It's well known that auto insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. Consumers who compare rates at least once a year are likely to move their business because there are good odds of finding coverage at a cheaper rate. A study showed that people who shopped around saved approximately $850 each year compared to other drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If saving the most money on Ford F-150 insurance is the reason for your visit, then learning a little about how to compare insurance can save money and time.
It takes a little time, but the best way to get discount car insurance rates in Indianapolis is to compare prices annually from insurers who can sell car insurance in Indiana. Rates can be compared by following these steps.
- Step 1: Spend some time learning about what coverages are included in your policy and the things you can control to keep rates in check. Many things that are responsible for high rates such as traffic citations and a lousy credit rating can be eliminated by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Keep reading for more information to find cheap rates and find additional discounts you may qualify for.
- Step 2: Request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote rates from multiple companies. View a list of agents
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find a better price and switch companies, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Give notification to your agent or company of your intent to cancel your current coverage and submit the completed application along with a down payment for the new coverage. As soon as coverage is bound, keep your new certificate verifying proof of insurance above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
An important part of this process is to make sure you're comparing the same deductibles and limits on each price quote and and to look at as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this provides a fair rate comparison and a better comparison of the market.
Shopping around for the best-priced protection in Indianapolis is not that difficult. Virtually each driver who buys insurance most likely will be able to cut their insurance bill. Although Indiana vehicle owners must comprehend how companies calculate your insurance rates and take advantage of how the system works.
Indianapolis auto insurance discounts
Companies don't always advertise all available discounts in an easy-to-find place, so here is a list some of the more common as well as the least known discounts you could be receiving when you buy Indianapolis auto insurance online.
- Discount for New Cars - Buying coverage on a new vehicle is cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- Anti-lock Brake System - Cars and trucks equipped with ABS or steering control are much safer to drive so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Seat Belt Discounts - Requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Multi-line Discount - Larger insurance carriers have a break if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Senior Citizen Rates - If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may qualify for reduced rates.
- Telematics Discount - People who choose to allow driving data submission to look at when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematics device such as Progressive's Snapshot and State Farm's In-Drive might see lower rates if they have good driving habits.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles - Buying coverage for all your vehicles on a single policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Multiple Policy Discount - If you can combine your homeowners and auto policy and insure them both with the same insurance company you could save up to 20% and get you cheap F-150 insurance.
It's important to understand that some credits don't apply to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like you could get a free auto insurance policy, it doesn't quite work that way.
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Ford F-150 premium costs with and without discounts. The premiums are based on a male driver, no claims or driving violations, Indiana state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-car, multi-policy, and homeowner discounts applied.
A list of auto insurance companies and the discounts they provide are shown below.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including driver training, military active duty, daytime running lights, five-year accident-free, and defensive driver.
- MetLife offers discounts for multi-policy, accident-free, good driver, defensive driver, claim-free, and good student.
- State Farm may have discounts that include multiple autos, anti-theft, accident-free, good driver, defensive driving training, and good student.
- Progressive may offer discounts for good student, multi-policy, online signing, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, and continuous coverage.
- Mercury Insurance discounts include accident-free, good driver, annual mileage, type of vehicle, and professional/association.
- 21st Century has savings for defensive driver, homeowners, 55 and older, air bags, and anti-lock brakes.
- Allstate may include discounts for teenSMART discount, multi-policy, anti-lock brakes, EZ pay plan discount, premier plus, premier discount, and new car.
When getting free Indianapolis auto insurance quotes, it's a good idea to each insurance company to give you their best rates. Some discounts may not be offered in your area.
To get inexpensive Indianapolis auto insurance quotes, there a variety of ways to get quotes from different Indianapolis insurance companies. The best method to lower the rate you pay for insurance involves getting comparison quotes online.
When quoting auto insurance, remember that comparing more prices increases your odds of finding the best rates.
The car insurance companies shown below are ready to provide price quotes in Indiana. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you visit several of them to find the lowest car insurance rates.
Insurance statistics for a Ford F-150
The rate information displayed next outlines different prices for Ford F-150 models. Being aware of how policy premiums are determined can help customers make smart choices when buying a car insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|F-150 XL Regular Cab 2WD||$216||$236||$368||$22||$110||$952||$79|
|F-150 STX Regular Cab 2WD||$216||$300||$368||$22||$110||$1,016||$85|
|F-150 XL Super Cab 2WD||$216||$300||$368||$22||$110||$1,016||$85|
|F-150 XLT Regular Cab 2WD||$216||$300||$368||$22||$110||$1,016||$85|
|F-150 STX Super Cab 2WD||$216||$300||$368||$22||$110||$1,016||$85|
|F-150 XL Crew Cab 2WD||$248||$300||$368||$22||$110||$1,048||$87|
|F-150 XLT Super Cab 2WD||$248||$300||$368||$22||$110||$1,048||$87|
|F-150 STX Regular Cab 4WD||$248||$300||$368||$22||$110||$1,048||$87|
|F-150 XL Regular Cab 4WD||$248||$300||$368||$22||$110||$1,048||$87|
|F-150 FX2 Super Cab 2WD||$248||$300||$368||$22||$110||$1,048||$87|
|F-150 XLT Crew Cab 2WD||$248||$300||$368||$22||$110||$1,048||$87|
|F-150 XL Super Cab 4WD||$248||$300||$368||$22||$110||$1,048||$87|
|F-150 XLT Regular Cab 4WD||$248||$300||$368||$22||$110||$1,048||$87|
|F-150 XL Crew Cab 4WD||$280||$300||$368||$22||$110||$1,080||$90|
|F-150 STX Super Cab 4WD||$280||$300||$368||$22||$110||$1,080||$90|
|F-150 XLT Super Cab 4WD||$280||$300||$368||$22||$110||$1,080||$90|
|F-150 FX2 2WD||$280||$366||$368||$22||$110||$1,146||$96|
|F-150 Lariat Super Cab 2WD||$280||$366||$368||$22||$110||$1,146||$96|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 2WD||$280||$366||$368||$22||$110||$1,146||$96|
|F-150 FX4 Super Cab 4WD||$280||$366||$368||$22||$110||$1,146||$96|
|F-150 XLT Crew Cab 4WD||$280||$366||$368||$22||$110||$1,146||$96|
|F-150 FX4 4WD||$280||$366||$368||$22||$110||$1,146||$96|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 4WD||$280||$366||$368||$22||$110||$1,146||$96|
|F-150 SVT Raptor Super Cab 4WD||$280||$366||$368||$22||$110||$1,146||$96|
|F-150 Lariat Super Cab 4WD||$280||$366||$368||$22||$110||$1,146||$96|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 2WD||$280||$430||$368||$22||$110||$1,210||$101|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Harley 2WD||$280||$430||$368||$22||$110||$1,210||$101|
|F-150 Lariat King Ranch 2WD||$280||$430||$368||$22||$110||$1,210||$101|
|F-150 Lariat King Ranch 4WD||$310||$430||$368||$22||$110||$1,240||$103|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Harley 4WD||$310||$430||$368||$22||$110||$1,240||$103|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 4WD||$310||$430||$368||$22||$110||$1,240||$103|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, and claim-free. Estimates do not factor in garaging location in Indianapolis which can alter coverage prices considerably.
