Would you like to buy lower-priced Nissan GT-R insurance in Indianapolis? Finding cheaper insurance for your Nissan GT-R in Indiana can be a painful process, but you can learn a few tricks to make it easier.
There are more efficient ways to buy auto insurance and we’ll show you the best way to quote coverages for a new or used Nissan and find the best price possible from both online companies and Indianapolis agents.
It’s an obvious conclusion that auto insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. Insureds who get comparison quotes at least once a year are highly likely to move their business because there is a good probability of finding a lower-priced policy. A study discovered that drivers who make a habit of shopping around saved approximately $3,500 over four years compared to policyholders who never compared prices.
If finding the best price on Nissan GT-R insurance is your target objective, knowing how to quote prices and compare insurance rates can save money and time.
You should make it a habit to take a look at other company’s rates before your next renewal since insurance rates are rarely the same from one policy term to another. If you had the lowest rate on Nissan GT-R insurance in Indianapolis a year ago you can probably find a better price now. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to the only way to properly buy coverages while reducing your premium.
Comparing rates for the best coverage in Indianapolis is not as hard as you may think. If you already have coverage or just want to save money, use these techniques to cut your premiums without sacrificing coverage. Drivers just have to know the most time-saving way to get comparison rates from multiple carriers.
Cutting your Indianapolis car insurance rates is not rocket science. The only thing you need to do is take time comparing rates to see which company has low cost Indianapolis auto insurance quotes.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Indianapolis, IN. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Cheaper rates on Nissan GT-R insurance in Indianapolis with these car insurance discounts
Some insurers don’t always list the entire discount list in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below gives a summary of both well-publicized and also the more inconspicuous credits available to you.
- Theft Deterrent System – Vehicles equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Driver Training Discounts – Passing a course teaching defensive driving skills could earn you a small percentage discount and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Discount for Swiching Early – A few companies allow discounts for renewing your policy prior to the expiration date on your current GT-R insurance policy. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Factory air bags can receive discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Low annual miles may enable drivers to earn slightly better car insurance rates than normal.
- Own a Home – Being a homeowner can save you money because owning a home is proof that your finances are in order.
It’s important to understand that some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Just because you may think you can get free auto insurance, car insurance companies aren’t that generous. Any amount of discount will bring down your overall bill.
The information below shows the comparison of Nissan GT-R insurance prices with and without discounts applied. Data assumes a male driver, no accidents, no driving violations, Indiana state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, marriage, multi-car, safe-driver, claim-free, and homeowner discounts applied.
To view companies that offer discounts in Indianapolis, click here to view.
Detailed insurance information
The premium information shown next showcases different insurance prices for Nissan GT-R models. Having a better understanding of how insurance policy premiums are figured helps drivers make informed decisions when comparing rate quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|GT-R Premium AWD 2-Dr||$342||$884||$250||$14||$76||$1,566||$131|
|GT-R AWD 2-Dr||$342||$884||$250||$14||$76||$1,566||$131|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Prices do not factor in specific Indianapolis garaging location which can revise auto insurance rates substantially.
Rate increases following a ticket or accident
The information below illustrates how traffic citations and fender-benders raise Nissan GT-R car insurance rates for different ages of insureds. The information is based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Nissan GT-R liability rates compared to full coverage
The chart below shows the difference between Nissan GT-R car insurance costs with full physical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. The information is based on no violations or claims, $250 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are factored in.
Deciding between full coverage and liability only
There is no exact rule of when to drop physical damage coverage, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is more than about 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Nissan GT-R claim settlement value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most you would receive is $4,000 after paying your policy deductible. If premium cost is more than $400 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are a few cases where buying only liability insurance is not in your best interest. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you have to keep full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Are car insurance agents obsolete?
Many drivers would rather sit down and talk to an agent and that is a smart decision Licensed agents can point out coverage gaps and will help you if you have claims. The best thing about comparing rate quotes online is that you can find cheap car insurance quotes and also buy local. Buying from and supporting small agencies is still important in Indianapolis.
After completing this short form, your information is immediately sent to participating agents in Indianapolis that can provide free Indianapolis auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to search for any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered directly to your email. If you wish to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, you can always find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
If you need to find a reliable insurance agency, there are a couple of types of insurance agents and how they can write your policy. Car insurance agents are categorized either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either can do a good job, but it is a good idea to know the difference in how they write coverage since it can affect your selection of an agent.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agents often have many company appointments so they have the ability to put coverage through lots of different companies and potentially find a lower price. If you want to switch companies, your policy is moved internally and you can keep the same agent.
When comparison shopping, you will want to check rates from multiple independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Many independent agencies also insure through mutual insurance companies which may provide better rates.
Below are Indianapolis independent insurance agents that may be able to give you price quote information.
