If you’ve never shopped for Indianapolis auto insurance quotes online, you may be bewildered by the large number of insurance providers all claiming to have the lowest rates for Saturn Ion insurance in Indianapolis.
It’s astonishing, but almost 70% of drivers in Indiana have purchased from the same company for more than four years, and almost half have never even compared rates from other companies. American drivers could save approximately $860 a year just by comparing rates, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to compare rates.
It’s important to get comparison quotes periodically because car insurance prices trend upward over time. Just because you found the best rate on Saturn Ion insurance in Indianapolis last year you may be paying too much now. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because you’re about to learn the right way to find lower rates on car insurance.
If you have coverage now, you should be able to find better prices using these methods. Our objective is to teach you the best ways to compare prices and how you can save the most money. But Indiana drivers do need to understand how the larger insurance companies charge you for coverage because rates are impacted by many factors.
Affordable auto insurance in Indianapolis, IN
The companies shown below provide price comparisons in Indianapolis, IN. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
What Determines Saturn Ion Insurance Prices?
One of the most helpful ways to save on insurance is to to have a grasp of the rating factors that are used to determine your insurance rates. When you understand what determines base rates, this enables you to make decisions that could result in lower rates.
The itemized list below are some of the things that factor into your premiums.
- Avoid unnecessary extra policy coverages – There are many extra coverages that can waste your money if you don’t pay attention. Insurance for coverage for rental cars, better glass coverage, and extra life insurance coverage may be costing you every month. You may think they are a good idea when discussing your needs, but your needs may have changed so think about removing them and cutting costs.
- Insurance rates and your vocation – Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for insurance? Careers like lawyers, airline pilots, and medical professionals tend to pay higher rates than average in part from intense work situations and extremely grueling work hours. On the other hand, occupations like professors, athletes and retirees have the lowest average rates.
- Rural vs Urban Areas – Being located in smaller towns and rural areas of the country is a good thing when trying to find low car insurance rates. Drivers who live in large cities tend to have traffic congestion and higher rates of accident claims. Less people translates into fewer accident claims.
- Defend yourself with liability insurance – The liability section of your policy kicks in when you are responsible for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Your liability coverage provides legal defense coverage which can be incredibly expensive. It is affordable coverage compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
- Premiums drop with age – More experienced drivers are more cautious drivers, cause fewer claims and accidents, and usually have better credit. Teen drivers have been known to be easily distracted behind the wheel so they pay higher insurance rates.
- Male rates may be higher – The statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. Now that doesn’t mean women are better drivers. Females and males have fender benders at about the same rate, but males cause more damage. In addition to higher claims, males also have more aggressive citations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving.
- High performance vehicles cost more to insure – The performance level of the car or truck you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a big difference in your auto insurance rates. The lowest rates are generally reserved for smaller low performance passenger vehicles, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
These discounts can lower your auto insurance rates
Auto insurance is not inexpensive, but there are discounts available that can help lower your rates. Some discounts apply automatically at the time of purchase, but a few must be asked for prior to getting the savings.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Completing a course that instructs on driving safety may get you a small discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Online Discount – A few larger online companies will give a small break get Indianapolis auto insurance over the internet.
- Government Employees – Employees or retirees of the government could qualify for a slight premium decrease with certain companies.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can reduce accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Select insurance carriers reward you with a lower auto insurance rate if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
We need to note that most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So despite the fact that it appears you could get a free auto insurance policy, you aren’t that lucky. But all discounts will help reduce your auto insurance premiums.
Companies and their possible discounts include:
- State Farm has discounts for anti-theft, good driver, good student, passive restraint, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Progressive has savings for continuous coverage, good student, multi-policy, homeowner, online quote discount, and online signing.
- Progressive includes discounts for online signing, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, and good student.
- MetLife may have discounts that include defensive driver, multi-policy, good student, accident-free, good driver, and claim-free.
- Farm Bureau discounts include youthful driver, renewal discount, good student, safe driver, multi-vehicle, driver training, and multi-policy.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for membership and employees, five-year accident-free, military active duty, air bags, and defensive driver.