Should you buy full coverage?
The information below illustrates the comparison of Ford F-150 insurance prices with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The premiums assume no accidents or driving violations, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no other discounts are factored in.
Should you pay for full coverage or liability only?
There is no clear-cut rule for dropping physical damage coverage, but there is a general school of thought. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is more than about 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let's say your Ford F-150 replacement value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, you would only receive $4,000 after paying your deductible. If you are paying more than $400 annually for physical damage coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are some conditions where dropping full coverage is not financially feasible. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you have to carry full coverage to protect the lienholder's interest in the vehicle. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should keep full coverage in place.
Tailor your insurance coverage to you
When buying the best insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really isn't a best way to insure your cars. Every insured's situation is different.
These are some specific questions may help highlight whether you might need professional guidance.
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in Indiana?
- What is the minimum liability in Indiana?
- Does every company file a SR-22 automatically?
- How can I get the company to pay a claim?
- Does coverage follow the driver or the vehicle?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver in Indianapolis?
- When can my company non-renew my policy?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
If you don't know the answers to these questions, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
Compare prices but buy from a neighborhood Indianapolis auto insurance agent
Some people would rather sit down with an agent and there is nothing wrong with that. The best thing about comparing insurance online is the fact that you can find cheap rate quotes and still have a local agent. And providing support for local agents is important particularly in Indianapolis.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, the quote information is emailed to participating agents in Indianapolis that provide free Indianapolis auto insurance quotes to get your business. You don't have to find an agent on your own since rate quotes are delivered to you instantly. You can find lower rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. In the event you want to quote rates from a specific company, don't hesitate to search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
If you would like to find a local insurance agency, it's helpful to know the types of insurance agents and how they operate. Insurance policy providers can either be independent agents or exclusive agents.
Independent Insurance Agencies
Independent insurance agents are not employed by one company and that gives them the ability to insure amongst many companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. If they quote lower rates, they simply switch companies in-house and you won't have to switch agencies. If you need lower rates, you should always get several quotes from several independent agencies in order to have the best price comparison. Many write coverage with companies you've never heard of that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Below are independent agents in Indianapolis that can possibly get you free insurance rate quotes.
- McGowan Insurance Group, Inc.
355 Indiana Ave - Indianapolis, IN 46204 - (317) 464-5000 - View Map
- A1 Insurance
4030 S Emerson Ave E - Indianapolis, IN 46203 - (317) 787-4995 - View Map
- Dalessandro Agency Inc - Titan Insurance
4918 S Emerson Ave - Indianapolis, IN 46203 - (317) 780-2500 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents have only one company to place business with and examples are Farmers Insurance and State Farm. These agents are unable to compare rates from other companies so it's a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agencies are usually quite knowledgeable on what they offer and that can be a competitive advantage. Consumers often use the same exclusive agent mainly due to the prominent brand name and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Indianapolis willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Haleh Krauter - State Farm Insurance Agent
11204 Fall Creek Rd - Indianapolis, IN 46256 - (317) 849-9996 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Donald Oldham
303 N Alabama St #360 - Indianapolis, IN 46204 - (317) 687-0777 - View Map
- Norm Street - State Farm Insurance Agent
8610 E Washington St - Indianapolis, IN 46219 - (317) 898-2626 - View Map
Picking an insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the quoted price. Here are some questions to ask:
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- What companies can they write with?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Indiana?
Lower rates by being persistent
You just read a lot of ways to shop for Ford F-150 insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the better chance you'll have of finding low cost Indianapolis auto insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the best price on auto insurance is with some of the smallest insurance companies.
When searching for affordable Ford F-150 insurance quotes, do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are many occasions where an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage only to find out they didn't purchase enough coverage. Your goal should be to buy enough coverage at a price you can afford and still be able to protect your assets.
Insureds switch companies for a number of reasons such as extreme rates for teen drivers, not issuing a premium refund, high rates after DUI convictions or even lack of trust in their agent. Regardless of your reason, finding a new auto insurance company is not as difficult as it may seem.
More detailed auto insurance information is available in these articles:
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- Who Has the Cheapest Indianapolis Auto Insurance for Drivers Over Age 50? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Real Estate Agents in Indianapolis? (FAQ)
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)