It’s shocking but about 70% of customers have purchased from the same company for four years or more, and virtually 40% of consumers have never compared rates with other companies. With the average premium in Indiana being $1,390, drivers could save $700 a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don’t want to spend time to find cheap rates by getting comparison quotes.
To save the most money, the best way to get more affordable auto insurance rates in Indianapolis is to start comparing prices yearly from insurers in Indiana.
Step 1: Try to understand auto insurance and the factors you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that cause high rates like high-risk driving behaviors and your credit history can be controlled by paying attention to minor details.
Step 2: Compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from multiple companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save money and buy the policy, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Provide adequate notice to your current company of your intention to cancel your current policy and submit payment and a signed application for your new policy. Make sure you safely store the proof of insurance paperwork in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
The most important part of shopping around is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to look at as many companies as possible. Doing this guarantees an accurate price comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
Why Smart Consumers Pay Less for Mitsubishi i-MiEV Insurance
It’s important that you understand some of the elements that come into play when calculating insurance rates. When consumers understand what determines base rates, this allows you to make good choices that may reward you with much lower annual insurance costs. Many factors are part of the equation when premium rates are determined. Some are pretty understandable like a motor vehicle report, although some other factors are less obvious like where you live or your commute time.
Lower premiums with no policy lapses – Allowing your insurance policy to lapse can be a quick way to trigger a rate increase. In addition to paying higher rates, not being able to provide proof of insurance will get you fines and jail time.
Youthful drivers pay higher rates – More experienced drivers are viewed as being more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims, and get fewer tickets. Teen drivers have been known to be more careless when driving with friends and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher.
Marriage is a bonus – Getting married actually saves money on your insurance policy. Marriage translates into being more responsible it has been statistically shown that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
More traffic means higher claims – Being located in a rural area can be a good thing when insuring your vehicles. Fewer drivers on the road means a lower chance of having an accident and a lower car theft rate. Urban drivers have to deal with traffic congestion and longer commutes to work. More time commuting means a statistically higher chance of an accident.
Adjust deductibles and save – Insurance for physical damage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, insures against damage to your Mitsubishi. Some instances where coverage would apply would be a broken windshield, vandalism, and having your car stolen. The deductibles you choose are how much you are required to spend out-of-pocket before a claim is paid by your company. The larger the amount you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
Put fewer miles on your vehicle – Driving more miles in a year’s time the more you will pay for insurance. Many insurance companies calculate prices based upon how much you drive. Autos that are left in the garage receive lower rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. An improperly rated i-MiEV may be costing you. Make sure your insurance policy correctly shows annual mileage.
Insurance premiums and vehicle performance – The type of car you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a huge difference in the rate you pay. Lower cost passenger models usually are quite affordable to insure, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
Affordable rates on Mitsubishi i-MiEV insurance in Indianapolis with these discounts
Car insurance companies don’t list every possible discount in an easy-to-find place, so the list below gives a summary of a few of the more well known and also the lesser-known credits that may apply to you.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Indianapolis auto insurance quote compared to accident prone drivers.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes have fewer accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking time to complete a driver safety course could cut 5% off your bill and make you a better driver.
- Senior Citizens – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can possibly qualify for a discount up to 10%.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Cars that have air bags can get savings of more than 20%.
- First Accident Forgiveness – This isn’t a discount exactly, but companies like Allstate, Progressive, and GEICO will allow you to have one accident before your rates go up if your claims history is clear for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Professional Organizations – Belonging to a professional or civic organization could trigger savings on your next renewal.
- Payment Method – If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save up to 5%.
- Military Rewards – Having an actively deployed family member may qualify for rate reductions.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars and trucks optioned with advanced anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen so companies will give you a small discount.
A quick disclaimer, some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Even though it may seem like adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies don’t profit that way. Any amount of discount should definitely cut your premiums.
Some companies that possibly offer many of the previously listed discounts are:
Check with every prospective company what discounts are available to you. Some discounts may not apply in Indianapolis. To view insurers with discount car insurance rates in Indiana, click this link.
Quote more to save more
Low-cost Mitsubishi i-MiEV insurance in Indianapolis is definitely available on the web and also from your neighborhood Indianapolis agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best selection. A few companies do not provide online price quotes and usually these small, regional companies prefer to sell through local independent agents.
We just showed you some good ideas how you can compare Mitsubishi i-MiEV insurance car insurance rates in Indianapolis. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the better likelihood of getting low cost Indianapolis auto insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the most savings is with a lesser-known regional company. These smaller insurers can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than their larger competitors like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
To read more, take a look at the following helpful articles:
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Indianapolis Auto Insurance Quotes for Hybrid Vehicles? (FAQ)
- How Much are Indianapolis Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record? (FAQ)
- How Much are Indianapolis Auto Insurance Rates for a Jeep Wrangler? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Good Drivers in Indianapolis? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a Chevrolet Traverse in Indianapolis? (FAQ)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)