- SAFECO policyholders can earn discounts including anti-lock brakes, bundle discounts, accident prevention training, anti-theft, safe driver, drive less, and teen safety rewards.
Before you buy a policy, ask every company the best way to save money. Discounts may not be offered in your area. To find companies that offer some of these discounts in Indiana, click this link.
Are insurance agencies used anymore?
A lot of people just prefer to buy from a local agent and often times that is recommended An additional benefit of getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get cheap car insurance rates and still have a local agent.
By using this form (opens in new window), your information is submitted to local insurance agents in Indianapolis who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to search for an agent since price quotes are sent straight to your inbox. You can get cheaper car insurance rates without a big time investment. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from one company in particular, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Deciding on a insurer requires you to look at more than just the price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- How long has the business existed?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
If you are wanting to find a local Indianapolis insurance agency, you should know the types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Car insurance policy providers can be described as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Agents in the exclusive channel can only provide one company’s prices and some examples include Allstate and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company’s prices so you might not find the best rates. These agents are highly trained on the products they sell which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Some people will only use the same agent primarily because of the brand and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Listed below are exclusive agencies in Indianapolis who may provide you with rate quotes.
- State Farm: Amy Henry
7035 E 96th St Suite S-2 – Indianapolis, IN 46250 – (317) 897-1900 – View Map
- Chris Stringer – State Farm Insurance Agent
4875 W 56th St g – Indianapolis, IN 46254 – (317) 803-2241 – View Map
- Jerry Ortner – State Farm Insurance Agent
7424 Rockville Rd – Indianapolis, IN 46214 – (317) 273-0709 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent can sell policies from many different companies so they can write business through many different car insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply move the coverage in-house which makes it simple for you.
When comparing car insurance rates, you will want to contact at a minimum one independent agency to have the best price comparison. Most also write with mutual insurance companies which can save you money.
Below are Indianapolis independent agents that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Walker and Associates Insurance
360 Gradle Dr – Carmel, IN 46032 – (317) 848-4400 – View Map
- Summit Insurance Agency Inc
9302 N Meridian St #297 – Indianapolis, IN 46260 – (317) 844-4701 – View Map
- Shepherd Insurance and Financial Services
111 Congressional Blvd Suite 100 – Carmel, IN 46032 – (317) 846-5554 – View Map
If you feel you receive satisfactory answers to any questions you may have as well as a affordable price, you’ve probably found an auto insurance agent that will insure your vehicles.
Don’t give up on cheap premiums
We just covered many ideas to save on Saturn Ion insurance in Indianapolis. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the best price on auto insurance is with a lesser-known regional company.
People leave their current company for many reasons like high prices, policy cancellation, policy non-renewal and even denial of a claim. Whatever your reason, finding a new auto insurance company can be less work than you think.
When shopping online for auto insurance, it’s very important that you do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many cases, an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage only to discover later that it was a big error on their part. Your strategy should be to find the BEST coverage at the best cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Steps to saving on Saturn Ion insurance in Indianapolis
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get affordable auto insurance rates in Indianapolis is to compare quotes once a year from insurers that insure vehicles in Indiana. Price quotes can be compared by completing these steps.
First, spend a few minutes and learn about how car insurance works and the things you can change to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that increase rates like inattentive driving and a not-so-good credit rating can be eliminated by paying attention to minor details.
Second, compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can give you price quotes from multiple sources. Click to view companies
Third, compare the new rates to the price on your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate in Indianapolis. If you find a better price, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
Fourth, tell your current agent or company of your intention to cancel the current policy and submit a signed application and payment to your new carrier. When you receive it, keep the new proof of insurance certificate in an easily accessible location.
The most important part of shopping around is that you use the same level of coverage on each quote request and and to compare every company you can. This guarantees a level playing field and the best price selection.
Additional detailed information is available at these sites:
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Indianapolis? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Homeowners in Indianapolis? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Nissan Sentra in Indianapolis? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Indianapolis Auto Insurance Quotes for Welfare Recipients? (FAQ)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)