Would you prefer to buy the cheapest Porsche Boxster insurance in Indianapolis? If you are new to getting Indianapolis car insurance quotes online, you can be bewildered because of the huge number of companies all offering big savings in Indianapolis.
Amazingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that over 70% of consumers have bought auto insurance from the same company for well over three years, and 38% of drivers have never quoted auto insurance rates at all. U.S. consumers could save an average of almost $860 each year, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to shop around.
It’s a great practice to take a look at other company’s rates yearly because auto insurance prices are variable and change quite frequently. Just because you had the lowest rate on Porsche Boxster insurance in Indianapolis a year ago the chances are good that you can find a lower premium rate today. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because you’re about to find out the best methods to reduce your cost while improving coverage.
Quote Indianapolis Porsche Boxster insurance online
When comparing car insurance rates, know that making a lot of price comparisons helps improve the odds of finding a better price.
The following companies can provide price comparisons in Indianapolis, IN. If multiple providers are shown, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
Do you qualify for discounts on Porsche Boxster insurance in Indianapolis?
Companies offering auto insurance do not list all possible discounts very clearly, so the list below gives a summary of some of the more common and also the more inconspicuous discounts that you may qualify for. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount possible, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Homeowners Savings – Just being a homeowner can save you money because owning a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- New Vehicle Savings – Buying insurance coverage on a new vehicle can be considerably cheaper because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Multi-car Discount – Having multiple cars or trucks with the same car insurance company could earn a price break for each car.
- Waiver for an Accident – This one isn’t a discount, but some companies like Liberty Mutual, GEICO and Allstate will let one accident slide before they charge you more for coverage if you have no claims prior to being involved in the accident.
- Low Miles Discount – Low annual miles could earn cheaper rates.
- Seat Belt Usage – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle up could cut 10% or more on medical payment and PIP coverage.
You can save money using discounts, but some of the credits will not apply to the whole policy. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Even though it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it’s just not the way it works.
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Porsche Boxster insurance rates with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The price estimates are based on a male driver, no accidents or driving violations, Indiana state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, multi-policy, multi-car, homeowner, marriage, and claim-free discounts applied.
A list of companies and a selection of discounts are outlined below.
- Farm Bureau discounts include renewal discount, 55 and retired, multi-vehicle, youthful driver, multi-policy, and safe driver.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including Steer Clear safe driver discount, anti-theft, good driver, good student, Drive Safe & Save, and defensive driving training.
- Progressive has discounts for online quote discount, online signing, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, and homeowner.
- Allstate offers discounts for FullPay discount, new car, early signing, auto/life discount, and 55 and retired.
- Nationwide may offer discounts for multi-policy, easy pay, accident-free, business or organization, defensive driving, and Farm Bureau membership.
- MetLife offers premium reductions for claim-free, defensive driver, multi-policy, accident-free, good student, and good driver.
If you need affordable Indianapolis car insurance quotes, ask each company or agent which discounts you may be entitled to. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be available to policyholders in your area. For a list of car insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above in Indianapolis, click this link.
Auto insurance statistics for a Porsche Boxster
The premium table displayed below highlights different insurance coverage prices for Porsche Boxster models. Knowing how policy premiums are established is important to be able to make informed decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Boxster 2-Dr Convertible||$144||$306||$250||$14||$76||$790||$66|
|Boxster S 2-Dr Convertible||$160||$346||$250||$14||$76||$846||$71|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Estimates do not factor in specific zip code location which can increase or decrease prices considerably.
The diagram below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can raise or lower Porsche Boxster insurance prices for different age groups of insureds. The data assumes a married male driver, full coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Insurance agencies near you
A small number of people just want to buy from a licensed agent and that is just fine! The biggest benefit of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get lower rates and still buy from a local agent.
After completing this form (opens in new window), the quote information is sent to insurance agents in Indianapolis that can give you free Indianapolis car insurance quotes to get your business. There is no need to contact any agents due to the fact that quote results will go to you instantly. You can find the lowest rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you wish to compare prices for a specific company, you can always visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
Selecting an company requires more thought than just a low price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Where are claims handled?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
When finding a local Indianapolis insurance agent, it’s important to understand the types of agencies from which to choose. Car insurance agents can either be exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
These agents are contracted to one company and examples are AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. They are unable to shop your coverage around so they really need to provide good service. These agents are usually quite knowledgeable in insurance sales and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Some insured continue to choose to use a exclusive agent partially due to the brand rather than having low rates.
Shown below are exclusive agents in Indianapolis that are able to give price quotes.
- Chris Stringer – State Farm Insurance Agent
4875 W 56th St g – Indianapolis, IN 46254 – (317) 803-2241 – View Map
- Phil Kunkel – State Farm Insurance Agent
5510 S East St d – Indianapolis, IN 46227 – (317) 783-3127 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Brian Ciesil
1398 Shadeland Ave Ste 2233 – Indianapolis, IN 46219 – (317) 353-6225 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agents are appointed with more than one company so they can quote policies through many different car insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. If your agent finds better pricing, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don’t have to switch agencies. When comparing car insurance rates, you will want to include a few independent agents to maximize your price options. Most also have access to small regional insurance companies which can save you money.
