Overpriced insurance in Indianapolis can dwindle your accounts and force you to tighten up your finances. Price shopping at each renewal is free and is an excellent way to cut your insurance bill.
Smart shoppers know that insurance companies want to keep you from comparing rates. People who shop around for the cheapest rate will most likely switch to a new company because they have a good chance of finding discount prices. A recent study showed that people who compared rates regularly saved approximately $72 a month compared to other drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding budget-friendly Chevy SS insurance is your ultimate goal, then having an understanding of how to find and compare coverages can save money and time.
Due to the large number of options for buying cheap insurance for a Chevy SS in Indianapolis, it’s nearly impossible to choose the most cost effective insurance company.
It’s important to do rate comparisons quite often because insurance rates trend upward over time. If you had the lowest premium rates on Chevy SS insurance in Indianapolis a couple years back you can probably find a lower rate today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance because you’re about to learn the things you must know in order to find great coverage at a great price.
Get More Affordable Insurance Rates by Understanding These Factors
Consumers need to have an understanding of a few of the rating criteria that go into determining your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get much lower annual insurance costs.
Single drivers take more risk – Having a significant other may cut your premiums when shopping for auto insurance. Marriage demonstrates that you tend to be more mature and statistics prove being married results in fewer claims.
Lower auto insurance rates with theft deterrents – Driving a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can help lower your premiums. Anti-theft devices like vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all help prevent car theft.
Pay less with a high safety rating – Vehicles that have high safety ratings tend to have better insurance rates. The safest vehicles result in less severe injuries and reduced instances of injuries means your insurance company pays less which can result in lower premiums. If your Chevy has at least four stars on Safercar.gov you may pay a lower rate.
Drive less and save – The more you drive your Chevy annually the more it will cost to insure it. Most insurance companies rate vehicles based upon how you use the vehicle. Vehicles not used for work or commuting qualify for better rates compared to those used for work or business. Ask your agent if your vehicle rating correctly shows how each vehicle is driven, because improper ratings can cost you money. An incorrectly rated SS can result in significantly higher rates.
Chevy SS historical loss data – Insurance companies analyze past claim statistics when they set coverage costs for each model. Vehicles that have higher number or severity of losses will cost more for coverage. The information below illustrates the loss history for Chevy SS vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is equal to 100. Numbers that are below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while numbers above 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or statistically larger claims.
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Indianapolis car insurance discounts
Some insurers don’t necessarily list their entire list of discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so here is a list both the well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Safe drivers may receive a discount up to 45% as compared to drivers with claims.
- Buy New and Save – Buying a new car model is cheaper due to better safety requirements for newer models.
- Active Military Service – Being deployed in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Organization Discounts – Participating in a professional or civic organization could earn you a nice discount on your bill.
- Braking Control Discount – Vehicles that have steering control and anti-lock brakes prevent accidents and will save you 10% or more on SS insurance in Indianapolis.
As is typical with insurance, some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it doesn’t quite work that way.
If you would like to view car insurance companies that offer discounts in Indiana, click here to view.
Persistence will pay off
In this article, we presented a lot of tips how to get a better price on Chevy SS insurance in Indianapolis. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Indianapolis car insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a small local company. These smaller insurers often have lower rates on specific markets as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
When searching for cheaper Indianapolis car insurance quotes, it’s very important that you do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are a lot of situations where an insured dropped liability coverage limits and learned later they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The proper strategy is to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Discount Chevy SS insurance in Indianapolis is available both online and from local agencies, so you should compare both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies do not provide online price quotes and these smaller companies prefer to sell through local independent agencies.
Steps to finding cheaper rates for Chevy SS insurance in Indianapolis
The preferred way to find lower priced Chevy SS insurance in Indianapolis is to compare prices at least once a year from insurers that insure vehicles in Indiana.
- Step 1: Read and learn about how auto insurance works and the factors you can control to keep rates low. Many rating criteria that result in higher rates such as high-risk driving behaviors and a bad credit score can be eliminated by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can quote prices from multiple companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy and see if there is a cheaper rate in Indianapolis. If you can save money, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
The most important part of this process is to try to use similar limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get rates from every company you can. Doing this helps ensure a fair rate comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
Even more information is located in the articles below:
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap Indianapolis Auto Insurance Rates for Postal Workers? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for First-time Drivers in Indianapolis? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)