Want to know an easy way to compare the cheapest Ford F-250 insurance in Indianapolis? Feeling guilty for buying high-priced Ford F-250 insurance in Indianapolis? Don’t feel bad because many consumers are feeling buyer’s remorse and feel like there’s no way out.
Astonishing but true, the vast majority of insurance customers kept their policy with the same company for more than four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never compared rates with other companies. With the average premium in Indiana being $1,389, drivers could cut their rates by approximately $700 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don’t believe the actual amount they would save if they switched.
How to buy lower priced Ford F-250 insurance in Indianapolis
The easiest way to get affordable Ford F-250 insurance in Indianapolis is to compare prices annually from different companies in Indiana.
Step 1: Learn about auto insurance and the steps you can take to lower rates. Many risk factors that increase rates like traffic violations and an unacceptable credit history can be amended by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Keep reading for tips to prevent rate hikes and find additional discounts you may qualify for.
Step 2: Compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide prices from many different companies. View companies
Step 3: Compare the quotes to your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find a lower rate, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
Step 4: Tell your current agent or company of your intent to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit payment and a completed application for the new coverage. As soon as coverage is bound, keep your new certificate verifying proof of insurance with your vehicle’s registration.
One important bit of advice is to try to compare similar deductibles and liability limits on each price quote and to quote with all possible companies. Doing this guarantees a level playing field and a complete price analysis.
You have multiple car insurance companies to pick from, and although it’s nice to have multiple companies, more choices can make it harder to locate the cheapest rates for Ford F-250 insurance in Indianapolis.
This information will let you in on the most effective ways to compare rates and also pocket some savings If you’re already insured, you will definitely be able to reduce premiums using this strategy. Vehicle owners just have to understand the most efficient way to shop using one simple form.
Save Money with These Tips
Many different elements are considered when you get your auto insurance bill. A few of the factors are predictable such as traffic violations, although some other factors are less obvious such as whether you are married or how safe your car is. The best way to find cheaper car insurance is to take a look at some of the factors that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for car insurance. When consumers understand what determines base rates, this enables informed choices that may result in better car insurance rates.
- Keep prices low by being claim-free – If you file claims often, you can definitely plan on either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Insurance companies in Indiana award the best rates to insureds that do not abuse their auto insurance. Insurance coverage is designed for claims that pose a financial burden.
Younger drivers cost more – Teen drivers in Indiana are statistically proven to be inattentive with other occupants in the car and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher. Older insureds are proven to be safer behind the wheel, cost insurance companies less in claims, and are safer drivers.
The following data uses these assumptions: single driver, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- No car insurance gaps is important – Having a lapse in insurance coverage is a sure-fire way to bump up your car insurance costs. Not only will rates go up, getting caught without coverage could result in a revoked license or a big fine.
- Deter theft and reduce rates – Selecting a car model that has a built-in theft deterrent system can help bring down rates. Theft prevention devices such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar can thwart car theft and help bring rates down.
Ford F-250 claim probability – Companies analyze historical claim data as a tool for profitable underwriting. Models that tend to have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will have higher rates. The next table illustrates the historical loss data for Ford F-250 vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles compiled together equals 100. Values that are under 100 represent a good loss history, while numbers that are greater than 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or statistically larger losses.
Ford F-250 Insurance Claim Statistics Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Ford F-250 4WD 58 97 85 Ford F-250 SuperCab 2WD 55 90 Ford F-250 SuperCab 4WD 72 118 71 48 Ford F-250 SuperCrew 2WD 75 101 125 Ford F-250 SuperCrew 4WD 86 132 176 44 44 90BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Lowering your Ford F-250 car insurance rates can be relatively painless. Consumers just need to invest a little time to compare rate quotes from different insurance companies.
Comparison shopping price quotes online is easy and it takes the place of having to call or drive to each insurance agency near you. Shopping for car insurance online eliminates the middleman unless you have a complicated situation and need the trained guidance that only an agent can give. It is possible to compare the best prices online and get advice from an agent in your area.
