How long has it been since you compared quotes for cheaper Subaru Impreza insurance in Indianapolis? Locating affordable Indianapolis Subaru Impreza insurance quotes over the internet might appear somewhat difficult for consumers new to price shopping on the web. With such a large choice of companies in the marketplace, how can anyone have time to compare every company in order to find the lowest price available?
Unbelievably, the vast majority of consumers have remained with the same insurance company for four years or more, and approximately 40% of consumers have never even compared rates from other companies. Drivers in Indiana could cut their rates by $697 a year by just shopping around, but they don’t believe the rate savings if they switch to a new company.
You should take the time to compare premium rates periodically because rates are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest premium rates on Subaru Impreza insurance in Indianapolis a few years ago you may be paying too much now. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because you’re about to learn the best way to find lower rates on insurance.
Most of the larger companies allow you to get coverage prices directly from their websites. Getting online rates for Subaru Impreza insurance in Indianapolis doesn’t take much effort as you just enter the coverage amounts you desire into the form. Upon sending the form, their system will order your credit score and driving record and generates a price based on the information you submitted.
Quoting online for Subaru Impreza insurance in Indianapolis makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it’s absolutely necessary to get many rate quotes if you are searching for the lowest payment.
To save time and find out how much you’re overpaying now, visit the companies below or click here to submit a quote request to multiple companies at once. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you copy coverages and limits as shown on your current policy. This way, you will have rate comparison quotes for the exact same coverage.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer free quotes in Indiana. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you compare several of them to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
Facts and figures for Subaru Impreza insurance
The rate information shown next showcases estimates of coverage prices for Subaru Impreza models. Having insight into how insurance policy premiums are calculated can be valuable when making smart buying decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Impreza 2.5I 4WD Station Wagon||$240||$370||$380||$22||$114||$1,126||$94|
|Impreza 2.5I 4WD Station Wagon||$240||$370||$380||$22||$114||$1,126||$94|
|Impreza Outback Sport 4WD Station Wagon||$240||$450||$380||$22||$114||$1,206||$101|
|Impreza 2.5I AWD 4-Dr||$272||$450||$380||$22||$114||$1,238||$103|
|Impreza 2.5I Premium Package AWD 4-Dr||$272||$530||$380||$22||$114||$1,318||$110|
|Impreza WRX 4WD Station Wagon||$272||$530||$380||$22||$114||$1,318||$110|
|Impreza 2.5 GT 4WD Station Wagon||$302||$530||$380||$22||$114||$1,348||$112|
|Impreza WRX AWD 4-Dr||$302||$610||$380||$22||$114||$1,428||$119|
|Impreza 2.5I GT AWD 4-Dr||$302||$610||$380||$22||$114||$1,428||$119|
|Impreza WRX STI 4WD Station Wagon||$302||$610||$380||$22||$114||$1,428||$119|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Rate quotes do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can lower or raise auto insurance rates greatly.
Driving violations and accidents
The diagram below illustrates how traffic citations and accidents raise Subaru Impreza auto insurance rates for each different age group. The premiums assume a single male driver, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Full coverage versus liability-only
The example below compares Subaru Impreza insurance rates with full coverage and liability only. The data is based on no claims or driving citations, $1,000 deductibles, single status, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to stop buying full coverage
There is no written rule of when to phase out full coverage on your policy, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than around 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s assume your Subaru Impreza settlement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, you would only receive $2,000 after paying your policy deductible. If you are paying in excess of $200 a year for full coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are a few situations where dropping physical damage coverage is not advised. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you have to keep full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not opt for liability only.
Insurance is an important decision
Despite the high cost, insurance serves an important purpose.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Subaru Impreza, most banks will force you to have full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank will be required to insure your Subaru at a much higher rate and require you to fork over a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects your Subaru Impreza and your assets. It will also reimburse you for hospital and medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay to defend you in the event you are sued. If your Subaru gets damaged, your insurance policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying enough insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially for larger claims. The average driver in Indiana is wasting up to $800 each year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
Subaru Impreza Insurance Price Factors
Consumers need to have an understanding of a few of the rating criteria that aid in calculating the rates you pay for auto insurance. If you have some idea of what determines premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that may result in much lower annual insurance costs.
