We don’t have to tell you that car insurance companies don’t want you shop around. Drivers who shop rates annually will, in all likelihood, buy a new policy because the odds are good of finding a lower-priced policy. A recent study showed that consumers who did price comparisons regularly saved on average $72 a month as compared to drivers who never shopped around for lower prices.
If saving money on Kia Spectra insurance in Indianapolis is your goal, then having a good understanding how to quote prices and compare coverage rates can help make the process easier.
The best way we recommend to find better pricing on auto insurance rates in Indianapolis is to regularly compare price quotes from insurance carriers in Indiana.
- First, get a basic knowledge of how companies set rates and the factors you can control to keep rates down. Many policy risk factors that increase rates like accidents, traffic violations, and a not-so-good credit score can be amended by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Continue reading for tips to help keep rates affordable and find overlooked discounts.
- Second, request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote prices from multiple sources. Get quotes now
- Third, compare the new rates to your existing coverage to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate and buy the policy, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Fourth, give proper notification to your current agent or company of your intent to cancel your existing policy. Submit the application along with any required down payment for your new coverage. Don’t forget to keep the new certificate of insurance somewhere easily accessible.
A key point to remember is to use identical deductibles and limits on every quote and and to get price estimates from as many different companies as possible. Doing this helps ensure a fair price comparison and a complete price analysis.
If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will surely be able to find the best rates using the concepts covered in this article. The goal of this article is to introduce you to the best way to quote coverages and some tricks to saving. Nevertheless, Indiana car owners do need to know the way insurance companies market on the web.
Learn How to Lower Your Insurance Premiums
Smart consumers have a good feel for the rating factors that come into play when calculating the price you pay for auto insurance. If you know what controls the rates you pay, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with lower premium levels.
- Limits of liability protection – Liability insurance will protect you in the event that you are found liable for damages caused by your negligence. Liability insurance provides legal defense to defend your case. Liability insurance is pretty cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
- Big cities have higher prices – Being located in small towns and rural areas is a good thing when insuring your vehicles. Fewer drivers corresponds to lower accident rates in addition to fewer liability claims. City drivers regularly have more traffic problems and more time behind the wheel. The longer drive time translates into higher accident risk.
- Gaps in coverage mean higher premiums – Going without insurance is a guaranteed way to increase your auto insurance rates. In addition to paying higher rates, failure to provide proof of insurance may earn you fines and jail time. Then you may be required to file a SR-22 with the Indiana department of motor vehicles.
- Marriage discount – Having a spouse may cut your premiums on your auto insurance bill. It demonstrates that you tend to be more mature and responsible and it’s proven that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
- Raise deductibles and save – Insurance for physical damage, aka comp and collision, covers damage that occurs to your Kia. Some coverage claims could be running into the backend of another car, vandalism, or theft. The deductibles represent how much money you are required to spend out-of-pocket before a claim is paid by your company. The more money you have to pay, the less your auto insurance will be.
- Vehicles with better crash test results lower auto insurance rates – Cars with five star safety ratings get lower rates. Highly rated vehicles have better occupant injury protection and fewer injuries translates into savings for insurance companies which can mean better rates for you.
- Gender is a factor – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown that females tend to be a little less risky than males. However, don’t assume that women are better drivers. Women and men get in auto accidents at a similar rate, but men have costlier accidents. Men also statistically have more aggressive citations like reckless driving and DUI.
Don’t overlook these Kia Spectra insurance discounts
Some companies don’t always list all available discounts very well, so the list below gives a summary of a few of the more common and also the more inconspicuous insurance savings.
- Drive Less and Save – Driving less could be rewarded with discounted prices on garaged vehicles.
- Active Military Service – Being deployed with a military unit could trigger a small discount.
- College Student Discount – Children who are attending college and do not have a car may qualify for this discount.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Vehicles with factory air bags or automatic seat belts can qualify for discounts as much as 30%.
- Accident Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories can earn big discounts as opposed to accident-prone drivers.
- Professional Organizations – Being in qualifying employment or professional organizations is a simple method to lower premiums on your next renewal.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Buying insurance for multiple vehicles on the same insurance policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Senior Citizens – Older drivers can possibly qualify for a small decrease in premiums.
- Paper-free Discount – A handful of insurance companies provide a small discount just for signing your application on their website.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Despite the appearance that all those discounts means the company will pay you, insurance companies aren’t that generous.
A few companies that have these money-saving discounts are:
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- Farmers Insurance
- Auto-Owners Insurance
Double check with all companies you are considering how many discounts you can get. A few discounts may not be available in every state. To view companies with the best Kia Spectra insurance discounts in Indianapolis, click this link.
One last thing about your coverage
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s a bad idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many cases where someone dropped physical damage coverage only to regret at claim time that it was a big mistake. Your objective should be to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest cost and still be able to protect your assets.
Lower-priced Kia Spectra insurance in Indianapolis can be bought online and from local insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance providers may not have the ability to get a quote online and many times these regional carriers prefer to sell through independent agents.
We covered a lot of information how to compare Kia Spectra insurance car insurance rates in Indianapolis. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get premium rates for, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers may even find the lowest car insurance rates come from a small mutual company.
For more information, link through to the resources below:
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap Indianapolis Auto Insurance Quotes for Hybrid Vehicles? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers with Accidents in Indianapolis? (FAQ)
- How Much are Indianapolis Car Insurance Quotes for a School Permit? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Teenage Males in Indianapolis? (FAQ)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)