The companies shown below are ready to provide price quotes in Indianapolis, IN. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Analysis of coverages
The information displayed below outlines detailed analysis of insurance premium costs for Ford F-250 models. Having a better idea how premiums are figured can benefit drivers when making informed coverage decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|F-250 XL 2WD||$170||$310||$304||$18||$92||$894||$75|
|F-250 XL Cabela Package 2WD||$190||$366||$304||$18||$92||$970||$81|
|F-250 XL Super Cab 2WD||$190||$366||$304||$18||$92||$970||$81|
|F-250 XLT 2WD||$190||$366||$304||$18||$92||$970||$81|
|F-250 XL 4WD||$190||$310||$336||$20||$100||$956||$80|
|F-250 XLT Super Cab 2WD||$190||$366||$304||$18||$92||$970||$81|
|F-250 XL Super Cab Cabela Package 2WD||$190||$366||$304||$18||$92||$970||$81|
|F-250 XL Harley Edition 2WD||$190||$366||$304||$18||$92||$970||$81|
|F-250 XL Crew Cab 2WD||$190||$366||$304||$18||$92||$970||$81|
|F-250 XLT 4WD||$190||$366||$336||$20||$100||$1,012||$84|
|F-250 XL Cabela Package 4WD||$190||$366||$336||$20||$100||$1,012||$84|
|F-250 XL Crew Cab 4WD||$190||$366||$336||$20||$100||$1,012||$84|
|F-250 XL Super Cab 4WD||$190||$366||$336||$20||$100||$1,012||$84|
|F-250 XL Crew Cab Cabela Package 2WD||$190||$422||$304||$18||$92||$1,026||$86|
|F-250 XL Super Cab Harley Edition 2WD||$190||$422||$304||$18||$92||$1,026||$86|
|F-250 XL Turbo Diesel 2WD||$190||$422||$304||$18||$92||$1,026||$86|
|F-250 King Ranch Crew Cab 2WD||$190||$422||$304||$18||$92||$1,026||$86|
|F-250 XLT Crew Cab 2WD||$190||$422||$304||$18||$92||$1,026||$86|
|F-250 XL Super Cab Cabela Package 4WD||$212||$366||$336||$20||$100||$1,034||$86|
|F-250 XLT Super Cab 4WD||$212||$366||$336||$20||$100||$1,034||$86|
|F-250 XL Harley Edition 4WD||$212||$366||$336||$20||$100||$1,034||$86|
|F-250 King Ranch Crew Cab 4WD||$212||$366||$336||$20||$100||$1,034||$86|
|F-250 Lariat Crew Cab 2WD||$212||$422||$304||$18||$92||$1,048||$87|
|F-250 XL Super Cab Turbo Diesel 2WD||$212||$422||$304||$18||$92||$1,048||$87|
|F-250 XL Crew Cab Harley Edition 2WD||$212||$422||$304||$18||$92||$1,048||$87|
|F-250 XL Crew Cab Turbo Diesel 2WD||$212||$422||$304||$18||$92||$1,048||$87|
|F-250 Lariat Super Cab 2WD||$212||$422||$304||$18||$92||$1,048||$87|
|F-250 XL Super Cab Cabela Turbo Diesel 2WD||$212||$422||$304||$18||$92||$1,048||$87|
|F-250 XLT Turbo Diesel 2WD||$212||$422||$304||$18||$92||$1,048||$87|
|F-250 XL Cabela Turbo Diesel 2WD||$212||$422||$304||$18||$92||$1,048||$87|
|F-250 XLT Turbo Diesel 4WD||$212||$366||$336||$20||$100||$1,034||$86|
|F-250 XLT Crew Cab 4WD||$212||$366||$336||$20||$100||$1,034||$86|
|F-250 XL Super Cab Turbo Diesel 4WD||$212||$366||$336||$20||$100||$1,034||$86|
|F-250 XL Crew Cab Harley Edition 4WD||$212||$366||$336||$20||$100||$1,034||$86|
|F-250 XL Cabela Turbo Diesel 4WD||$212||$366||$336||$20||$100||$1,034||$86|
|F-250 XL Crew Cab Turbo Diesel 4WD||$212||$366||$336||$20||$100||$1,034||$86|
|F-250 Lariat Super Cab 4WD||$212||$366||$336||$20||$100||$1,034||$86|
|F-250 XL Turbo Diesel 4WD||$212||$366||$336||$20||$100||$1,034||$86|
|F-250 XL Super Cab Harley Edition 4WD||$212||$366||$336||$20||$100||$1,034||$86|
|F-250 XLT Super Cab Turbo Diesel 2WD||$212||$422||$304||$18||$92||$1,048||$87|
|F-250 XL Harley Turbo Diesel 2WD||$212||$422||$304||$18||$92||$1,048||$87|
|F-250 King Ranch Crew Cab Turbo Diesel 2WD||$212||$422||$304||$18||$92||$1,048||$87|
|F-250 XL Super Cab Harley Turbo Diesel 2WD||$212||$422||$304||$18||$92||$1,048||$87|
|F-250 XLT Crew Cab Turbo Diesel 2WD||$212||$422||$304||$18||$92||$1,048||$87|
|F-250 XL Crew Cab Harley Turbo Diesel 2WD||$212||$422||$304||$18||$92||$1,048||$87|
|F-250 XL Crew Cab Cabela Turbo Diesel 2WD||$212||$422||$304||$18||$92||$1,048||$87|
|F-250 Lariat Super Cab Turbo Diesel 2WD||$212||$422||$304||$18||$92||$1,048||$87|
|F-250 Lariat Crew Cab 4WD||$212||$422||$336||$20||$100||$1,090||$91|
|F-250 King Ranch Crew Cab Turbo Diesel 4WD||$212||$422||$336||$20||$100||$1,090||$91|
|F-250 XL Super Cab Cabela Turbo Diesel 4WD||$212||$422||$336||$20||$100||$1,090||$91|
|F-250 XLT Super Cab Turbo Diesel 4WD||$212||$422||$336||$20||$100||$1,090||$91|
|F-250 Cabela Crew Cab 4WD||$212||$422||$336||$20||$100||$1,090||$91|
|F-250 XL Harley Turbo Diesel 4WD||$212||$422||$336||$20||$100||$1,090||$91|