- Steffey Hatoway Insurance
8365 Keystone Crossing #202 – Indianapolis, IN 46240 – (317) 334-3743 – View Map
- Dalessandro Agency Inc
4240 N Franklin Rd #109 – Lawrence, IN 46226 – (317) 898-1866 – View Map
- The George Group
5627 S Franklin Rd – Indianapolis, IN 46239 – (317) 862-2200 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type generally can only insure with one company and examples are Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agencies are usually quite knowledgeable on what they offer which can be an advantage. Consumers sometimes choose to use an exclusive agent mainly due to the brand name and strong financial ratings.
The following is a short list of exclusive agents in Indianapolis that can give you price quotes.
- State Farm: David R Johnson
4770 S Emerson Ave #J, Indianapolis 46203 – 4770 S Emerson Ave #J, IN 46203 – (317) 782-8858 – View Map
- Jerry Ortner – State Farm Insurance Agent
7424 Rockville Rd – Indianapolis, IN 46214 – (317) 273-0709 – View Map
- Bill Hill – State Farm Insurance Agent
7423 E 82nd St – Indianapolis, IN 46256 – (317) 849-4119 – View Map
Choosing an insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a cheap quote. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Indiana?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
Smart Consumers Know How to Find Car Insurance at a Discount
Many factors are part of the equation when you quote your car insurance policy. Most are fairly basic like your driving record, although some other factors are more obscure such as your credit history or how financially stable you are.
The list below includes a few of the “ingredients” used by insurance companies to determine your rates.
High coverage deductibles equal low rates – Protection for physical damage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, is used to repair damage to your Nissan. Some examples of covered claims are a windshield shattered by a rock, damage from fire, and burglary. The deductibles define how much the insured will be required to pay before a claim is paid by your company. The more damage repair cost you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the less money you will pay for car insurance.
Older drivers pay less – Older people are more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents, and get fewer tickets. Teen drivers are statistically shown to be careless and easily distracted behind the wheel therefore car insurance rates are much higher.
The next chart uses these variables: single driver, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Amount of liability insurance – The liability coverage on your policy will protect you if ever you are found to be at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. It provides you with a defense in court to attempt to prove you were not liable. Liability is cheap compared to comp and collision, so do not skimp.
Gender impacts prices – Over time, data shows that females take fewer risks when driving. That doesn’t necessarily mean that men are worse drivers. Women and men have at-fault accidents in similar numbers, but the males get into accidents with more damage. Not only that, but men also receive more major tickets like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving.
The information below illustrates the difference between Nissan GT-R premium costs for male and female drivers. The price estimates are based on no accidents, no driving violations, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are applied.
Nissan GT-R claim statistics – Companies take into consideration insurance loss statistics for every vehicle to help determine the price you pay. Vehicles that statistically have higher losses will have higher rates for specific coverages. The next table shows the historical insurance loss data for Nissan GT-R vehicles.
For each coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is equal to 100. Numbers under 100 suggest a positive loss record, while values that are above 100 show a trend for more claims or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Nissan GT-R 2dr 4WD||373||82||317|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Why you need to buy car insurance
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Nissan GT-R in Indianapolis, buying car insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability coverage in order to be legal. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Nissan GT-R, it’s guaranteed your bank will make it mandatory that you buy insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If the policy lapses, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Nissan for a much higher rate and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Car insurance protects your car and your assets. It will also pay for medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney if you cause an accident and are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your GT-R more than cancel out the cost, especially with large liability claims. But the average driver in Indiana is overpaying more than $869 every year so you should quote rates at every renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Be persistent and save
When buying insurance coverage, do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are too many instances where an insured dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to find out that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your goal should be to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of ways to compare Nissan GT-R insurance car insurance rates in Indianapolis. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the higher your chance of finding the cheapest Nissan GT-R rate quotes. Consumers could even find that the lowest car insurance rates come from a small mutual company.
The cheapest Nissan GT-R insurance in Indianapolis can be purchased on the web and with local Indianapolis insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies do not offer online price quotes and many times these smaller providers provide coverage only through independent agents.
How to find the cheapest rates for Nissan GT-R insurance in Indianapolis
To save the most money, the best way to get cheaper car insurance rates is to annually compare prices from companies in Indianapolis. This can be done by completing these steps.
- First, get an understanding of how companies price auto insurance and the measures you can take to keep rates in check. Many rating criteria that increase rates like traffic tickets, fender benders, and poor credit history can be amended by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Second, compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide prices from multiple companies. Click to view companies
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium and determine if there is any savings. If you find better rates and change companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Fourth, give proper notification to your current agent or company to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit a completed policy application and payment for your new policy. As soon as coverage is bound, store the certificate of insurance somewhere easily accessible.
One piece of advice is to try to compare identical deductibles and limits on every quote and and to get prices from as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this enables an apples-to-apples comparison and a better comparison of the market.
Helpful learning opportunities
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Used Cars in Indianapolis? (FAQ)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)