Listed below are a few of the things used by insurance companies to determine your prices.
- Keep the miles off and save – Driving a lot of miles each year the higher the price you pay to insure it. Most companies rate vehicles based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Cars and trucks used primarily for pleasure use can get a lower rate than those that get driven frequently. A policy that improperly rates your Impreza can result in significantly higher rates. Verify your auto insurance policy is rated on the correct usage for each vehicle, because it can save money.
- Limits of liability – Your auto insurance policy’s liability coverage will protect you if a court rules you are at fault for personal injury or accident damage. It provides for a legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to other policy coverages, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
- Optional features can affect premiums – Choosing to buy a car with a theft deterrent system can save you some money. Theft deterrent systems like OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems all help stop auto theft and help lower rates.
Cheaper to insure gals? – The statistics show that females take fewer risks when driving. Now that doesn’t mean women are better drivers. Men and women have accidents in similar numbers, but the men have accidents that have higher claims. They also have more aggressive citations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving.
The example below illustrates the difference between Subaru Impreza yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. The prices are based on a clean driving record, no claims, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are applied.
- Lower coverage deductibles cost more – Insurance for physical damage to your car, also called ‘full coverage’, covers damage that occurs to your Subaru. Some instances where coverage would apply are a dented fender, flood damage, and damage from a fallen tree branch. The deductibles you choose are how much you are required to spend if the claim is covered. The more expense you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the lower your rates will be.
- Save by driving safer cars – Cars with five star safety ratings tend to be cheaper to insure. Vehicles engineered for safety result in less severe injuries and fewer injuries means your insurance company pays less and cheaper rates on your policy. If your Subaru Impreza has ratings of a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org it is probably cheaper to insure.
- Decrease rates by maintaining coverage – Driving your car without having proper coverage is a misdemeanor and as a result your rates will increase for letting your insurance lapse for non-payment. Not only will you pay more, being ticketed for driving with no insurance could result in fines and jail time.
Insurance loss data for a Subaru Impreza – Insurance companies take into consideration insurance loss statistics for every vehicle as a tool for profitable underwriting. Models that historically have higher frequency or amount of claims will have a higher premium rate.
The table below illustrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Subaru Impreza vehicles. For each coverage category, the loss probability for all vehicles averaged together is equal to 100. Values that are 100 or less indicate better than average losses, while numbers that are greater than 100 indicate frequent claims or statistically larger claims.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Subaru Impreza Models Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Subaru Impreza 4WD 96 80 110 79 78 81BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
You are unique and your insurance should be too
When it comes to buying proper insurance coverage, there is no “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s needs are different.
For instance, these questions might point out if you would benefit from professional advice.
- If my Subaru Impreza is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- How much liability coverage do I need in Indiana?
- Is there a penalty for late payment?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver in Indianapolis?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required Indiana minimum liability coverage?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in Indiana?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with an agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
Do the work, save more money
Cheaper auto insurance in Indianapolis can be bought on the web as well as from insurance agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies may not provide price quotes online and usually these smaller companies work with local independent agencies.
You just read quite a bit of information on how to find cheap Subaru Impreza insurance in Indianapolis. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get premium rates for, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Subaru Impreza insurance quotes. You may even find the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a small mutual company.
As you restructure your insurance plan, it’s not a good idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many cases where drivers have reduced physical damage coverage only to regret at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
Steps to buying lower priced Subaru Impreza insurance in Indianapolis
It takes a little time, but the best way to find more affordable auto insurance rates in Indianapolis is to begin comparing prices regularly from providers who sell insurance in Indiana.
- Get an understanding of how companies price auto insurance and the factors you can control to keep rates low. Many rating criteria that result in higher prices such as accidents, careless driving, and a not-so-good credit score can be remedied by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can quote rates from many different companies.
- Compare the quotes to your existing rates and determine if cheaper Impreza coverage is available in Indianapolis. If you find a lower rate and decide to switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
One thing to point out is to compare the same liability limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get prices from as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this enables a fair rate comparison and a complete price analysis.
More tips and info about auto insurance can be found by following these links:
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Indianapolis Car Insurance for Seniors? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with a DUI in Indianapolis? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers with Accidents in Indianapolis? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Indianapolis? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)