If you’re looking for lower-cost insurance on the web, are you confused by the crazy number of car insurance choices in your area? There are so many choices to choose from that it can really be a difficult challenge to find a cheaper company. Indianapolis is a wonderful place to live, but expensive premiums for car insurance can make it hard to meet other financial obligations.
Steps to finding discount Dodge Ram insurance in Indianapolis
Really, the only way to find better pricing on car insurance rates is to compare quotes once a year from different companies that sell auto insurance in Indianapolis.
First, get a basic knowledge of coverages and the things you can change to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that cause high rates like traffic violations and poor credit rating can be amended by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. This article gives ideas to get cheaper rates and find hidden discounts.
Second, quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from multiple sources. Start a quote
Third, compare the new rates to the premium of your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find a lower rate quote and change companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
Fourth, give notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit payment and a completed application to the newly selected company. Don’t forget to keep the new proof of insurance certificate in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
One thing to remember is to compare the same deductibles and limits on every price quote and and to compare as many companies as feasibly possible. This ensures the most accurate price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
It’s a fact that insurance companies want to prevent you from shopping around. Insureds who shop around annually are inclined to switch car insurance companies because there is a significant possibility of finding lower rate quotes. A study discovered that drivers who routinely compared quotes saved on average $3,500 over four years compared to those who never compared prices.
If finding the cheapest price for car insurance is the reason you’re here, then knowing how to compare insurance coverage can save time and make the process easier.
You should take the time to get comparison quotes every six months because rates fluctuate regularly. Just because you had the best rate on Dodge Ram insurance in Indianapolis six months ago you can probably find a lower rate today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because we’re going to show you one of the quickest ways to remove unneeded coverages and save money.
Finding and buying cheaper auto insurance coverage in Indianapolis is not that difficult. Nearly each driver who is overpaying for auto insurance will most likely be able to cut their insurance bill. Nevertheless, Indiana consumers must understand the methods companies use to calculate their prices and apply this information to your search.
Companies offering Dodge Ram insurance in Indiana
The following companies provide price comparisons in Indiana. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Insurance coverage analysis
The data table shown next showcases estimates of coverage prices for Dodge Ram models. Knowing how rates are determined can be valuable when making smart choices when choosing a car insurance company.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 2WD||$232||$406||$412||$24||$124||$1,198||$100|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 2WD||$262||$494||$412||$24||$124||$1,316||$110|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 2WD||$262||$494||$412||$24||$124||$1,316||$110|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 2WD||$262||$494||$412||$24||$124||$1,316||$110|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 4WD||$262||$494||$412||$24||$124||$1,316||$110|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$262||$494||$412||$24||$124||$1,316||$110|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 2WD||$262||$494||$412||$24||$124||$1,316||$110|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 4WD||$262||$494||$412||$24||$124||$1,316||$110|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 4WD||$262||$494||$412||$24||$124||$1,316||$110|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 2WD||$292||$580||$412||$24||$124||$1,432||$119|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 2WD||$292||$580||$412||$24||$124||$1,432||$119|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 4WD||$292||$580||$412||$24||$124||$1,432||$119|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 4WD||$292||$580||$412||$24||$124||$1,432||$119|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$292||$580||$412||$24||$124||$1,432||$119|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 2WD||$292||$580||$412||$24||$124||$1,432||$119|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$292||$580||$412||$24||$124||$1,432||$119|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 4WD||$292||$580||$412||$24||$124||$1,432||$119|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 4WD||$292||$580||$412||$24||$124||$1,432||$119|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$292||$668||$412||$24||$124||$1,520||$127|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 4WD||$292||$668||$412||$24||$124||$1,520||$127|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Price estimates do not factor in zip code location which can lower or raise price quotes significantly.
The diagram below shows how choosing a deductible and can affect Dodge Ram insurance prices for different age groups of insureds. Data assumes a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Liability only or full coverage
The information below shows the comparison of Dodge Ram insurance rates when comparing full coverage to liability only. The data assumes no claims or driving violations, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are factored in.
Should you pay for full coverage?
There is no definitive formula of when to eliminate physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general convention. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is 10% or more of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s say your Dodge Ram claim settlement value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most you would get paid by your company is $4,000 after the deductible is paid. If premium cost is more than $400 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are a few cases where only buying liability is not financially feasible. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not opt for liability only.
Discounts can help lower premiums on Dodge Ram insurance in Indianapolis
Car insurance is not inexpensive, but you might be missing out on some discounts that may help make it more affordable. Certain credits will be shown at the time of purchase, but some may not be applied and must be asked about prior to receiving the credit.
- Payment Method – By paying your entire bill at once instead of making monthly payments you can avoid the installment charge.
- Discount for New Cars – Insuring a vehicle that is new can be considerably cheaper because new vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Indianapolis Homeowners Pay Less – Owning a home in Indianapolis can save you money due to the fact that maintaining a home requires personal responsibility.
- Paper-free Discount – Many car insurance companies may give you up to $50 for completing your application on their website.
- Data Collection Discounts – People who choose to allow driving data submission to analyze when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematics device such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive may get a rate reduction if they are good drivers.
- Life Insurance Discount – If the company offers life insurance, you could get better car insurance rates if you take out a life insurance policy as well.