|F-250 XLT Crew Cab Turbo Diesel 4WD||$212||$422||$336||$20||$100||$1,090||$91|
|F-250 Lariat Crew Cab Turbo Diesel 2WD||$212||$476||$304||$18||$92||$1,102||$92|
|F-250 Lariat Crew Cab Turbo Diesel 4WD||$234||$422||$336||$20||$100||$1,112||$93|
|F-250 XL Super Cab Harley Turbo Diesel 4WD||$234||$422||$336||$20||$100||$1,112||$93|
|F-250 Lariat Super Cab Turbo Diesel 4WD||$234||$422||$336||$20||$100||$1,112||$93|
|F-250 XL Crew Cab Harley Turbo Diesel 4WD||$234||$422||$336||$20||$100||$1,112||$93|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Information does not factor in specific zip code location which can affect premiums substantially.
The example below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can affect Ford F-250 premium costs for each age group. The premium estimates are based on a single female driver, full coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Insurance rates based on gender
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Ford F-250 car insurance costs for male and female drivers. The costs are based on no accidents, no driving violations, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, drivers are single, and no other discounts are factored in.
Does full coverage make sense?
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Ford F-250 insurance rates with full coverage and liability only. The costs are based on no violations or claims, $250 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to stop buying full coverage
There is no exact formula to exclude physical damage coverage, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is about 10% or more of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Ford F-250 settlement value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would get paid by your company is $4,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are currently paying more than $400 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are a few cases where only buying liability is not in your best interest. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you must maintain physical damage coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not opt for liability only.
Auto insurance does more than just protect your car
Even though Indianapolis F-250 insurance rates can get expensive, auto insurance is required by state law in Indiana and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability coverage in order to drive the car. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Ford has a lienholder, most banks will require that you buy full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank will be required to insure your Ford at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards not only your vehicle but also your assets. Insurance will pay for medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your car are definitely more than the cost, especially for larger claims. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver overpays as much as $830 a year so compare quotes from several companies each time the policy renews to make sure the price is not too high.
Insurance policy discounts you can’t miss
Car insurance companies do not advertise the entire discount list very well, so the following list contains some of the more common and also the lesser-known discounts you could be receiving when you buy Indianapolis auto insurance online. If you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, you are just wasting money.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Drivers who require all occupants to use a seat belt may be able to save a few bucks on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Claim Free – Indianapolis drivers who stay claim-free can earn big discounts as opposed to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Bundle and Save – If you have multiple policies with one insurance company you could get a discount of nearly 15% which can help you find low cost Ford F-250 insurance.
- Full Payment Discount – By paying your entire bill at once instead of paying each month you may reduce your total bill.
- College Student – Kids who are attending college and do not take a car to college may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Memberships – Having an affiliation with a qualifying organization could earn you a nice discount on your bill.
