The most effective way to find cheaper Hyundai Genesis insurance is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from insurance carriers in Indianapolis. Price quotes can be compared by completing these steps.
- Gain an understanding of the different coverages in a policy and the measures you can control to drop your rates. Many risk factors that result in higher prices such as your driving record and a not-so-good credit history can be remedied by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Continue reading for instructions to lower rates and find possible discounts that are available.
- Request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can provide price quotes from multiple insurance companies. View rates
- Compare the new quotes to your existing policy and determine if there is any savings. If you can save some money and change companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Notify your company or agent to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit a completed policy application and payment to the new company. Once coverage is bound, keep your new proof of insurance certificate in an easily accessible location.
One tip to remember is to compare the same deductibles and limits on each quote request and and to get prices from every insurance company. This helps ensure an accurate price comparison and the best price quote selection.
We don’t have to point out that fact that car insurance companies don’t want their policyholders to compare prices. Consumers who rate shop once a year are likely to move their business because there is a high probability of finding a lower rate. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that drivers who routinely shopped for cheaper coverage saved over $72 a month compared to those who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding the lowest rates on Hyundai Genesis insurance is your objective, then learning a little about how to choose a company and compare cheaper coverage can help make the process easier.
Getting a cheaper price on insurance doesn’t have to be difficult. Just take time comparing rate quotes online from several insurance companies.
Comparing quotes online is fast and free, and it takes the place of having to go to local insurance agencies. Comparing online rate quotes reduces the need to sit down with an agent unless you have a need for the professional abilities of an agent trained in personal lines coverage. It is possible to comparison shop your insurance online and have a local agent actually service the policy.
The companies shown below provide free quotes in Indiana. If multiple providers are shown, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can in order to find the most affordable rates.
Auto insurance rates and discounts
Car insurance companies don’t always advertise every discount available in an easy-to-find place, so the following is a list of some of the more common as well as some of the hidden savings tricks you should be using when you buy Indianapolis car insurance online.
- Multiple Cars – Buying coverage for several vehicles on one policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Active Service Discounts – Being on active deployment in the military could mean lower premium rates.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job can earn a discount up to 10% depending on your company.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with ABS or steering control can avoid accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking time to complete a course in defensive driving could possibly earn you a 5% discount and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Indianapolis drivers who stay claim-free can save substantially as compared to policyholders that have many claims.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like you can get free auto insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way.
The information below compares Hyundai Genesis insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The price estimates are based on a female driver, a clean driving record, no claims, Indiana state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, multi-car, marriage, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-policy discounts applied.
Popular auto insurance companies and the discounts they provide are outlined below.
- Progressive may offer discounts for homeowner, online quote discount, continuous coverage, multi-policy, and online signing.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for bundle discounts, pay in full, mature driver, early shopping, switch companies, teen driver, and good student.
- Farm Bureau discounts include youthful driver, driver training, 55 and retired, renewal discount, multi-policy, good student, and multi-vehicle.
- State Farm has discounts for multiple policy, multiple autos, Drive Safe & Save, safe vehicle, defensive driving training, and driver’s education.
- GEICO offers discounts for multi-policy, anti-theft, daytime running lights, five-year accident-free, and driver training.
- SAFECO may include discounts for drive less, anti-theft, accident prevention training, teen safe driver, teen safety rewards, multi-car, and bundle discounts.
- Liberty Mutual may have discounts that include newly retired, new graduate, teen driver discount, hybrid vehicle, newly married, and multi-policy.
Before you buy a policy, ask every insurance company the best way to save money. Some discounts may not be available in your state. For a list of companies that offer some of these discounts in Indiana, follow this link.
The table displayed below highlights a range of insurance costs for Hyundai Genesis models. Knowing how rate quotes are determined is important for making smart choices when buying a car insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Genesis 2.0T 2-Dr Coupe||$152||$312||$350||$20||$106||$940||$78|
|Genesis 3.8 4-Dr Sedan||$168||$270||$238||$14||$72||$762||$64|
|Genesis 2.0T Premium 2-Dr Coupe||$168||$312||$350||$20||$106||$956||$80|
|Genesis 3.8 2-Dr Coupe||$168||$312||$350||$20||$106||$956||$80|
|Genesis 2.0T Track 2-Dr Coupe||$168||$312||$350||$20||$106||$956||$80|
|Genesis 3.8 Grand Touring 2-Dr Coupe||$168||$312||$350||$20||$106||$956||$80|
|Genesis 4.6 4-Dr Sedan||$168||$312||$238||$14||$72||$804||$67|
|Genesis 3.8 Track 2-Dr Coupe||$168||$352||$350||$20||$106||$996||$83|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Price estimates do not factor in specific zip code location which can alter premium rates noticeably.
Cautious Indianapolis drivers save money
The information below demonstrates how traffic citations and at-fault collisions influence Hyundai Genesis auto insurance rates for each age group. The prices are based on a married female driver, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Liability only or full coverage
The example below illustrates the comparison of Hyundai Genesis car insurance costs with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The premium estimates are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied.