The following is a short list of independent agents in Indianapolis willing to provide price quotes.
- A. I. King Insurance Agency, Inc.
8604 Allisonville Rd #210 – Indianapolis, IN 46250 – (317) 841-6004 – View Map
- Gregory and Appel Insurance
1402 N Capitol Ave #400 – Indianapolis, IN 46202 – (317) 634-7491 – View Map
- Walker and Associates Insurance
360 Gradle Dr – Carmel, IN 46032 – (317) 848-4400 – View Map
When to get professional advice
Always remember that when buying your policy for your vehicles, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Each situation is unique.
For instance, these questions may help highlight if your insurance needs may require specific advice.
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- What does UM/UIM cover?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- Do I need special coverage while pulling a rented trailer?
- I have health insurance so do I need medical payments coverage?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- What are good deductibles for a Porsche Boxster?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
How Your Boxster Insurance Prices are Determined
Multiple criteria are used in the calculation when quoting car insurance. Some are obvious like an MVR report, although some other factors are not quite as obvious like your continuous coverage or your financial responsibility.
Listed below are a partial list of the pieces that factor into your premiums.
Premiums are high for teenagers – Older, more experienced drivers are viewed as being more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims, and are generally more financially stable. Youthful drivers are statistically shown to be inattentive and easily distracted when driving with friends and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher.
The following chart uses these assumptions: single driver, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Drive less and pay lower prices – The higher the miles on your Porsche in a year’s time the higher the price you pay to insure it. Almost all companies apply a rate based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Vehicles used primarily for pleasure use can be on a lower rate level than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Having the wrong rating on your Boxster is throwing money out the window. Ask your agent if your declarations sheet shows the correct usage.
Traffic violations will cost you – Careful drivers get better prices than bad drivers. Even one speeding ticket can bump up the cost to the point where it’s not affordable. People who have careless violations like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may be required to prove financial responsibility with their state motor vehicle department in order to legally drive.
The example below demonstrates how traffic citations and accidents can drive up Porsche Boxster car insurance rates for different insured age categories. The premiums are based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Incidental coverages push up prices – Insurance companies have many additional coverages you can purchase if you don’t pay attention. Insurance for vanishing deductibles, towing, and extra equipment coverage are examples of these. These coverages may sound good when buying your policy, but if you don’t need them think about removing them and cutting costs.
You might get higher prices if you are single – Your spouse may save some money on your policy. It usually means you are more stable financially and insurance companies reward insureds because drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
Performance impacts premiums – The performance of the car or truck you are buying insurance for makes a big difference in your car insurance bill. The lowest premiums are usually for lower cost passenger models, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
The following data uses these assumptions: married male driver age 50, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It illustrates Porsche Boxster policy rates compared to other vehicles that have a range of risk factors.
Porsche Boxster insurance claim data – Insurers use historical loss data to help determine the rate you pay. Vehicles that statistically have increased claim numbers or amounts will have a higher cost to insure. The table shown below demonstrates the insurance loss data for Porsche Boxster vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is represented as 100. Percentage values below 100 represent a good loss history, while numbers shown that are more than 100 point to more frequent losses or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Porsche Boxster Convertible||135||47||121||31|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Three good reasons to insure your Boxster
Despite the potentially high cost of Porsche Boxster insurance, car insurance may be required for several reasons.
First, just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability if you want to drive legally. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your vehicle has a loan, most lenders will have a requirement that you have full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may insure your Porsche for a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
Third, car insurance protects not only your Porsche Boxster but also your assets. Insurance will pay for most medical and hospital costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your Porsche gets damaged, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your car greatly outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. An average driver in America is overpaying over $855 a year so compare rates every year to save money.
Smart consumers save more
In this article, we covered many ways to compare Porsche Boxster insurance premium rates in Indianapolis. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even be surprised to find that the best premium rates are with the smaller companies.
Lower-priced Porsche Boxster insurance in Indianapolis can be purchased on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, so you need to shop Indianapolis car insurance with both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies do not provide rate quotes online and many times these small, regional companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agencies.
When searching for inexpensive Indianapolis car insurance quotes, do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. In too many instances, someone dropped collision coverage only to find out that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The proper strategy is to purchase plenty of coverage at the lowest possible cost and still be able to protect your assets.
Steps to buying lower priced Porsche Boxster insurance in Indianapolis
If you want to save money, the best way to find lower priced Porsche Boxster insurance is to compare prices regularly from insurers in Indianapolis. Rates can be compared by following these guidelines.
- First, spend a few minutes and learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the steps you can take to lower rates. Many factors that cause high rates such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and poor credit rating can be amended by paying attention to minor details.
- Second, request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can provide price quotes for a wide range of companies. View companies
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy and determine if cheaper Boxster coverage is available. If you find a lower rate quote and change companies, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Fourth, notify your current company of your decision to cancel your current policy. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application for the new coverage. Once the application is submitted, store the proof of insurance paperwork in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
A good tip to remember is that you use identical coverages on every quote and and to compare as many companies as you can. Doing this guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
Additional insurance information can be read at the links below
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- Who Has Affordable Indianapolis Auto Insurance for Electric Cars? (FAQ)
- How Much is Indianapolis Auto Insurance for a Ford Escape? (FAQ)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)