The best way to get budget Lincoln Navigator insurance is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from providers in Indianapolis. You can compare prices by following these guidelines.
- Read about what coverages are included in your policy and the measures you can take to drop your rates. Many rating factors that increase rates like distracted driving and a less-than-favorable credit score can be amended by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a better price, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
A key point to remember is to try to use similar deductibles and liability limits on every quote request and and to get price quotes from all possible companies. Doing this guarantees an accurate price comparison and many rates to choose from.
A recent survey discovered that most consumers kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for four years or more, and just under half have never taken the time to shop around. Most drivers in Indianapolis can cut their rates by roughly 55% a year just by comparing rates, but they just don’t understand how easy it is to shop around.
If you are already insured, you will surely be able to save money using this strategy. Locating the best rates in Indianapolis is not that difficult as long as you know where to start. But Indiana consumers must know how companies price insurance differently.
Why Smart Buyers Pay Less for Lincoln Navigator Insurance
Multiple criteria are considered when quoting car insurance. Some factors are common sense such as traffic violations, although some other factors are more transparent like where you live and annual miles driven. Consumers need to have an understanding of the factors that are used to determine auto insurance rates. If you have some idea of what determines base rates, this allows you to make good choices that can earn you lower rates.
Shown below are some of the major factors auto insurance companies consider when setting rates.
Stay claim-free and save money – Insurance companies in Indiana award the best rates to policyholders who do not file claims often. If you file a lot of claims you can definitely plan on much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Auto insurance is intended for claims that pose a financial burden.
Does insurance coverage cost less for women? – Statistics demonstrate that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. This data doesn’t prove that women are better drivers. Males and females have fender benders in similar percentages, but males tend to have higher claims. In addition to higher claims, males also get cited for more serious violations like reckless driving and DUI. Youthful male drivers are most likely to cause an accident and are penalized with high auto insurance rates.
The information below shows the difference between Lincoln Navigator car insurance costs for male and female drivers. The costs are based on no violations or claims, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, single status, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Deter theft and save money – Driving a car with an alarm system can earn a premium discount. Theft prevention features such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all help prevent vehicle theft.
Car insurance liability limits – Liability insurance kicks in when you are responsible for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Your policy’s liability insurance provides legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. This coverage is relatively inexpensive when compared with rates for comp and collision, so buy as much as you can afford.
Urban areas may pay more – Being located in areas with lower population can save you money when it comes to auto insurance. Drivers in populated areas tend to have more auto accidents and higher rates of accident claims. Fewer people corresponds to lower accident rates and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
Improve your credit rating and save – Credit history factor in determining premium rates. Insureds with very good credit scores tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than those with worse credit. So if your credit history is lower than you’d like, you could save money insuring your Lincoln Navigator by repairing your credit.
Insurance loss data for Lincoln Navigator vehicles – Companies use data from past claims to help calculate premium prices. Models that the statistics show to have a trend towards higher claims will cost more to insure. The next table illustrates the historical insurance loss data for Lincoln Navigator vehicles.
For each coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, as a total average, is set at 100. Percentage numbers below 100 indicate better than average losses, while percentage values above 100 indicate frequent claims or statistically larger claims.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Lincoln Navigator 4dr 2WD||109||114||61|
|Lincoln Navigator 4dr 4WD||93||89||82|
|Lincoln Navigator L 4dr 2WD||129||69|
|Lincoln Navigator L 4dr 4WD||101||116||119|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
How to get free Lincoln Navigator insurance quotes online
When price shopping your coverage, comparing a large number of companies will increase your chances of finding the best offered rates.
The companies in the list below provide comparison quotes in Indianapolis, IN. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you get price quotes from several of them to find the lowest car insurance rates.
The premium information shown below outlines estimates of insurance policy prices for Lincoln Navigator models. Understanding more about how insurance policy rates are established can help you make smart choices when choosing a car insurance company.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Navigator L 2WD||$342||$496||$368||$22||$110||$1,338||$112|
|Navigator L 4WD||$342||$496||$368||$22||$110||$1,338||$112|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, and claim-free. Table data does not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can increase or decrease rates noticeably.
How careless driving impacts auto insurance rates
The information below demonstrates how citations and accident claims influence Lincoln Navigator annual premium costs for different ages of insureds. The premium estimates are based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Why you need to buy insurance
Despite the high insurance cost for a Lincoln Navigator in Indianapolis, buying insurance may be required for several reasons.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability protection in order to be legal. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Navigator has a loan, more than likely the lender will require you to have full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may buy a policy for your Lincoln at a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards not only your car but also your financial assets. It also can pay for medical transport and hospital expenses incurred in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your Navigator are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. On average, a vehicle owner in Indianapolis is currently overpaying as much as $855 a year so it’s important to compare rates every year to ensure rates are inline.