When to drop comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no definitive rule for dropping full coverage, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of having full coverage is 10% or more of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Hyundai Genesis replacement value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most you would get paid by your company is $3,000 after paying your policy deductible. If you are paying over $300 annually for full coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are some situations where only buying liability is not a good plan. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should keep full coverage in place.
Insurance agents near you
Some people still like to buy from a licensed agent and that is just fine! Good agents can answer important questions and help in the event of a claim. A good thing about comparing rate quotes online is that you can find cheap car insurance rates and still buy from a local agent. Buying from small agencies is definitely important in Indianapolis.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, the coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents who can give free rate quotes to get your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to leave your computer as quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. If for some reason you want to get a price quote for a specific company, just search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
If you want to buy car insurance from a reputable agency, there are two types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents are considered either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either one can sell car insurance policies, but we need to point out how they are different because it can factor into the kind of agent you use.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Independent agents do not sell for just one brand so they can write business with lots of companies and get you the best rates possible. If prices rise, the agent simply finds a different carrier which is easy for the insured. If you are comparing rate quotes, we recommend you contact a couple of independent agencies in order to have the best price comparison.
Featured below are independent agents in Indianapolis who may be able to give you free price quotes.
These agents normally can only provide a single company’s rates like AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company’s rates so they have no alternatives for high prices. They are trained well in insurance sales which aids in selling service over price.
The following are Indianapolis exclusive agencies willing to provide rate quotes.
Deciding on an insurance agency is decision based upon more than just a cheap price quote. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
Find Cheaper Auto Insurance with These Tips
Part of the auto insurance buying process is learning some of the things that are used to determine your premiums. If you have a feel for what influences your rates, this enables informed choices that may reward you with lower auto insurance prices. Many different elements are part of the equation when you get your auto insurance bill. A few of the factors are predictable like an MVR report, although some other factors are not quite as obvious like your vehicle usage and annual miles driven.
The items below are a partial list of the pieces used by your company to calculate rates.
Youthful drivers pay high prices – Young drivers in Indiana tend to get distracted easily when driving therefore auto insurance rates are much higher. Older people are viewed as being more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims, and are generally more financially stable.
The following chart uses these variables: single driver, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Your address can influence price – Living in small towns and rural areas can save you money when insuring your vehicles. Fewer drivers on the road means a lower chance of having an accident. Residents of big cities regularly have more traffic problems and higher rates of accident claims. The longer drive time means more chances of being involved in an auto accident.
Keep auto insurance rates low by being claim-free – If you are a frequent claim filer, you can definitely plan on higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Car insurance companies in Indiana generally give the best rates to drivers who are claim-free. Your insurance policy is intended for claims that pose a financial burden.
Safer cars cost less to insure – Vehicles with good safety scores get lower rates. Safe vehicles have better occupant injury protection and better occupant protection translates directly to fewer claims and thus lower rates.
Eliminate extra coverages – Insurance policies have a lot of optional add-on coverages you can purchase on your Genesis policy. Insurance for vanishing deductibles, towing coverage, and term life insurance may be costing you every month. You may think they are a good idea when discussing your needs, but if you’ve never needed them in the past eliminate them to save money.
Married people drive safer – Your spouse actually saves money on your policy. Having a significant other means you’re more responsible and statistics show drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
Hyundai Genesis claim data – Insurance companies use past loss statistics for each vehicle when setting rates for each model. Vehicles that the data determines to have higher losses will have higher rates. The table below shows the loss history for Hyundai Genesis vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is considered to be 100. Percentages below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while percentage numbers above 100 point to more losses or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Hyundai Genesis 4dr||154||71||154||85||99|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Why you need car insurance
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Indianapolis, maintaining insurance is required in Indiana but also provides important benefits.
First, just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a loan on your vehicle, most banks will make it mandatory that you have physical damage coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Hyundai at a much higher rate and require you to pay much more than you were paying before.
Third, insurance safeguards your car and your assets. Insurance will pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you have damage to your Hyundai as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly for liability claims. According to a recent study, the average American driver is wasting up to $830 a year so compare quotes from several companies every year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Cheap insurance premiums are possible
When you buy Indianapolis car insurance online, it’s very important that you do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In too many instances, drivers have reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to discover later that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
There are still a few companies who do not provide online quoting and many times these small insurance companies only sell coverage through independent agents. Budget-friendly insurance in Indianapolis can be purchased on the web and from local insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best selection.
We just presented many ideas to find cheap Hyundai Genesis insurance in Indianapolis. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the better your chances of lowering your car insurance rates. Drivers may even discover the best price on insurance is with some of the lesser-known companies. Smaller companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
To learn more, feel free to visit the following helpful articles:
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- Who Has Affordable Indianapolis Car Insurance Rates for 16 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Indianapolis Auto Insurance for a Ford F-150? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Nurses in Indianapolis? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Indianapolis Car Insurance for Seniors? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for High School Students in Indianapolis? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers with Accidents in Indianapolis? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Veterans in Indianapolis? (FAQ)
- How Much are Indianapolis Car Insurance Rates for a Hyundai Sonata? (FAQ)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)