We don’t have to point out that fact that insurance companies don’t want you comparing rates. People who get price comparisons are very likely to switch to a new company because there is a high probability of finding a policy with better rates. A study showed that people who routinely compared rates saved about $3,400 over four years compared to people who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding discount rates on Buick Lucerne insurance in Indianapolis is the reason for your visit, learning how to find companies and compare car insurance can save time, money, and frustration.
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get budget auto insurance rates is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from different companies that insure vehicles in Indianapolis.
- Step 1: Get a basic knowledge of what is in your policy and the modifications you can make to keep rates low. Many things that result in higher prices like at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a substandard credit history can be remedied by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can give you price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to your existing coverage to see if cheaper Lucerne coverage is available in Indianapolis. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Step 4: Provide notification to your current company to cancel your current policy and submit a down payment along with a completed application to your new agent or company. As soon as you have the new policy, keep your new certificate of insurance with your registration paperwork.
An essential thing to point out is that you’ll want to make sure you compare identical coverages on every quote request and and to get prices from all possible companies. This guarantees the most accurate price comparison and the best price quote selection.
Best companies for cheap Buick Lucerne insurance in Indiana
The auto insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Indianapolis, IN. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Statistics and details
The premium information shown below showcases a range of insurance coverage prices for Buick Lucerne models. Being able to understand how car insurance prices are determined can help guide drivers when making smart choices when buying a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Lucerne CXL Special Edition||$146||$306||$286||$16||$86||$840||$70|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Prices do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can change coverage prices considerably.
The example below shows how choosing a deductible and can increase or decrease Buick Lucerne premium costs for each different age category. The rates are based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
How You Can Control Buick Lucerne Insurance Premiums
A large part of saving on insurance is knowing some of the factors that go into determining the level of your policy premiums. When you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that could help you find lower insurance prices. Many factors are used when quoting car insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like your driving record, although others are less obvious such as your marital status or your commute time.
Shown below are a few of the “ingredients” used by companies to determine your premiums.
Is your car built for speed? – The type of vehicle you need to insure makes a huge difference in your rates. The cheapest rates will normally be found when insuring the lowest performance passenger models, but your final cost has many other factors.
The next chart assumes a married male driver age 50, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The data compares Buick Lucerne rates compared to other makes and models that have a range of risk factors.
Poor driving habits means higher costs – Your driving record has a big impact on rates. Just one speeding ticket or other violation may cause rates to rise by twenty percent. Good drivers get better rates than bad drivers. Drivers who have flagrant violations such as DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may be required to prove financial responsibility with the DMV in their state in order to continue driving.
The chart below illustrates how traffic citations and fender-benders can drive up Buick Lucerne auto insurance rates for different age groups. The premiums are based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
You might get higher costs if you are single – Being married can get you a discount when shopping for insurance. Having a spouse is viewed as being more mature and responsible and it’s proven that married couples file fewer claims.
Insurance rates and driver gender – Statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. It does not mean men are worse drivers. Women and men have at-fault accidents in similar percentages, but men tend to have more serious accidents. Men also tend to receive more major tickets like DUI and reckless driving. Young men ages 16 to 20 are several times more likely to be in an accident and are penalized with high insurance rates.
The diagram below compares Buick Lucerne insurance rates for male and female drivers. The costs are based on no accidents or driving violations, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no policy discounts are applied.
Save money on Buick Lucerne insurance in Indianapolis with these car insurance discounts
Companies don’t necessarily list all possible discounts very well, so here is a list both the well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious savings tricks you should be using when you buy Indianapolis car insurance online.
- One Accident Forgiven – This isn’t a discount exactly, but some companies like Progressive, Allstate, and Liberty Mutual will forgive one accident before your rates go up so long as you haven’t had any claims for a set time period.
- Government Employee Discount – Active or retired federal employment could cut as much as 10% off with some car insurance companies.
- Accident Free – Good drivers with no accidents can earn big discounts when compared with drivers with a long claim history.
- Indianapolis Homeowners Discount – Owning a house in Indianapolis can save you money since owning and maintaining a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Require your teen driver to enroll and complete driver’s education as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Taking part in a class that teaches defensive driving techniques could earn you a small percentage discount and also improve your driving technique.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being deployed in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying a policy with multiple cars or trucks on the same car insurance policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you can combine your auto and homeowners policy with the same company you could earn a discount of as much as 10 to 15 percent.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So when the math indicates having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you aren’t that lucky.
The information below shows the comparison of Buick Lucerne car insurance rates with and without discounts. The premiums assume a male driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, Indiana state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, marriage, safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, and multi-car discounts applied.
A list of car insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts can be found below.
- Farm Bureau may include discounts for driver training, good student, youthful driver, multi-policy, renewal discount, and safe driver.
- State Farm offers discounts for multiple policy, accident-free, Steer Clear safe driver discount, anti-theft, and passive restraint.
- Progressive has savings for online quote discount, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, online signing, good student, and continuous coverage.
- Allstate discounts include 55 and retired, anti-lock brakes, teenSMART discount, anti-theft, passive restraint, and FullPay discount.
- Nationwide may offer discounts for good student, business or organization, accident-free, easy pay, Farm Bureau membership, defensive driving, and anti-theft.
- MetLife has discounts for good student, accident-free, claim-free, good driver, and defensive driver.
Check with every insurance company to apply every possible discount. All car insurance discounts might not be offered in Indianapolis. If you would like to see a list of insurers that have a full spectrum of discounts in Indiana, follow this link.
What if I want to buy from local Indianapolis auto insurance agents?
Certain consumers still like to visit with an insurance agent and that is a smart decision Licensed agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help submit paperwork. An additional benefit of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get the best rates and still buy from a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, your information is transmitted to agents in your area who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact an agency since price quotes are sent to you instantly. If you wish to compare prices from a specific company, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Picking the best provider should include more criteria than just the premium amount. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
Listed below is a list of car insurance companies in Indianapolis that may be able to provide rate quotes for Buick Lucerne insurance in Indianapolis.
- GEICO Insurance Agent
3837 N High School Rd Suite 10 – Indianapolis, IN 46254 – (317) 216-0932 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance
2229 Martin Luther King Jr St – Indianapolis, IN 46208 – (317) 925-5557 – View Map
- Indiana Discount Insurance
5502 N Keystone Ave – Indianapolis, IN 46220 – (317) 863-0349 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Brian Ciesil
1398 Shadeland Ave Ste 2233 – Indianapolis, IN 46219 – (317) 353-6225 – View Map
Be persistent and save
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, don’t be tempted to reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many instances, someone sacrificed liability coverage limits and found out when filing a claim that they should have had better coverage. The ultimate goal is to get the best coverage possible at the best price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
People who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including lack of trust in their agent, being labeled a high risk driver, unfair underwriting practices or even delays in paying claims. It doesn’t matter what your reason, switching car insurance companies is actually quite simple.
You just read quite a bit of information on how to save on Buick Lucerne insurance in Indianapolis. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. Drivers may even discover the best auto insurance rates are with a smaller regional carrier.
More information can be read on the following sites:
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Indianapolis Car Insurance for Drivers Under 25? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for High Mileage Drivers in Indianapolis? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Chevrolet Equinox in Indianapolis? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Indianapolis Auto Insurance for a Ford F-150? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Nurses in Indianapolis? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Uber Drivers in Indianapolis? (FAQ)
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)