Discounts for lower-cost car insurance quotes
Car insurance is expensive, but you might find some hidden discounts to help offset the cost. Some discounts apply automatically at quote time, but a few must be manually applied in order for you to get them.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars and trucks with ABS braking systems or traction control are safer to drive and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Completing a defensive driving class could cut 5% off your bill if you qualify.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Purchasing coverage when you have multiple cars or trucks with the same car insurance company qualifies for this discount.
- Claim Free – Claim-free drivers are rewarded with significantly better rates on Indianapolis car insurance quote in comparison to bad drivers.
- Responsible Driver Discount – Safe drivers can pay as much as 50% less compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Telematics Discount – People who choose to allow their company to study driving manner through the use of a telematics system like Allstate’s Drivewise may get a rate reduction as long as the data is positive.
- 55 and Retired – Seniors can get a discount up to 10%.
- Accident Waiver – This one is not really a discount per se, but some companies like Progressive, Allstate, and Liberty Mutual may permit one accident before raising your premiums with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a specific time period.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – If the company offers life insurance, you could get better car insurance rates if you take out a life policy as well.
Don’t be surprised that some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So even though you would think you can get free auto insurance, you won’t be that lucky.
The chart below shows the comparison of Lincoln Navigator annual premium costs with and without discounts applied. The premium estimates are based on a male driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, Indiana state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, marriage, multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, and safe-driver discounts applied.
To see insurance companies who offer online Lincoln Navigator insurance quotes in Indiana, click here.
When to have guidance from an agent
Many people just prefer to talk to a local agent and that is a smart decision A good thing about comparing car insurance online is that you can obtain cheap rate quotes and still choose a local agent.
Once you complete this simple form, your coverage information gets sent to insurance agents in Indianapolis who can give free rate quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You never need to leave your house because prices are sent to the email address you provide. You’ll get the best rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If for some reason you want to compare prices for a specific company, don’t hesitate to navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
Finding a good company requires more thought than just a cheap price. Any agent in Indianapolis should have no problem answering these questions:
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
What type of Indianapolis auto insurance agent is right for you?
If you are wanting to purchase car insurance from a reliable insurance agency, you must know there are a couple different agency structures and how they operate. Indianapolis agents are classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents can only place business with one company such as Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive insurance agents are usually well trained in insurance sales which helps them compete with independent agents.
Below is a list of exclusive agencies in Indianapolis willing to provide price quotes.
Jim Grounds – State Farm Insurance Agent
4745 Statesmen Dr d – Indianapolis, IN 46250 – (317) 842-6807 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent are not restricted to one company so they can insure your vehicles with any number of different companies and find you cheaper rates. If they quote lower rates, the agent simply finds a different carrier without you having to go to a different agency.
If you need cheaper car insurance rates, you need to include rate quotes from independent agents to have the best price comparison.
The following are Indianapolis independent agencies that are able to give price quotes.
Affordable Insurance Agency
10 S Mickley Ave – Indianapolis, IN 46241 – (317) 484-9195 – View Map
If you get positive feedback for all questions you ask and an affordable coverage quote, most likely you have located an auto insurance agent that can be trusted to insure your vehicles. Just keep in mind consumers can terminate coverage whenever you wish so never feel you are locked into the car insurance policy for the full policy term.
Do I just need basic coverages?
Always remember that when buying your policy, there really is no one size fits all plan. Your needs are unique to you and your policy should reflect that.
These are some specific questions might point out if you would benefit from professional advice.
- Who does medical payments coverage extend to?
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
- What does medical payments coverage do?
- What is the minimum liability in Indiana?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- When should I drop full coverage on my Lincoln Navigator?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required Indiana minimum liability coverage?
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
- Why do I have to buy liability insurance?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area.
Find cheap rates by being thorough
The cheapest Lincoln Navigator insurance in Indianapolis can be purchased from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Indianapolis, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies do not offer online rate quotes and most of the time these small, regional companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agencies.
We’ve covered many tips how you can save on Lincoln Navigator insurance in Indianapolis. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Indianapolis car insurance, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from a lesser-known regional company. Smaller companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost compared to the large companies like State Farm or Progressive.
To read more, link through to the resources below:
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Indianapolis Auto Insurance for Drivers with Bad Credit? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Active Military in Indianapolis? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Indianapolis Auto Insurance for a Learners Permit? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Police Officers in Indianapolis? (FAQ)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)