Shockingly, the vast majority of consumers kept their coverage with the same insurance company for more than four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared rates with other companies. Many drivers in Indianapolis can save hundreds of dollars each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don’t know how much savings they would realize if they replace their high priced policy.
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get budget Acura RLX insurance is to regularly compare quotes from companies in Indianapolis. Prices can be compared by following these guidelines.
- Spend some time learning about the coverage provided by your policy and the things you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that increase rates such as traffic violations, accidents, and an unacceptable credit score can be rectified by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can give you price quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save some money and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Give notification to your current company of your intention to cancel the current policy. Submit a completed application and payment to the new insurer. Don’t forget to place the new certificate of insurance with your vehicle’s registration.
The most important part of shopping around is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same deductibles and limits on every price quote and and to analyze as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this provides the most accurate price comparison and the best rate selection.
The companies shown below offer price quotes in Indiana. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you visit as many as you can to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but discounts can save money and there are some available that may help make it more affordable. Some of these discounts will be visible when you complete an application, but occasionally some discounts must be specially asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you pay your bill all at once instead of making monthly payments you can avoid monthly service charges.
- College Student – Kids who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not have a car can receive lower rates.
- Good Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents can save as much as half off their rates compared to accident prone drivers.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts may earn rate discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Club Memberships – Having an affiliation with certain professional organizations could trigger savings when getting a Indianapolis auto insurance quote.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Select auto insurance companies reward you with a discounted price on car insurance if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low mileage vehicles can earn lower premium rates on the low mileage vehicles.
Keep in mind that most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. If you do the math and it seems like you could get a free auto insurance policy, it’s just not the way it works.
Larger auto insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are shown below.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including good student, Steer Clear safe driver discount, passive restraint, defensive driving training, Drive Safe & Save, multiple autos, and safe vehicle.
- Progressive offers discounts for multi-policy, online signing, good student, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and online quote discount.
- Travelers has discounts for payment discounts, multi-car, student away at school, early quote, IntelliDrive, and home ownership.
- American Family may offer discounts for defensive driver, accident-free, bundled insurance, mySafetyValet, good student, and Steer into Savings.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts including multi-policy, teen driver discount, multi-car, good student, and exclusive group savings.
Double check with each company which discounts you qualify for. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply to policies in your area. To locate insurers who offer online Acura RLX insurance quotes in Indianapolis, click this link.
How Insurers Determine Acura RLX Insurance Prices
A large part of saving on auto insurance is knowing the factors that go into determining auto insurance rates. When consumers understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make good choices that will entitle you to lower auto insurance prices. Many factors are used when pricing auto insurance. Some are obvious like a motor vehicle report, although some other factors are more obscure such as your marital status or your commute time.
The list below includes just a few of the factors auto insurance companies consider when setting your rates.
- Tickets mean higher rates – Your driving record impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Having just one speeding ticket could increase your next policy renewal by twenty percent. Careful drivers pay lower auto insurance prices than their less careful counterparts. Drivers who have gotten flagrant violations like reckless driving or DUI may be required to prove financial responsibility with their state’s licensing department in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
- Alarm systems save money – Choosing a vehicle with advanced anti-theft systems can help lower your premiums. Theft prevention devices such as vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all help stop vehicle theft.
- Comp and collision deductibles are a factor – Physical damage coverage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, protects your Acura from damage. A few examples of covered claims could be colliding with a building, hail damage, or theft. The deductibles tell how much you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if the claim is covered. The more money you have to pay, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
- Car insurance liability insurance limits – Your auto insurance policy’s liability coverage will protect you when you are found liable for damages from an accident. This coverage provides you with a defense in court to attempt to prove you were not liable. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
Acura RLX claim probability – Insurance companies use statistical claims data to help set a rate to offset losses. Models that the data determines to have increased claim numbers or amounts will cost more to insure. The table shown below demonstrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Acura RLX vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles combined as an average is a value of 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while percentages above 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or an increased chance of a larger loss.
Acura RLX Insurance Loss Statistics Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Acura RLX 4dr 128 63 179 82BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Buying car insurance from Indianapolis car insurance agents
Some consumers still prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is OK! Licensed agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help you file claims. A nice benefit of getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get cheap car insurance rates but also keep your business local.
By using this simple form, your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to companies in Indianapolis that give free quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t even need to visit any agencies since rate quotes are delivered directly to you. If for some reason you want to quote rates for a specific company, just go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
Picking the best insurance company needs to be determined by more than just the quoted price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- How long have they been in business?
- Does their agency support local causes in Indianapolis?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
If you are wanting to find a reliable agent, you need to know there are two different types of agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Indianapolis agents are categorized either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both can insure your vehicles, but we need to point out how they are different because it can factor into which type of agent you select.
These agents generally can only insure with one company such as State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. They usually cannot provide other company’s prices so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on sales techniques which can be an advantage. Drivers often buy from the same agent for years primarily because of the brand and strong financial ratings.
Below are Indianapolis exclusive insurance agencies that can give you comparison quotes.
- Frances Johnson – State Farm Insurance Agent
5707 N Michigan Rd – Indianapolis, IN 46228 – (317) 257-3504 – View Map
- Scott Nichols – State Farm Insurance Agent
7022 W 10th St b – Indianapolis, IN 46214 – (317) 243-3509 – View Map
- Keith Eberg – State Farm Insurance Agent
7550 S Meridian St d – Indianapolis, IN 46217 – (317) 887-1400 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents of this type often have many company appointments so they have the ability to put coverage through lots of different companies and get you the best rates possible. If they quote lower rates, they can switch companies in-house without you having to go to a different agency.
When comparing car insurance rates, you will definitely want to include price quotes from at least one independent agent in order to compare the most rates. Most have the option of insuring with small mutual carriers which can save you money.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Indianapolis that can give you comparison quotes.
- Dalessandro Agency Inc
4240 N Franklin Rd #109 – Lawrence, IN 46226 – (317) 898-1866 – View Map
- A. I. King Insurance Agency, Inc.
8604 Allisonville Rd #210 – Indianapolis, IN 46250 – (317) 841-6004 – View Map
- A-1 Insurance Agency
2929 E 96th St Suite A. – Indianapolis, IN 46240 – (317) 844-3049 – View Map
After receiving positive responses to these questions and locked in a price quote, you may have found an insurance agency that is reliable enough to provide car insurance coverage.
Auto insurance can get complicated
When buying insurance from an agent or online, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s so this has to be addressed.
For instance, these questions might point out whether your personal situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- How do I insure my teen driver?
- Do they offer discounts for home and auto coverage?
- Are there any extra discounts I can get?
- Is other people’s property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and may give you better protection.
Be persistent to save money
Cheap Acura RLX insurance in Indianapolis is available on the web and with local Indianapolis insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies do not offer rate quotes online and many times these regional insurance providers work with independent insurance agents.
When buying insurance coverage, do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. In too many instances, someone sacrificed collision coverage and discovered at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. The proper strategy is to buy enough coverage at an affordable rate, but do not skimp to save money.
More detailed car insurance information can be read in these articles:
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Young Drivers in Indianapolis? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Nurses in Indianapolis? (FAQ)
- How Much are Indianapolis Auto Insurance Rates for a 20 Year Old Male? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Indianapolis Car Insurance for Seniors? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Indianapolis Auto Insurance for a Learners Permit? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)