- First Accident Forgiveness – This one isn’t a discount, but some companies like Progressive, Allstate, and Liberty Mutual will allow you to have one accident without the usual rate increase if you have no claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Early Signing – Select companies give a discount for switching policies before your current Ram insurance policy expires. The savings is around 10%.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to take driver’s ed class in school.
We need to note that some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Despite the fact that it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, car insurance companies aren’t that generous. But all discounts will lower the cost of coverage.
The example below shows the difference between Dodge Ram auto insurance rates with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The data is based on a male driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, Indiana state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, marriage, and claim-free discounts applied.
Large car insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for defensive driving training, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple policy, student away at school, safe vehicle, Drive Safe & Save, and good driver.
- GEICO offers discounts for membership and employees, emergency military deployment, good student, anti-theft, and daytime running lights.
- Progressive has discounts for multi-policy, multi-vehicle, online signing, continuous coverage, and homeowner.
- 21st Century has savings for 55 and older, air bags, homeowners, early bird, teen driver, driver training, and student driver.
- American Family includes discounts for TimeAway discount, Steer into Savings, air bags, defensive driver, bundled insurance, and multi-vehicle.
- The Hartford may offer discounts for bundle, defensive driver, driver training, good student, and air bag.
- AAA discounts include good student, multi-policy, education and occupation, AAA membership discount, and multi-car.
When getting free Indianapolis auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to each insurance company how you can save money. Savings may not apply to policyholders everywhere. To see insurance companies with significant discounts in Indianapolis, click here.
Neighborhood agents and auto insurance
A lot of people still prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and there is nothing wrong with that. An additional benefit of comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get the lowest rates and still have an agent to talk to. Supporting small agencies is important particularly in Indianapolis.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, your coverage information is emailed to participating agents in Indianapolis who will return price quotes for your coverage. You won’t even need to drive around because prices are sent to you instantly. You can find the lowest rates without having to waste a lot of time. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from a particular provider, don’t hesitate to navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
When narrowing the list to find a good Indianapolis insurance agent, it helps to know the two different types of agents and how they can service your needs differently. Auto insurance agents are either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be independent do not write with just one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with many different companies and get the cheapest rates. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don’t have to do anything.
If you are comparing auto insurance prices, it’s recommended you check rates from independent agents to get the best comparison. Many can place coverage with small mutual carriers that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Featured below are independent insurance agencies in Indianapolis that can give you free auto insurance rate quotes.
- Dalessandro Agency Inc.
4255 Lafayette Rd – Indianapolis, IN 46254 – (317) 290-2055 – View Map
- Summit Insurance Agency Inc
9302 N Meridian St #297 – Indianapolis, IN 46260 – (317) 844-4701 – View Map
- McClain Matthews Insurance
6329 Hollister Dr – Indianapolis, IN 46224 – (317) 298-7500 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel normally can only provide a single company’s rates and some examples include Allstate and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on their company’s products and that can be a competitive advantage. Consumers sometimes buy from exclusive agents mostly because of high brand loyalty rather than low price.
Below is a list of exclusive agents in Indianapolis that are able to give price quotes.
- American Family Insurance – Brian Ciesil
1398 Shadeland Ave Ste 2233 – Indianapolis, IN 46219 – (317) 353-6225 – View Map
- Norm Street – State Farm Insurance Agent
8610 E Washington St – Indianapolis, IN 46219 – (317) 898-2626 – View Map
- Bill Hill – State Farm Insurance Agent
7423 E 82nd St – Indianapolis, IN 46256 – (317) 849-4119 – View Map
Choosing an insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the premium amount. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Indianapolis?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
Find cheaper rates by comparing often
Insureds who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including an unsatisfactory settlement offer, being labeled a high risk driver, extreme rates for teen drivers and even poor customer service. Regardless of your reason, switching companies is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
Budget-friendly auto insurance in Indianapolis is available online and from local insurance agents, so you need to quote Indianapolis auto insurance with both to have the best selection. A few companies do not offer rate quotes online and these smaller companies only sell coverage through local independent agents.
As you restructure your insurance plan, it’s very important that you do not reduce needed coverages to save money. There are a lot of situations where drivers have reduced physical damage coverage and discovered at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. Your goal should be to purchase plenty of coverage at a price you can afford and still be able to protect your assets.
Steps to saving on Dodge Ram insurance in Indianapolis
To save the most money, the best way to get low-cost Dodge Ram insurance is to compare quotes annually from providers in Indianapolis. Rate comparisons can be done by completing these steps.
- First, gain an understanding of what coverages are included in your policy and the things you can change to keep rates in check. Many rating criteria that increase rates such as speeding tickets, careless driving and a less-than-favorable credit score can be rectified by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Second, obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from multiple companies.
- Third, compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available in Indianapolis. If you can save money and buy the policy, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Fourth, provide notification to your current agent or company to cancel the current policy. Submit payment and a completed application to the new insurer. As soon as you receive it, put the certificate verifying proof of insurance above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
A good piece of advice is that you’ll want to compare identical coverage information on each price quote and and to get price quotes from every company you can. This guarantees a fair price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
Additional auto insurance information can be found at the links below
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Indianapolis Car Insurance Rates for 16 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Indianapolis Auto Insurance Rates for a Toyota RAV4? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Indianapolis Car Insurance for Seniors? (FAQ)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)