfully complete driver’s ed class if offered at their school.
- Indianapolis Homeowners Pay Less – Owning a home in Indianapolis can help you save on car insurance since home ownership requires personal responsibility.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers who don’t get into accidents may receive a discount up to 45% than their less cautious counterparts.
- Distant Student – Children who are attending college and do not have access to a covered vehicle can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Good Students Pay Less – Maintaining excellent grades may save you up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students until age 25.
- Renewal Discounts – A few car insurance companies offer discounts for buying a new policy early. You can save around 10% with this discount.
Don’t be shocked that many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though you would think all those discounts means the company will pay you, that’s just not realistic.
A partial list of companies that may include these discounts may include but are not limited to:
When getting a coverage quote, ask each company what discounts are available to you. Discounts may not apply in your area. If you would like to see a list of insurers who offer cheap Honda CR-Z insurance quotes in Indiana, click this link.
Informed Drivers Can Slash Their Insurance Premiums
Consumers need to have an understanding of a few of the rating criteria that help determine the level of your policy premiums. If you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to better car insurance rates. Lots of things are considered when quoting car insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like your driving record, but others are more obscure such as your credit history or your vehicle rating.
- Coverage lapses lead to higher car insurance rates – Driving without insurance coverage in place can get your license suspended and car insurance companies will penalize you for letting your coverage have a gap. In addition to paying higher rates, not being able to provide proof of insurance could result in fines or a revoked license.
- Know your vehicle’s crash test rating – Cars with high safety ratings get lower rates. Vehicles engineered for safety have better occupant injury protection and fewer serious injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims which can mean better rates for you.
- Careless driving means higher prices – Getting just one driving citation can increase the cost of insurance to the point where it’s not affordable. Drivers who don’t get tickets receive lower rates as compared to careless drivers. People who have careless violations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may find they need to maintain a SR-22 to the state department of motor vehicles in order to keep their license.
- Save money with theft deterrents – Choosing to buy a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can earn a premium discount. Anti-theft features such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all help stop car theft.
Honda CR-Z historical loss data – Car insurance companies analyze past claim statistics when they set coverage costs for each model. Models that historically have increased claim numbers or amounts will be charged more to insure. The table shown below demonstrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Honda CR-Z vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles combined as an average is represented as 100. Percentages below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while percentages above 100 point to more claims or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Honda CR-Z Models Specific Honda Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Honda CR-Z Hybrid 106 87 83 98BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Local Indianapolis insurance agencies
Certain consumers would rather talk to an insurance agent and often times that is recommended Professional insurance agents are very good at helping people manage risk and will help you if you have claims. A good thing about comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find lower rates but still work with a licensed agent. Putting coverage with local insurance agencies is still important in Indianapolis.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, the coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents who will return price quotes to get your business. You won’t even need to find an agent because prices are sent instantly to you. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a specific company, you just need to go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
If you want to buy car insurance from local Indianapolis agents, there are two different types of agents from which to choose. Car insurance agencies can be classified as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either type can do a good job, but it’s worth mentioning how they differ because it can impact your selection of an agent.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
These agents can quote rates with many companies so as a result can place your coverage with many different companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they simply move your policy to a different company which requires no work on your part.
If you need lower rates, we highly recommend that you get rate quotes from multiple independent agents in order to have the best price comparison. Most also write with mutual insurance companies that many times have cheaper rates.
The following is a small list of independent insurance agents in Indianapolis that may be able to give free price quotes.
- Affordable Insurance Agency
10 S Mickley Ave – Indianapolis, IN 46241 – (317) 484-9195 – View Map
- Skaggs Insurance Agencies Inc
5519 E 82nd St e – Indianapolis, IN 46250 – (317) 841-6000 – View Map
- Killion Insurance Agency
6316 W Thompson Rd – Indianapolis, IN 46221 – (317) 856-4550 – View Map
Agents that choose to be exclusive generally can only insure with one company like Farmers Insurance and State Farm. They generally cannot provide prices from multiple companies so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive insurance agents receive extensive training on their company’s products which can be an advantage. Some people will only use the same agent partially due to loyalty to the company rather than having the cheapest rates.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agents in Indianapolis who can help you get comparison quotes.
- GEICO Insurance Agent
3837 N High School Rd Suite 10 – Indianapolis, IN 46254 – (317) 216-0932 – View Map
- Brenda Bond – State Farm Insurance Agent
4475 W 71st St – Indianapolis, IN 46268 – (317) 328-0882 – View Map
- State Farm: Amy Henry
7035 E 96th St Suite S-2 – Indianapolis, IN 46250 – (317) 897-1900 – View Map
Picking a auto insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just the premium amount. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
After you get good responses to all your questions and locked in a price quote, you’ve probably found a car insurance agent that is a good match to insure your vehicles.
More quotes mean more insurance savings
In this article, we covered a lot of information how to reduce Honda CR-Z insurance rates online in Indianapolis. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the best rates are with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
Budget-conscious Honda CR-Z insurance can be sourced from both online companies in addition to many Indianapolis insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies may not offer rates over the internet and these regional carriers only sell coverage through independent agencies.
Consumers leave their current company for a number of reasons such as extreme rates for teen drivers, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, policy non-renewal and questionable increases in premium. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a new insurance company is not as difficult as it may seem.
How to buy affordable Honda CR-Z insurance in Indianapolis
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get affordable Honda CR-Z insurance in Indianapolis is to begin comparing prices regularly from insurers who provide auto insurance in Indiana. Prices can be compared by following these steps.
- First, gain an understanding of what coverages are included in your policy and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that are responsible for high rates like speeding tickets, accidents and a negative credit score can be remedied by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Second, quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote prices for a wide range of companies.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available in Indianapolis. If you find a lower rate quote, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
A tip to remember is to compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get price quotes from as many car insurance companies as possible. This provides an accurate price comparison and a good representation of prices.
To read more, feel free to browse these articles:
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- How Much are Indianapolis Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 70? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for High Risk Drivers in Indianapolis? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Indianapolis Auto Insurance Quotes for Teenage Females? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Toyota Tacoma in Indianapolis? (FAQ)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)