- Drivers Education – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them successfully complete driver’s ed class as it can save substantially.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying a policy with multiple cars or trucks on the same insurance policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having a deployed family member could trigger a small discount.
A little note about advertised discounts, many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Even though it appears it’s possible to get free car insurance, you’re out of luck.
The diagram below compares Ford F-250 insurance premiums with and without discounts. The information is based on a male driver, no accidents or driving violations, Indiana state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, and marriage discounts applied.
A few of the larger companies and some of their more popular discounts are detailed below.
- American Family offers discounts including air bags, multi-vehicle, defensive driver, accident-free, mySafetyValet, and good driver.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for good driver, accident-free, multiple autos, passive restraint, good student, and driver’s education.
- 21st Century policyholders can earn discounts including defensive driver, anti-lock brakes, driver training, homeowners, good student, student driver, and teen driver.
- Travelers may have discounts that include early quote, multi-policy, IntelliDrive, multi-car, new car, and student away at school.
- GEICO has savings for membership and employees, federal employee, driver training, anti-lock brakes, and defensive driver.
If you need lower rates, check with each company or agent what discounts are available to you. Discounts may not apply to policyholders in your state. If you would like to view insurers who offer online Ford F-250 insurance quotes in Indianapolis, click here.
Compare prices but still have a local Indianapolis insurance agency
Many people prefer to get advice from a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Experienced insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and give you someone to call. One of the best bonuses of comparing rates online is the fact that you can find lower rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from and supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is definitely important in Indianapolis.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, the coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Indianapolis who will give you quotes for your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to search for any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go to your email. In the event you want to get a price quote for a specific company, you can always find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
If you would like to find a reliable insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Insurance agencies are considered either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either one can do a good job, but it is a good idea to know the difference in how they write coverage since it may influence which type of agent you select.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agencies do not have single company limitations and that is an advantage because they can write policies with lots of companies and get the cheapest rates. If you want to switch companies, your policy is moved internally and you don’t have to find a new agent.
When comparing insurance prices, you will definitely want to include rate quotes from at a minimum one independent agency in order to compare the most rates.
Below is a partial list of independent agencies in Indianapolis who can help you get pricing information.
Indiana Discount Insurance
5502 N Keystone Ave – Indianapolis, IN 46220 – (317) 863-0349 – View Map
These agents generally can only insure with one company like Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. They usually cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. They are well trained on the products they sell which aids in selling service over price.
Shown below are exclusive agencies in Indianapolis that can give you price quotes.
Selecting an car insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a low price. Here are some questions to ask:
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Indianapolis?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Indianapolis?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
After you get good answers as well as inexpensive Ford F-250 insurance in Indianapolis quotes, it’s possible that you found an auto insurance agent that meets the requirements to provide insurance coverage.
You may need specialized car insurance coverage
When it comes to buying the right insurance coverage, there really is not a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs and your car insurance should be unique as well.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine if your situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- What are the liability requirements in my state?
- Can I get by with minimal medical coverage if I have good health insurance?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Does my Ford F-250 qualify for pleasure use?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- Is a blown tire covered by insurance?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
If you can’t answer these questions, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Quote. Compare. Save.
While you’re price shopping online, it’s a bad idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many cases, an insured dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits only to discover later they didn’t have enough coverage. Your goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
The cheapest Ford F-250 insurance in Indianapolis can be purchased both online and from local insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best selection. Some companies may not provide the ability to get quotes online and these regional insurance providers work with independent agents.
Steps to finding affordable quotes for Ford F-250 insurance in Indianapolis
Truthfully, the best way to find more affordable Ford F-250 insurance in Indianapolis is to start comparing rates regularly from different companies who can sell car insurance in Indiana. Rates can be compared by following these guidelines.
First, spend a few minutes and learn about how auto insurance works and the modifications you can make to prevent rate increases. Many rating criteria that increase rates like speeding tickets, careless driving and a not-so-good credit rating can be improved by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
Second, request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a better price and make a switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, provide written notification to your current company to cancel the current policy. Submit a completed policy application and payment for your new policy. As soon as you can, put the proof of insurance paperwork in your vehicle.
The most important part of this process is to make sure you’re comparing the same deductibles and limits on every price quote and and to get rate quotes from as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
Other learning opportunities
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for State Employees in Indianapolis? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Rogue in Indianapolis? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Hyundai Elantra in Indianapolis? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)